/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help to learn how to read Arabic again

SuperGarlicNaan
06-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Assalamualaikum my brothers and sisters.

Long story short I was an extremely fluent reader of Arabic and I actually used to study Hifz which I could not complete due to financial reasons a very long time ago.

Fast forward 15 years of pretty useless (but at the time extremely necessary to pay family debts and feed the family) Western education and career, coming to terms with my mental condition of Low Latent Inhibition here I am 30 yrs old looking at Arabic text and vaguely being able to remember the letters.

I know the knowledge is all still there since I remember how to read namaaz, I remember most of the surahs I learned etc so I need a refresher course which I will be taking starting in September at a local madrassah.

I literally came to this decision today and picked up a Qaidaah to test my Arabic reading ability. It seemed a little alien after all these years but there are still huge signs of familiarity and once I saw the Arabic texts for surahs that I'm well versed in I immediately started to recognise the Arabic letters, punctuation etc. So I really do just need a short refresher course to get the brain recognising the patterns and I know I'll be a fluent reader of Arabic once again.

Since I suffer from Low Latent Inhibition for those who know and those who don't know...I completely function on patterns, design, logic, deeper meaning etc. All these pros mean I'm able to learn anything very quickly. There's also huge cons to LLI but I tend to ignore them these days.

My question is do any of you brothers or sisters know of any books that are specifically made for people like myself or of any books that will be a great help to me? I will appreciate any advice, suggestions and feedback I can get.

I made the decision to dedicate the rest of my days to Allah SWT and I hope I can be forgiven for neglecting my duties as a Muslim all these years.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
06-21-2017, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SuperGarlicNaan
Assalamualaikum my brothers and sisters.

Long story short I was an extremely fluent reader of Arabic and I actually used to study Hifz which I could not complete due to financial reasons a very long time ago.

Fast forward 15 years of pretty useless (but at the time extremely necessary to pay family debts and feed the family) Western education and career, coming to terms with my mental condition of Low Latent Inhibition here I am 30 yrs old looking at Arabic text and vaguely being able to remember the letters.

I know the knowledge is all still there since I remember how to read namaaz, I remember most of the surahs I learned etc so I need a refresher course which I will be taking starting in September at a local madrassah.

I literally came to this decision today and picked up a Qaidaah to test my Arabic reading ability. It seemed a little alien after all these years but there are still huge signs of familiarity and once I saw the Arabic texts for surahs that I'm well versed in I immediately started to recognise the Arabic letters, punctuation etc. So I really do just need a short refresher course to get the brain recognising the patterns and I know I'll be a fluent reader of Arabic once again.

Since I suffer from Low Latent Inhibition for those who know and those who don't know...I completely function on patterns, design, logic, deeper meaning etc. All these pros mean I'm able to learn anything very quickly. There's also huge cons to LLI but I tend to ignore them these days.

My question is do any of you brothers or sisters know of any books that are specifically made for people like myself or of any books that will be a great help to me? I will appreciate any advice, suggestions and feedback I can get.

I made the decision to dedicate the rest of my days to Allah SWT and I hope I can be forgiven for neglecting my duties as a Muslim all these years.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I have joined an online Arabic course with the Shariahprogram by Mufti Yusuf Mullan of Toronto and also looking to start in September/October inshaAllah. Once you buy the program you have it for life. Everytime he updates his programme then you get the updates too. He also mentions the use of patterns, repetitions etc in the way you learn, so it will be right up our street inshaAllah.

This way you will never forget what you have learnt as you have the program to go over what you have learnt over and over whenever you want. It is revolutionary and always improving. He also sends books along with the program. Look it up for yourself and you can also ask him whatever questions you may have about the program.

http://www.shariahprogram.ca/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.