/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible to major in music to make nasheeds?

Mustafa16
06-24-2017, 12:16 PM
Is it permissible to major in music at the university level to make nasheeds or work in the production of nasheeds? or to become a professor and teach and do research?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
06-24-2017, 01:23 PM

shafat10
06-25-2017, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
Is it permissible to major in music at the university level to make nasheeds or work in the production of nasheeds? or to become a professor and teach and do research?
It is preferable that you don't do it. It is not permissible to obtain something Halal by following a Haram path that leads to it. Like you cannot be in a living relationship with a boy/girl and then say "am just trying if it works out, then I will marry". So Haram activities ultimately leading to Halal ways is not possible. It is rather preferable that you study something else, and later consider learning Nasheed, should you want. Why don't you study about something more important like Sharia or the like rather than Nasheed? If you are interested in learning Islam, then Islamic Studies / subjects leading to Islam will be helpful rather than Nasheed. Hope this helps.

Mustafa16
06-25-2017, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shafat10
It is preferable that you don't do it. It is not permissible to obtain something Halal by following a Haram path that leads to it. Like you cannot be in a living relationship with a boy/girl and then say "am just trying if it works out, then I will marry". So Haram activities ultimately leading to Halal ways is not possible. It is rather preferable that you study something else, and later consider learning Nasheed, should you want. Why don't you study about something more important like Sharia or the like rather than Nasheed? If you are interested in learning Islam, then Islamic Studies / subjects leading to Islam will be helpful rather than Nasheed. Hope this helps.
sadly it was my dream to study sharia at an Islamic university, we have some here where I live, but my mother didn't let me, saying, "first study at regular university, and then study at Islamic university." and ever since around that time my enthusiasm has decreased, especially due to low imaan. Also, the main one here requires you to study full time the first year, and I don't have any money saved up cause ive never had a job. so im going to regular university after this summer. anyway, eid mubarak to you, brother! P.S. I'll take your advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.