/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations!

Erikzen
06-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm coming to this forum after a bit of struggle. I was born and raised a Protestant Christian, but over the past 10 years or so have found myself edging more and more into the crisis of faith I find myself in today. Over the past ten years I have bounced from denomination to denomination finding each one to be equally dissatisfying for myself, I'm having a hard time reconciling the teachings and actions of the organizations against what Jesus taught. In fact I don't think I can. I started looking outside of Christianity for answers a couple of years ago, so far to no avail, ultimately, my belief that Jesus is a prophet leaves me in a difficult place. Which is what brings me here. After some reading, I understand that Islam accepts Jesus as a prophet, one of many, and doesn't deify him. I have held off seeking out Islam for a couple of reasons. Primarily, I don't know a single Muslim. So asking questions over lunch isn't a possibility. Secondly, it's a little intimidating as there is so much information out there. That's why I'm here. I want to learn, to see if this is something I can find refuge in, to find guidance in learning - so that I'm reading from credible sources.

Anyways, I know its a journey, I hope to make some friends in the mean time. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
06-17-2017, 04:24 AM
Welcome to Islamic board.

Wishing you a pleasant stay.

noraina
06-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Hi,

Welcome to this forum, I think you'll find this is a great place to be, we'd be delighted to help in any way and answer any of your questions in'sha'Allah. :)

You're right, in Islam we don't believe in the Trinity, we believe Jesus :as: is a noble Prophet and a Messenger of God who was sent to preach pure monotheism - in Arabic he is called the Prophet Isa :as: and he is mentioned numerous times in the Qur'an. In fact, in the Qur'an there is a whole chapter named after his mother, Maryam.

Muslims believe that Jesus :as: was one of the most important messengers, that he is the Messiah (and he will return during the end times), that we was born miraculously to a virgin mother, and that with the permission of Allah he healed those who were blind as well as lepers. But we strongly reject the view that he ever claimed to be divine or the son of God, or asked to be worship, and neither do we believe that he was crucified.

In Islam we have the '6 articles of faith' - they including in believing all of the Prophets, whether we have heard of them or not, and we believe in the existence of the scriptures they revealed, for example the Torah, the Bible, the Psalms of David and any others from the past we were not told about. We also believe in angels, as well as the Day of Judgement.

Sorry for the essay, lol, but I'll just leave you with an article which will give a nice explanation on the topic:

http://www.islamreligion.com/article...esus-in-islam/

sister herb
06-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Hello to you

Welcome to forum. Hopely this will be informative place to you and helps you in your journey. You can find here many whose came to here with similar questions too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
06-18-2017, 06:55 AM
Hello

Welcome here ; Pl. browse the forum and feel free to take part in the discussions .

eesa the kiwi
06-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Welcome bro

I'm a convert to Islam from Christianity myself and am more than happy to try answer any questions you may have so feel free to pm me

Also have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions. They're quite friendly so do take advantage of them

May Allah guide us all to the path he is pleased with

Erikzen
06-19-2017, 01:18 AM
Thank you for all of the warm welcomes!

Noraina, lol, no worries about the essay! That actually what I'm seeking after! So thank you!

It looks like two of you linked to www.islamreligion.com so I'll start there [emoji51]

Umm Abed
06-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Welcome to Islam!

:iblove:

greenhill
06-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I must say I appreciate your honesty and seeking for answers on your own and coming to terms with the daunting prospect of the available information about islam and not having ay muslims friends to discuss with.

So, seeing as this is your introduction, we shan't discuss what you said here, but perhaps start a different thread for it.

Maybe I'll do that for you..

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Scottish Celt
06-21-2017, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erikzen
Hello everyone!

I'm coming to this forum after a bit of struggle. I was born and raised a Protestant Christian, but over the past 10 years or so have found myself edging more and more into the crisis of faith I find myself in today. Over the past ten years I have bounced from denomination to denomination finding each one to be equally dissatisfying for myself, I'm having a hard time reconciling the teachings and actions of the organizations against what Jesus taught. In fact I don't think I can. I started looking outside of Christianity for answers a couple of years ago, so far to no avail, ultimately, my belief that Jesus is a prophet leaves me in a difficult place. Which is what brings me here. After some reading, I understand that Islam accepts Jesus as a prophet, one of many, and doesn't deify him. I have held off seeking out Islam for a couple of reasons. Primarily, I don't know a single Muslim. So asking questions over lunch isn't a possibility. Secondly, it's a little intimidating as there is so much information out there. That's why I'm here. I want to learn, to see if this is something I can find refuge in, to find guidance in learning - so that I'm reading from credible sources.

Welcome to the site brother,with you believing Jesus' peace be upon him is a prophet you already have one foot in the door,remember this isn't by chance,that you have this feeling,i can relate to you, I came from a Christian background & Christian majority country,but Islam is slowly but surely growing here in'sha'allah, which is good to see,after a lot of research & soul searching I finally converted,i can assure you will have a different more positive outlook on life,just one wee tip please don't be fooled by right wing media propaganda,also if you can find a local Mosque,go there,meet Muslims first hand you will be made to feel very welcome,and IF you do decide its what you want,no rush just go at your own pace

All the best

Hamza Asadullah
06-23-2017, 04:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Erikzen
Hello everyone!

You are most welcome here my brother in humanity. Please feel free to ask us whatever you like.

The following link contains many resources for those looking into Islam:

Free E books for those looking into Islam

Free E Books & Resources on Islam

We look forward to making you part of our little community

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.