PDA

View Full Version : literally not feeling any iman at all



.alhamdulillah.
06-12-2017, 04:52 AM
Just feel lost. A lot of times just feeling like why am I even doing this, do I even believe in Islam, why am I here reading Quran, trying to learn more about Islam, praying, etc...



Like I am constantly trying to remind myself why I believe in Islam, why it has to be the truth, who I am praying to.


I just want my mind to be set straight that I know Allah exists with certainty and live my life motivated and driven to obide by Allah's rule to please him, make the most of my life, do good, and earn Jannah....

I used to be like that.


Now I am constantly living with why am I doing this or that with every little thing, low iman, etc....



In the end I just want to live my life the way Allah has intended for his creation to live in the best manner possible, but it's hard to do when you are constantly thinking why I am doing this, is it really for Allah, does he really exist.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Just feel lost. A lot of times just feeling like why am I even doing this, do I even believe in Islam, why am I here reading Quran, trying to learn more about Islam, praying, etc...



Like I am constantly trying to remind myself why I believe in Islam, why it has to be the truth, who I am praying to.


I just want my mind to be set straight that I know Allah exists with certainty and live my life motivated and driven to obide by Allah's rule to please him, make the most of my life, do good, and earn Jannah....

I used to be like that.


Now I am constantly living with why am I doing this or that with every little thing, low iman, etc....



In the end I just want to live my life the way Allah has intended for his creation to live in the best manner possible, but it's hard to do when you are constantly thinking why I am doing this, is it really for Allah, does he really exist.
It's okay every Muslim has a stage in there faith where they ask these questions I'm assuming you havnt really learned much of the scientfic evidence or the predictions of prophet Muhammad (saw) here are some links that could definitely strengthen your faith and whenever you get these thoughts counteract with them with proofs like this there of course don't cover everything but it certainly goes through allot
Scientific evidences (video length = 1 hour and 21 minutes) : https://youtu.be/q0fwvL73nBM
Predictions of prophet Muhammad (saw) : https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comme...curring_right/
Reply

azc
06-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Just feel lost. A lot of times just feeling like why am I even doing this, do I even believe in Islam, why am I here reading Quran, trying to learn more about Islam, praying, etc...



Like I am constantly trying to remind myself why I believe in Islam, why it has to be the truth, who I am praying to.


I just want my mind to be set straight that I know Allah exists with certainty and live my life motivated and driven to obide by Allah's rule to please him, make the most of my life, do good, and earn Jannah....

I used to be like that.


Now I am constantly living with why am I doing this or that with every little thing, low iman, etc....



In the end I just want to live my life the way Allah has intended for his creation to live in the best manner possible, but it's hard to do when you are constantly thinking why I am doing this, is it really for Allah, does he really exist.
A lot of istighfar should be done.
Reply

AbdurRahman.
06-12-2017, 08:42 PM
i think deep down inside you know that Islam is the truth from Allah thats why your so worried about doubts and things

so what you need to do is beg ALlah to give you strong iman and try to constantly be engaged in worship; either salah, Quran reciation, zikr etc, this way you'd get rid of the 'mess' in your heart and fill it up with certainty and peace

thereafter never entertain doubt ever again!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Hamza Asadullah
06-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Just feel lost. A lot of times just feeling like why am I even doing this, do I even believe in Islam, why am I here reading Quran, trying to learn more about Islam, praying, etc...



Like I am constantly trying to remind myself why I believe in Islam, why it has to be the truth, who I am praying to.


I just want my mind to be set straight that I know Allah exists with certainty and live my life motivated and driven to obide by Allah's rule to please him, make the most of my life, do good, and earn Jannah....

I used to be like that.


Now I am constantly living with why am I doing this or that with every little thing, low iman, etc....



In the end I just want to live my life the way Allah has intended for his creation to live in the best manner possible, but it's hard to do when you are constantly thinking why I am doing this, is it really for Allah, does he really exist.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

My brother you being concerned over your imaan is a sign of imaan. When we are shackled by our sins and love of the dunya (the world) has entered our hearts and we have forgotten our inevitable death and our eternal destination - The Hereafter - then Imaan (faith) will inevitabley leave the heart like water leaves a bottle when you tip it over.

Just like we service our cars, valet them, clean them, refill them often. A similar analogy can be applied to our hearts. It must be regularly serviced, checked, cleaned and re-filled with the love and remembrance of Allah so our imaan can remain topped up.

Therefore we must never forget death and our next destination - the grave. Most of us think "Not me, I wont die until old age". How many young people thought that and they are in the grave right now? Go to the grave yard often my brother. Take a look at the ages of the residents of the graves and you will see that they range from 0 - 100+. So by remembering death our attachment for this world and materialistic things weakens. The more we love this world the more we will forget Allah, death, our graves and the Hereafter.

Therefore my brother the solution is that our focus is completely wrong! We are focussing on things that either do not matter or are irrelevant in the bigger picture of things. This blessed month is the best opportunity for us to reflect, ponder, re-evaluate and re-focus our lives towards that of the bigger picture and what really matters.

So my brother firstly abandon any major sins that you a are doing as this tortures our hearts and souls and keeps us away from Allah. Repent sincerely and make a a firm commitment never to repeat such an act again. We cannot get closer to Allah and have khushu in our prayers and deeds if we are committing major sins.

Secondly connect with the masjid. Make effort to pray all your orayers at the masjid or at least as many as you can manage. This is because if we are away from the Masjid then we are like a lone sheep who is vulnerable to attack by the Wolf (shaythan and our nafs) .

Thirdly connect with the quran. A recite of it as much as you can comfortabley manage. Learn the meanings of what you are reciting and implement it in your daily life. Ponder, reflect and contemplate over its meanings. By connecting with the Quran we are connected to Allah. We also remain in his remembrance and know that theQuran will intercede for us on the day where we need as much intercession as we can get. Memorise the quran and make it a firm intention to memorise it all in your life time for those if us with such an intention then even if we die it is hoped we will die as haafidh inshaAllah.

Fourthly adopt the Tahajjud prayer in the latter part of the nights. What better way to connect to Allah than when most other people are asleep? The Tahajjud prayer is one of the best ways of gaining an intimate connection to Allah and increasing our imaan and Khushu in our prayers. It is also one of the best ways to get our Dua's accepted and get closer to Allah.

So my brother beg and ask of Allah. I don't mean the way you have been doing up until now. I mean REALLY ask of of him. Beg of him and cry unto him, ask of him with all of your heart like you have never done before and he will never abandon your call. He loves you far more than your parents and anyone else ever will. No one can love you more than him. If only we walked towards him then he would run towards us. So this is our best opportunity and it may well be our last.


I hope the following articles will be of benefit:


3 Ways of attaining focus in our Salah

3 ways of attaining focus in our Salaah (prayer) - You will be amazed!

10 Steps to Increase our Iman(Faith)


10 Steps to Increase our Iman (Faith) - Updated version

Utterly regretful in the Hereafter:

Utterly regretful in the Hereafter

The Angel of Death is coming for us!

The Angel of Death is coming for us!

A Solution For Weak Iman | Inspiring Speech

Reply

.alhamdulillah.
06-21-2017, 07:13 PM
I don't know, I've been trying to do some of those things of remembering Allah, focusing more in prayer, and etc... and learning more about Islam to improve my belief intelectually but when I try to go pray, make dua, or even just living in general I just don't care. I don't care in dua, I don't care in prayer, it's extremely difficult to focus in any of it.

I'm in prayer thinking, why am I even doing this, I should just stop praying and break my prayer.... go break my fast... like who cares..... now there is just something holding me back from doing that. but i don't know....

When I feel nothing, have no care towards pleasing Allah and doing good, remembering him, etc... it all becomes difficult to do, and when it is that difficult to do those things I begin questioning if i even believe an if this is all even true and then if I don't believe in it, then why am I doing any of it at all???? I should just go live it up.... but then when I have that attitude something holds me back from that.... Like I am stuck in the middle of obeying Allah and completely living freely and just doing nothing and it's like Allah has made me deaf, dumb, blind, my heart is hard, and there is no hope for me since Allah doesn't want to guide me and infact he is fed up with what I've done in the past that now this is it for me, I am unable to do good in this world, and Allah is leading me astray.
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
06-21-2017, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
I don't know, I've been trying to do some of those things of remembering Allah, focusing more in prayer, and etc... and learning more about Islam to improve my belief intelectually but when I try to go pray, make dua, or even just living in general I just don't care. I don't care in dua, I don't care in prayer, it's extremely difficult to focus in any of it.

I'm in prayer thinking, why am I even doing this, I should just stop praying and break my prayer.... go break my fast... like who cares..... now there is just something holding me back from doing that. but i don't know....

When I feel nothing, have no care towards pleasing Allah and doing good, remembering him, etc... it all becomes difficult to do, and when it is that difficult to do those things I begin questioning if i even believe an if this is all even true and then if I don't believe in it, then why am I doing any of it at all???? I should just go live it up.... but then when I have that attitude something holds me back from that.... Like I am stuck in the middle of obeying Allah and completely living freely and just doing nothing and it's like Allah has made me deaf, dumb, blind, my heart is hard, and there is no hope for me since Allah doesn't want to guide me and infact he is fed up with what I've done in the past that now this is it for me, I am unable to do good in this world, and Allah is leading me astray.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

There are many factors which hold us back from our deen and have a detrimental impact on our Imaan. One of the main reasons our Imaan is low and we lack motivation to go good deeds is because of a major sin that has shackled us and held us back for a long time. Major sins have a very detrimental affects on our Imaan and motivation to want to please and obey Allah. So the first thing we must do is stop the major sins immediately.

We should make a firm commitment to Allah that we will stop our major sins and for Allah to help us to remain steadfast. As long as we are remorseful of our major sins and make a firm commitment to Allah we will not go back to our major sins then we will find Allah most forgiving.

Stop Doing The Major Sins



Another factor maybe love of the dunya (worldly life) in our hearts which has damaged our imaan and the motivation to do good deeds. Again we must denounce the love of this dunya from our hearts and make a firm commitment to Allah that we want to live our lives in this short temporary life obeying and pleasing him and that we want to live not for the love of this world but for the desire for the Hereafter. So let us ask of Allah to rid our hearts for the love of this dunya.

On top of that we must constantly think of death and the fact that we can die at any second. Visit the graveyard. Look around you and you will see people of all ages dying suddenly. Our death can also come very suddenly so we must prepare for it and if we have not started the preparation yet then we must start the preparations now.

What better time to change our lives for the better than during what could be the night of Power. So turn to Allah tonight, open up your hands unto him and beg of him and cry unto him like never before. He loves you more than you can ever imagine and wants you closer to him. Walk towards him and he will run towards you. Make a firm commitment to him from tonight and ask of him to guide you and help you to keep steadfast on his deen and for you to spend your life obeying and pleasing him and keeping away from that which may anger or displease him.

Laylatul Qadr: How To Repent (Taubah) from Major Sins




May Allah enable us to change our ways now before our souls are taken. Ya Allah give us a death in the best way and manner possible and do not ever let us die in a bad state. Ameen
Reply

.alhamdulillah.
06-21-2017, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum,

There are many factors which hold us back from our deen and have a detrimental impact on our Imaan. One of the main reasons our Imaan is low and we lack motivation to go good deeds is because of a major sin that has shackled us and held us back for a long time. Major sins have a very detrimental affects on our Imaan and motivation to want to please and obey Allah. So the first thing we must do is stop the major sins immediately.

We should make a firm commitment to Allah that we will stop our major sins and for Allah to help us to remain steadfast. As long as we are remorseful of our major sins and make a firm commitment to Allah we will not go back to our major sins then we will find Allah most forgiving.

Stop Doing The Major Sins



Another factor maybe love of the dunya (worldly life) in our hearts which has damaged our imaan and the motivation to do good deeds. Again we must denounce the love of this dunya from our hearts and make a firm commitment to Allah that we want to live our lives in this short temporary life obeying and pleasing him and that we want to live not for the love of this world but for the desire for the Hereafter. So let us ask of Allah to rid our hearts for the love of this dunya.

On top of that we must constantly think of death and the fact that we can die at any second. Visit the graveyard. Look around you and you will see people of all ages dying suddenly. Our death can also come very suddenly so we must prepare for it and if we have not started the preparation yet then we must start the preparations now.

What better time to change our lives for the better than during what could be the night of Power. So turn to Allah tonight, open up your hands unto him and beg of him and cry unto him like never before. He loves you more than you can ever imagine and wants you closer to him. Walk towards him and he will run towards you. Make a firm commitment to him from tonight and ask of him to guide you and help you to keep steadfast on his deen and for you to spend your life obeying and pleasing him and keeping away from that which may anger or displease him.

Laylatul Qadr: How To Repent (Taubah) from Major Sins




May Allah enable us to change our ways now before our souls are taken. Ya Allah give us a death in the best way and manner possible and do not ever let us die in a bad state. Ameen
I totally get what you are saying with major sins holding one back, because my iman never used to be like this, I was always motivated to do good and never questioned my belief or Allah, but I kept persisting in one thing and no doubt it is the reason I am where I am right now.

But I have stopped it, I am fed up with doing it and it has been a little while since I stopped it, and since then I have only missed an occasional prayer here and there, and it's usually always a fajr prayer because I was just dead tired and made excuses.

Like I totally get why my heart and mind even are in the state they are in, but I've stopped doing that one thing and I just don't know how to undo those effects, because the things one needs to do to undo those effects such as dhikr and struggling for Allah and obeying his commands, are just so difficult now and I am always questioning my belief and thinking it makes no sense to be doing them if I don't believe.... I struggle to truly internalize the signs of Allah and the religion of Islam and have certainty and connection to Allah and that this is his religion and he exists.
Reply

Abz2000
06-21-2017, 10:11 PM
It may help you to stay in tune if you download some intelligent Islamic audio lectures on lives of the prophets and a good Quran translation and listen to them with earphones.
It totally focuses a person and elevates the mind above the confused mix of frivolities that are part and parcel of everyday life.
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
06-21-2017, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
I totally get what you are saying with major sins holding one back, because my iman never used to be like this, I was always motivated to do good and never questioned my belief or Allah, but I kept persisting in one thing and no doubt it is the reason I am where I am right now.

But I have stopped it, I am fed up with doing it and it has been a little while since I stopped it, and since then I have only missed an occasional prayer here and there, and it's usually always a fajr prayer because I was just dead tired and made excuses.

Like I totally get why my heart and mind even are in the state they are in, but I've stopped doing that one thing and I just don't know how to undo those effects, because the things one needs to do to undo those effects such as dhikr and struggling for Allah and obeying his commands, are just so difficult now and I am always questioning my belief and thinking it makes no sense to be doing them if I don't believe.... I struggle to truly internalize the signs of Allah and the religion of Islam and have certainty and connection to Allah and that this is his religion and he exists.
Asalaamu Alaikum.

My brother it does take a while for our minds to rewire itself after having indulged in major sins for such a long time. But we can help accelerate the process by keeping away from anything that may even lead to such a sin again.

On top of that looking after our health plays a huge part in ones general feelings of motivation. The most important things to do in order to improve overall health and feelings of well being are to sleep early and awaken early, eat small portions whenever hungry, eat f the good and wholesome food that Allah has enjoined upon us.

On top of that keep as active as possible. You can do this by walking to and from the Masjid. Going for walks in the park and nature walks. Joining a gym and doing cardio and resistance training. These things have a huge positive impact upon ones imaan. And also following the advice brother Abz has given regarding listening to good Islamic lectures on the lives of the Prophets and Quran translation.

Also as I mentioned before to visit the graveyard often as this will keep bringing us back to reality as we keep reminding ourselves of our inevitable death. Keep listening to lectures of death and the Hereafter:

When will our last moment be?

When will our last moment be?

Another thing which is very important is to also surround ourselves with good pious company and sit with the learned as much as we can. Another thing which I think is important to mention is if one listens to music then to eradicate from one's life immediately and also to reduce or even better cut out TV or at least be very selective what we are watching. This also includes mainstream media online, TV and newspapers. This is because Music, TV and Mainstream media has a negative affect on our minds and even brainwashing affects. It can change our perception on matters and therefore the way we think and our behavior. So because we have allowed our hearts to be corrupted for so long it will not be cleaned our overnight.

Knowing the tricks of shaythan is also very helpful indeed as we realise what his tricks are and how he is trying to destroy us:

Defeat Shaythan by learning his tricks:

Defeat Shaythan by learning his tricks!

So we can certainly start afresh by making a firm commitment to Allah that we will leave our major sins and anything that is preventing us from getting closer to him and that we want to try our best to do everything to please and obey him and so we ask for his help and to give us guidance and the ability to keep firm on his path and to make us of those who benefit his seen and others. Most of all to die upon the kalima and die in the best way and manner possible. Ameen
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-26-2014, 10:48 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 12:19 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:54 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 05:49 AM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 11:32 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!