/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wishing all Happy Eid Mubarak

greenhill
06-24-2017, 08:13 AM
A few years ago (before I joined this site) I remember there was one year that we all somehow celebrated Eid on different days. People across the border had it one day earlier and people this side of the border having it a day later.. It made me wonder what moon was sighted or not sighted? Surely it would have been the same as we all share the same earth and looked at the same moon ...

In Malaysia, it seems very likely that w will be celebrating it on Sunday. For those who will be celebrating it on Sunday, (or Monday) here's wishing you a great and blessed time.

:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
06-24-2017, 08:37 AM
May your prayers and fasting be blessed.
May the Blessings of ALLAH fill your
Life with happiness and open all doors of
Success now and always…..

“Wishing you all a very Happy EID MUBARAK”

sister herb
06-24-2017, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
A few years ago (before I joined this site) I remember there was one year that we all somehow celebrated Eid on different days. People across the border had it one day earlier and people this side of the border having it a day later.. It made me wonder what moon was sighted or not sighted? Surely it would have been the same as we all share the same earth and looked at the same moon ...

In Malaysia, it seems very likely that w will be celebrating it on Sunday. For those who will be celebrating it on Sunday, (or Monday) here's wishing you a great and blessed time.

:peace:
As I remember, this change of starting of Ramadan and eid, it´s because of different methods to observe the moon.

Here eid is at Sunday.

Have a blessed eid to everyone.

anatolian
06-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Eid mubarak!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
intruiged2017
06-24-2017, 10:03 AM
Can somebody please explain this verse from the quran

2:106

Thanks in Advance

new2010
06-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Assalamualaikum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatuhu

Ruling on offering congratulations for Eid before it begins

format_quote Originally Posted by https://islamqa.info/en/192665
[...]What appears to be the case from the actions of the Sahaabah and what has been narrated from them is that offering congratulations for Eid should come after the Eid prayer. So if a person limits it to that, that is good, as it is following the example of the Companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). But if he offers such congratulations before that, to be the first to give this greeting to his friend, it seems that there is nothing wrong with that, because offering congratulations for Eid comes under the heading of customs and traditions, and such matters are broad in scope and should be referred to the customs that are prevalent among the people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.