/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Talaaq or Renew Nikkah?

ISLAMTHEWAY4US
06-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Here is an issue which I need some major help on its a long story but I'll try cutting it down.

Basically, a husband said something really bad in front of his wife, I'm talking about kalima kufr here, maybe more than kalima kufr, astagfirullah, it was really serious so she spoke to a Mufti about this and he said their nikkah has broken and unless the husband repents, reads kalima again and they redo their nikkah then they can't live together as husband and wife.

Anyways, she explained this matter to her husband but he didn't take much notice of it / didn't really care / didn't take it seriously, and so the wife left and went to her fathers house.

About a week later, the husband shows up at the fathers house and asks the wife to come home but she refuses and an argument takes place whereby the husband says talaaq to her 3 times and walks out.

Fast forward to today, the man and woman have been in recent contact and the man tells the woman that she was right for leaving and that he was wrong, he says he is sorry and now they both want to work things out. However they are not sure if it is possible, I mean does the talaaq stand or can they do redo their nikkah now?

Jazaak Allah for any advice

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
06-14-2017, 04:17 PM
the only thing that might make a marriage still possible is if the 3 talaaqs have been said in anger; i know in Hanafi madhab, even if said in anger, it is still effective as talaq but other madhabs might differ and it may me due to the situation they may be able to choose any valid opinion, so worth checking out

however has he said shahada and become muslim again?

*charisma*
06-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMTHEWAY4US
Here is an issue which I need some major help on its a long story but I'll try cutting it down.

Basically, a husband said something really bad in front of his wife, I'm talking about kalima kufr here, maybe more than kalima kufr, astagfirullah, it was really serious so she spoke to a Mufti about this and he said their nikkah has broken and unless the husband repents, reads kalima again and they redo their nikkah then they can't live together as husband and wife.

Anyways, she explained this matter to her husband but he didn't take much notice of it / didn't really care / didn't take it seriously, and so the wife left and went to her fathers house.

About a week later, the husband shows up at the fathers house and asks the wife to come home but she refuses and an argument takes place whereby the husband says talaaq to her 3 times and walks out.

Fast forward to today, the man and woman have been in recent contact and the man tells the woman that she was right for leaving and that he was wrong, he says he is sorry and now they both want to work things out. However they are not sure if it is possible, I mean does the talaaq stand or can they do redo their nikkah now?

Jazaak Allah for any advice
Please seek the advice of a scholar. She spoke to a mufti before, she should do so again. None of us here are qualified to give you an answer, especially concerning something as serious as divorce.

ISLAMTHEWAY4US
06-14-2017, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
the only thing that might make a marriage still possible is if the 3 talaaqs have been said in anger; i know in Hanafi madhab, even if said in anger, it is still effective as talaq but other madhabs might differ and it may me due to the situation they may be able to choose any valid opinion, so worth checking out

however has he said shahada and become muslim again?
Yes he has done the above. Its not really about anger, its more to do with if nikkah was broken first due to kalima kufr and then talaaq was given after, then did this talaaq count? that's the main question.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ISLAMTHEWAY4US
06-14-2017, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Please seek the advice of a scholar. She spoke to a mufti before, she should do so again. None of us here are qualified to give you an answer, especially concerning something as serious as divorce.
Yes I was aware of that before I even posted. Do you know any Mufti who speaks English that I can speak to? I can't seem to get hold of anyone let alone an English speaking aalim.

AbdurRahman.
06-14-2017, 04:44 PM
Yes he has done the above. Its not really about anger, its more to do with if nikkah was broken first due to kalima kufr and then talaaq was given after, then did this talaaq count? that's the main question.
the words of kufr if said in ignorance [i.e. he didn't know it will make him kaafir] or that he said that in anger and didn't mean it, it may not be really kufr although a mufti has said it is, but yet another scholar may differ on it if the circumstances are more clarified, hence before the 3 talaqs the marriage still may have been intact

if he was kaafir he could have become muslim again before issuing the 3 talaqs so it is a bit complicated, therefore best to go to a mufti and tell everything in detail and get answer

*charisma*
06-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Yes I was aware of that before I even posted. Do you know any Mufti who speaks English that I can speak to? I can't seem to get hold of anyone let alone an English speaking aalim.
You can go to a local mosque or search for various mosques who have services where they can answer these questions for you inshallah.

I will close this thread to avoid anyone giving wrong or misleading advice. If you need to inquire further, feel free to message me or any of the admins, or post in the helpdesk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.