/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle hits people near London mosque, causing casualties

Singularity
06-19-2017, 03:14 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-ve...003128802.html

Vehicle hits people near London mosque, causing casualties
GREGORY KATZ,Associated Press 22 minutes ago
LONDON (AP) — A vehicle struck pedestrians near a mosque in north London early Monday morning, causing several casualties, police said.

One person has been arrested. The London Ambulance Service says the injured are being taken to hospitals. Eyewitnesses reported seeing police give emergency medical treatment to at least one of the injured.

The Muslim Council tweeted that worshippers were struck by a van as they were leaving prayers at the Finsbury Park mosque. It said its prayers are with the victims.

The neighborhood has two mosques, and several hundred worshippers would have been in the area after attending prayers as part of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

The Finsbury Park mosque was associated with extremist ideology for several years after the 9/11 attacks in the United States but was shut down and reorganized. It has not been associated with radical views for more than a decade.

London police have declared the crash a major incident and closed the area to normal traffic.

Metropolitan Police said officers were called to the scene on Seven Sisters Road at 12:20 a.m. Monday. Many police cars and ambulances responded to the incident.

No other details were immediately available.

Britain's terrorist alert has been set at "severe" meaning an attack is highly likely.

Earlier this month, a van veered into pedestrians on London Bridge, setting off vehicle and knife attacks that killed eight people and wounded many others on the bridge and in the nearby Borough Market area. Three Muslim extremists who carried out the attack were killed by police.

Manchester was also hit by a severe attack when a bomber killed more than 20 people at an Ariana Grande concert.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
06-19-2017, 03:52 AM
And they say WE'RE the threat. May Allah rain his wrath down on EVERY terrorist, Muslim, or non-Muslim.

Singularity
06-19-2017, 11:32 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...hands-of-isis/

An attack on Muslims leaving a mosque in London is exactly what ISIS wanted

By Rick Noack
June 19, 2017 at 5:54 AM

Police officers respond after a vehicle ran over pedestrians in London. (Neil Hall/Reuters)
As London woke up to the news that yet another vehicle had collided with pedestrians in their city early Monday, there were indications that the incident might have been a deliberate, anti-Muslim attack.

The van plowed into a crowd outside two of North London's mosques, leaving one dead and injuring 10 others. “I want to kill more Muslims,” the driver shouted, according to witnesses. London Police Commissioner Cressida Dick said on Monday morning that the incident was “another appalling attack on our city,” and that there was an “ongoing investigation by our Counter Terrorism Command to establish why this attack was carried out.” Additional officers were sent to Muslim places of worship around London early Monday morning.

Even if investigators end up asserting that the incident was not motivated by Islamophobic beliefs, the community’s anger is unlikely to simply disappear. In the early morning hours, social media was already filled with questions about why it took authorities so long to publicly raise the possibility of an anti-Muslim terrorist attack, indicating that any investigation outcome to the contrary would like be met with skepticism.

It is yet another incident in which there is one group which has little to lose, but a lot to gain: the so-called Islamic State.

Some fear that the apparent attack on Monday morning could ultimately play into the hands of extremists, especially if the van driver adhered to right-wing ideology.

Speaking to the Guardian newspaper, 28-year old bystander Hassan Yassin said he feared that the likely attack would only contribute to a cycle of violence. “This will only fuel Muslim extremists to carry out more attacks. They will use that as a justification to carry out more attacks,” he said.

In a handbook released two years ago, authors associated with the Islamic State terrorist group openly hoped for such a scenario to provoke more violence. “When Muslims and Mosques will be attacked by neo-Nazis in protests, Muslims will do counter-protests,” the propaganda book’s authors speculated. There are so far no indications that a neo-Nazi or right-wing sympathizer was behind Monday morning's attack, even though it was a notion which was frequently implied on social media.

“This is how the future Jihad in Europe will begin,” the handbook went on to explain, urging its sympathizers to mix with Muslim protesters to fuel the violence. “People in between will be caught in crossfire and will have to pick sides.”

In other publications, the Islamic State has similarly stated its goal of provoking an anti-Muslim backlash in Western society to attract more sympathizers or recruits. After the January 2015 attacks on the Charlie Hebdo newspaper in Paris, the group explained that the attacks would “compel the Crusaders to actively destroy the gray zone themselves,” referring to an overreaction by governments following large-scale terrorist attacks which could alienate Muslim communities.

Critics have raised the question of whether British Prime Minister Theresa May has fallen into such a trap already. Earlier this month, she promised a tougher counterterrorism approach and pledged to test the limits of legislation. Speaking to the Sun tabloid newspaper ahead of the general elections, May said that “if human rights laws get in the way” of protecting Britain, she would change those laws — comments that raised concerns in some Muslim communities.

Two years ago, ISIS propaganda outlets laid out how the group hoped that more repressive governmental reactions could fuel anti-Muslim hatred among the wider population.

One person has been arrested after a van struck pedestrians outside of Finsbury Park Mosque in London in the early hours of Monday, June 19, leaving several casualties. (Amber Ferguson/The Washington Post)
“Muslims in the West will quickly find themselves between one of two choices, they either apostatize . . . or they [emigrate] to the Islamic State and thereby escape persecution from the Crusader governments and citizens,” the authors of an ISIS-associated propaganda publication wrote at the time.

In the two years since, access routes to the Islamic State’s territory in Syria and Iraq have been mostly closed, leading to a strategy change. The group now encourages its supporters to carry out low-tech but high-impact attacks in their Western home countries instead of risking the journey abroad.

So far, that approach has not had the full impact the Islamic State had hoped for. Contrary to prevalent predictions, far-right parties have undergone a surprising decline. France’s National Front lost this year’s election, whereas the right-wing populist UKIP party has virtually disappeared from Britain's political stage. But whereas ISIS has so far failed to divide Europe's electorate, it has provoked tensions on the more extreme sides of the political spectrum.

In Germany, right-wing arsonists have been blamed for allegedly burning down hundreds of asylum shelters since 2015. The tensions have worried German authorities, who warned last year that anti-refugee sentiments could easily escalate: “Apart from physical harm, one has to reckon with murders,” authorities concluded.

Although it remains unclear whether the London attack was fueled by anti-Muslim ideology, authorities there sought to prevent possible similar tensions Monday morning. Neil Basu, the Senior National Coordinator for Counter Terrorism, said that Londoners should remain united amid what was currently being treated as a terrorist attack.

“Now is a time once again for London to stand together to face those who seek to divide us,” Basu said.

Eric H
06-20-2017, 06:21 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Singularity; and to all my Muslim brothers and sisters,

“Now is a time once again for London to stand together to face those who seek to divide us,” Basu said.
Our thoughts and prayers are for all those injured, innocent people often suffer when people are angry. And when it comes to standing together, we are all created by the same God, and we will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

Ramadan Mubarak

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simple_Person
06-20-2017, 10:14 AM
The first thing about this whole thing i noticed, wasn't killing of a brother/sister. It wasn't the injuring of other brothers/sisters, it wasn't that somebody drove in to them. It wasn't the ethnicity of the terrorist. It was that the Muslims tried to harm this guy.

====Definition of a terrorist=====
an instance or cause of intense fear or anxiety; quality of causing terror
Source used: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/terror
=======================

As Muslims we should not even see this guy as a terrorist. For many other people this might indeed be a terrorist, but we are not scared or fear such people, rather our fear lies with Allah(swt).

Sub'han'Allah what has become of us? Sheytan has been chained, we are almost at the end of ramadan..what have we been doing for the last 20 days of ramadan? Has Ramadan become a celebration and that's it? Have we stopped reflecting? Have we stopped pondering about what Islam is about and what it stands for?

That martyr that died, we all know according to Islamic principles, where he will end or AT LEAST his sins will be carried by this man. So do not worry about him/her.

People in the Middle East or Muslims majority countries that do things like killing innocent souls because he/she was at the wrong place and time as here in the west certain cartoons were made of Rasullah(saws). They have still a "excuse", being uneducated and all. Yet we live in the west and with all the knowledge and understanding at our finger tips, yet we are ourselves blind.

"Here you are - those invited to spend in the cause of Allah - but among you are those who withhold [out of greed]. And whoever withholds only withholds [benefit] from himself; and Allah is the Free of need, while you are the needy. And if you turn away, He will replace you with another people; then they will not be the likes of you." Qur'an 47:38

We the current Muslims are doomed one might even argue. In the west there is nothing that prevents us to gain Islamic knowledge and understanding, yet WE CHOOSE to not pursue it. Based on what do i say this? Look at our behavior in times of chaos. This is a good example.

May Allah make everyone of us that do want to pursue the path of Allah firm in His deen and not be of the people Allah used as an example in the Qur'an. That we follow the religion of our forefather, rather that we follow the religion of Allah(sw) with all the criteria that comes with such followers.

tolpuddle
06-20-2017, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
And they say WE'RE the threat. May Allah rain his wrath down on EVERY terrorist, Muslim, or non-Muslim.
Let's hope that both categories of terrorists repent, and so escape the Almighty's wrath.

Eric H
06-20-2017, 04:40 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Simple_Person;

The first thing about this whole thing i noticed, wasn't killing of a brother/sister. It wasn't the injuring of other brothers/sisters, it wasn't that somebody drove in to them. It wasn't the ethnicity of the terrorist. It was that the Muslims tried to harm this guy.
The Muslims had the right to be angry, and whilst their natural instinct would be to harm the guy, they didn't. They listened to the Imam, and he chose the greater path, this is what Islam has to be about.

Blessings,
Eric

Simple_Person
06-20-2017, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

The Muslims had the right to be angry, and whilst their natural instinct would be to harm the guy, they didn't. They listened to the Imam, and he chose the greater path, this is what Islam has to be about.

Blessings,
Eric

Islam teaches us to go against this "natural instinct" of wanting to retaliate, that is what Islam is about. So that the imam hold them, is rather a sorry thing to even see. The imam indeed knows and understands this, but many Muslims just blindly follow..the religion of their forefathers. We Muslims defend Islam out of pride because it is "our" religion, not because we have become convinced it is the true religion.

Islam is all about intention, so doing Ramadan, praying, doing a good deed, if it is the religion of your forefather, this rather indicates that we miss the direct connected between us and Allah and if all of our good actions and worship will be even counted for the sake of Allah. If we Muslims see it as the religion of our forefathers, well we get exactly that which we intend for..the religion of our forefathers.

I know you mean well, but truth needs to be spoken in the open and the necessary thing needs to be pointed at.

Eric H
06-20-2017, 05:36 PM

Islam teaches us to go against this "natural instinct" of wanting to retaliate, that is what Islam is about.
I fully agree with you, but this level of restraint is incredibly hard to achieve.

So that the imam hold them, is rather a sorry thing to even see.
I have stood in the middle of many angry situations, and people will continue to be angry. First I am impressed with the imam, and secondly, I am impressed that people who had every right to be angry, took any notice of the imam. I do believe this action will have a profound affect on people, they may well look differently at Islam after this event.

The imam indeed knows and understands this, but many Muslims just blindly follow..the religion of their forefathers.
Imams can preach this stuff all the time, but actions often speak louder than words.

Islam is all about intention, so doing Ramadan, praying, doing a good deed,
Agreed, but human nature is weak.

I know you mean well, but truth needs to be spoken in the open and the necessary thing needs to be pointed at.
Thank you.

Blessings

Eric

Simple_Person
06-20-2017, 06:37 PM
@Eric H,

Brother, you have no idea what cultures in the Middle East have gone to. In my own culture, there are cases that family members stopped talking to each other for like 30 years ago, because of a pity fight.

I had a uncle (brother of my father), my mother (widow) with my brother went to his funeral. My cousin had told my brother and mother, that they are not welcome. My own uncle died, while being in a fight with my mother because of something (financial gain) which never even belonged to them in the first place, but somehow he and a aunt of mine counted themselves as rightfully "heirs" to that financial benefit". He died without settling the fight or even seeing that himself was in error.

Or two uncles (brothers of each other) of mine have had a fight for like 10-15 years all because of some piece of land. They are old men. (60 i believe and 50 something)

10-15 years is fairly small, there are some who have stopped talking to each other for like 40-50 years. This is SOOO WIDE spread in the Middle East. Some people have excuses and i say they are entitled to that, if they did not know. However all because of pride and arrogance many do that. During Friday prayer, many times you will hear the imam say brother solve the issue, stop being like that..but it is like talking to a wall. As if that piece of land or that financial gain will help you in your grave.

We Muslims have been preoccupied with the MOST rubbish things one can think of. My own uncle looks down on me, because i do not pursue the goal of money while he LOVES money.

======Hadith=======

Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If the son of Adam had a valley full of gold, he would want to have two valleys. Nothing fills his mouth but the dust of the grave, yet Allah will accept whoever repents to him.”

Source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...ed-of-mankind/
=================

Some people genuinely do not know, but majority just do not care to follow Islamic way of life. I look away when i see a woman, while a family member was trying to be all full of pride saying to me "i will look at her". I have grown tired of Muslims to be honest and indeed for such Muslims Allah will exchange them for a people that DO love Allah, which i believe will be many western people. They are FAR more serious about the things they do and less with pride and all those things. They are direct when speaking the truth and are not sarcastic with everything they say and do. Genuine people and i even wish them the guidance more than many arrogant people in the Middle East.

sister herb
06-21-2017, 08:26 AM
In this world of terrorism and hit-back-terrorism I stopped to think the words of the Finnish Bishop. At the last weekend here in Finland police prevented possible attempt to hit the popular church and Bishop said about it:

"The threat of terrorism sounds bad, but we should hear the global injustice is shouting with it by a loud voice."

Bobbyflay23
06-21-2017, 08:42 AM
https://youtu.be/lP3d5nL3njU
In this video it shows people at the scene of the attack and it exposes the media because this was basically a terrorist attack on Muslims and then the media changes it up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.