/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How will I pray/wudu once I have this operation?

anonymous
06-17-2017, 02:46 AM
I will be having a major operation soon on my face and head. I will not be allowed to shower or have any water in my mouth(not gargle or swish water around),on my face or on my head for 5-6 weeks. I know I can pray in a chair but what about wudu?Just skip wudu as long I do not do anything that would require ghuls?

I would be able to clean my hands, arms, ears, and feet.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
06-19-2017, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I will be having a major operation soon on my face and head. I will not be allowed to shower or have any water in my mouth(not gargle or swish water around),on my face or on my head for 5-6 weeks. I know I can pray in a chair but what about wudu?Just skip wudu as long I do not do anything that would require ghuls?

I would be able to clean my hands, arms, ears, and feet.
:sl:

According to Hanafi fiqh if you are able to wash more than half of your limbs then you should carry on and make Wudu as normal and try to go over the areas you cannot wash with wet palms. If you are unable to do that then leave those areas out and continue washing all of the other areas you are able to wash in Wudu.

If you can only wash less than half the amount of limbs required in Wudu then you can make Tayyamum (dry wudu) in that case.

In your case the only areas you have specified are that you cannot gargle and wash your face. If you are able to put water into your nostrils, wipe your face with a wet palm, do Masah of your head with a wet palm and clean your ears then try your best to do so, but if not the leave those areas until you can clean them and continue with the rest of your Wudu as normal inshaAllah.

Please refer to the following: http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/17028

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.