/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I started a driver's ed class

Mustafa16
06-27-2017, 07:23 PM
I started a driver's ed class. I got my permit a few weeks ago, after failing the first time I took the exam. Then I practiced driving with my mother in the car, but I accidentially crashed her car into the side of the parking lot. so im going to a 32 1/2 hours class (6 1/2 hours a day) and taking practice driving with an instructor. wish me luck! i hope this new found independence will help me becoming a more independent, responsible adult.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-27-2017, 07:25 PM
Good luck to you.

greenhill
06-28-2017, 06:27 AM
Nothing beats time spent behind the wheel to get familiar!

So are you learning the drive manual or automatic transmission?

:peace:

Mustafa16
06-28-2017, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Nothing beats time spent behind the wheel to get familiar!

So are you learning the drive manual or automatic transmission?

automatic transmission. that's more common in my country, the USA. what's more familiar in Malaysia, brother @greenhill ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
06-28-2017, 08:42 AM
It used to be manual as the main test, now I am not so sure... it has been over 30 years since I took mine.

Mustafa16
06-28-2017, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
It used to be manual as the main test, now I am not so sure... it has been over 30 years since I took mine.

wow, youre much older than me :)

ardianto
06-28-2017, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
automatic transmission.
Actually it's better if learn to drive start from manual transmission car. It's because if you start from manual car, you will be easily can drive automatic car. However, if you start from automatic car, then you need to learn more techniques before you can drive manual car well.

If you already learn to drive on automatic car, it's okay. Now focus on controlling the car. But I really you suggest to learn manual car later. It's because in the future probably you will face a situation which you must drive a car that not yours, and this car might be manual. In example, you and your friend go on his car, but then your friend suddenly sick and you need to bring him to doctor quickly.

I myself prefer manual car because it gives me full control on transmission that very useful in certain road condition.

Serinity
06-28-2017, 03:10 PM
:salam:

Although I have not taken my driver's license / test / education yet. I'd go with manual then to automatic. My opinion is that learning how to drive a manual AND an automatic should be a requirement already.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Mustafa16
06-30-2017, 07:38 PM
I passed the written portion of the exam, and the classes are finished. Now I have the practice driving left, which is 2 hours a day, for 3-5 days.

sister herb
06-30-2017, 08:10 PM
Congratulations. Drive carefully. We like to keep you here in one piece, little brother. :D

Amor101
07-01-2017, 01:06 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

Avoid highways since you're a new driver. Smaller roads are safer.

Reminder
07-01-2017, 03:13 AM
Driving is very serious. Your vehicle is a very fast moving object which will easily kill anyone it touches if you are not paying attention. Good luck with your course.

Mustafa16
07-01-2017, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amor101
Assalamu Alaykum

Avoid highways since you're a new driver. Smaller roads are safer.
I'm starting university, but starting at two year school, which is in my city. However, once I start 4 year school in 1-2 years, I'll need to ride the highway to a nearby city in my metro area (about half an hour away), to ride public transportation to the downtown campus.

Amor101
07-01-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm starting university, but starting at two year school, which is in my city. However, once I start 4 year school in 1-2 years, I'll need to ride the highway to a nearby city in my metro area (about half an hour away), to ride public transportation to the downtown campus.
May Allah grant you success in the best years of your life. Since you are growing into adulthood, be very careful with how you spend money. Do not sign too many loans borrowing money. This will get you into high debt. A 5.ooo dollar car is in a pretty good condition. Paying it off out of pocket would be the best. Do not get credit cards and the like. This is a big no-no. Be very, very wise with money. Before we go to hajj, we must not have any debts.

As for driving on highway, get someone to be with you when driving there. Do not swich lanes a lot becuase there might always be someone texting and not paying attention.

Mustafa16
07-01-2017, 05:49 PM
May Allah grant you success in the best years of your life. Since you are growing into adulthood, be very careful with how you spend money. Do not sign too many loans borrowing money. This will get you into high debt. A 5.ooo dollar car is in a pretty good condition. Paying it off out of pocket would be the best. Do not get credit cards and the like. This is a big no-no. Be very, very wise with money. Before we go to hajj, we must not have any debts.

As for driving on highway, get someone to be with you when driving there. Do not swich lanes a lot because there might always be someone texting and not paying attention.
Thank you :) I don't know anyone else going there (to that particular university) in my jamaat other than a girl two years older than me. Not modest, and not logical, since she will be graduating by that time. Also, I can't buy my own car, as I don't have a job yet. My mother will likely purchase my car, and she'll likely do it with riba considering she won't isn't as religious. I try advising her, but she won't listen. I don't have any ties to other Muslim groups in my community. I don't have any friends, and I don't want to bother anyone with having to come with me to the university 2-3 days a week, twice a day. I'll just have to practice for 1-2 years, and THEN go on the highway. But ill be extra careful.

Amor101
07-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Thank you :) I don't know anyone else going there (to that particular university) in my jamaat other than a girl two years older than me. Not modest, and not logical, since she will be graduating by that time. Also, I can't buy my own car, as I don't have a job yet. My mother will likely purchase my car, and she'll likely do it with riba considering she won't isn't as religious. I try advising her, but she won't listen. I don't have any ties to other Muslim groups in my community. I don't have any friends, and I don't want to bother anyone with having to come with me to the university 2-3 days a week, twice a day. I'll just have to practice for 1-2 years, and THEN go on the highway. But ill be extra careful.
Thank you for sharing your personal life. My family is not practicing either. Because most families are compulsive and authoritarian, I rather would advise you keep your Islamic practices a secret and not tell them your motives when you are to so something Islamic.Just tell them, O, I want a payed off car because I do not want to fall into debt.

I can't buy my own car, as I don't have a job yet.
You can wait and work after you finish school. Do not go into private school since those are way, way more expensive than public schools. Also, if you are low income, financial aid or pell grant will give you a gift of 5,800 dollars each year for your education. Since community college is just around 3000 a year, they gift you the rest of the money. But if you are going into university, make sure it is public. I think your school will manage to pay it all off with a pell grant. Do you have any other scholarships?

My mother will likely purchase my car, and she'll likely do it with riba considering she won't isn't as religious. I try advising her, but she won't listen.
Just you do not sign anything. You are not sinful if she purchases the car.

You see, public university is around 6,ooo dollars a year while a private is around 36,000 to 46,000 for 2 years

Pell grant is halal. All you need is 300 more dollars pr a payed of tuition.

Let me know if you need to get a job.

InshaAllah when you graduate college, drive and work you can get in touch with Islamic communities, then go to madrasah. You are young and can become talented in life.

Mustafa16
07-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Thank you for sharing your personal life. My family is not practicing either. Because most families are compulsive and authoritarian, I rather would advise you keep your Islamic practices a secret and not tell them your motives when you are to so something Islamic.Just tell them, O, I want a payed off car because I do not want to fall into debt.

You can wait and work after you finish school. Do not go into private school since those are way, way more expensive than public schools. Also, if you are low income, financial aid or pell grant will give you a gift of 5,800 dollars each year for your education. Since community college is just around 3000 a year, they gift you the rest of the money. But if you are going into university, make sure it is public. I think your school will manage to pay it all off with a pell grant. Do you have any other scholarships?

Just you do not sign anything. You are not sinful if she purchases the car.

You see, public university is around 6,ooo dollars a year while a private is around 36,000 to 46,000 for 2 years

Pell grant is halal. All you need is 300 more dollars pr a payed of tuition.

Let me know if you need to get a job.

InshaAllah when you graduate college, drive and work you can get in touch with Islamic communities, then go to madrasah. You are young and can become talented in life.
Thank you, sister. I am already going to community college (a community college which the main university bought) for the first year or two years to save money, and meanwhile I can reapply for a scholarship known as the HOPE scholarship or a scholarship known as the Zell Miller Scholarship. I already have 3500 dollars in subsidized, non interest-for-first-6 months after graduation financial aid, and 2000 dollars in federal government loans based off interest. Ill use this to fund my first year of community college. I am also entering work soon inshaAllah, and HOPE pays for 81 percent of tuition and Zell Miller 100 percent. The total tuition+ fees and books for my university is around 10,000 a year at the 4 year campus, but much less at community college. I also hope my job will help pay for what scholarships don't. I'm staying with my mother until I get married, or until I get a full time job, to save money. I have no desire to enter mainstream Islamic communities as most of them, especially in my country (The US) are in full support of Firaun Erdogan of my parent's home country, which has persecuted my jamaat (Gulen movement) under false accusations. (Gulen ordered coup through CIA, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_T...%A9tat_attempt despite reports of officers being raped in prison and forced to confess under torture. Gulen works for CIA, we killed hrant dink (he was killed by ultra nationalists for speaking about armenian genocide allegations in an effort tok reconcile turks and armenians when he was armenian), we did all these terror attacks, we tried to take over government through this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_c...ndal_in_Turkey
we trained PKK, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdis...rkers%27_Party Gulen is jewish, gulen is freemason, gulen is zionist, etc.
As a result, we get this: https://turkeypurge.com/

and this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E...rges_in_Turkey
I am thoroughly disgusted by the American Muslim community, with some exceptions, for this reason. Their blind support of political Islam and the Muslim brotherhood to the point of disregarding human rights and the rule of law, is disgusting.

EDIT: I am also worried about entering mainstream Islamic groups due to my shyness, my autism, and my fear of meeting extremists.
EDIT: firaun erdogan has also caused bloodshed in syria and iraq and nigeria, through funding of terror groups like isis and al qaeda, and through sectarian policy. he has also targeted kurds, read on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdis...%80%93present) and he has made turkey one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to corruption and lack of freedom of speech.

Amor101
07-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I am already going to community college (a community college which the main university bought) for the first year or two years to save money
MashaAllah

I already have 3500 dollars in subsidized, non interest-for-first-6 months after graduation financial aid, and 2000 dollars in federal government loans based off interest. Ill use this to fund my first year of community college.
Do you qualify for pell grant? The way I understood you: community college is charging you 5,500 a year?

I am also entering work soon inshaAllah, and HOPE pays for 81 percent of tuition and Zell Miller 100 percent. The total tuition+ fees and books for my university is around 10,000 a year at the 4 year campus, but much less at community college. I also hope my job will help pay for what scholarships don't.
InshaAllah you finish your school.

I'm staying with my mother until I get married, or until I get a full time job, to save money. I have no desire to enter mainstream Islamic communities as most of them, especially in my country (The US) are in full support of Firaun Erdogan of my parent's home country, which has persecuted my jamaat
Do not get married to common, mainstream girl. InshAllah with an A.S. or B.S. degree you can get a job in Saudia Arabia and a work visa to live there. You have a clean past and you are young. You can get married to a practicing niqabi or burqa in KSA.

I live in Florida and we do have a large Muslim community in Tampa with enormous masjids. They are very rish up there. alhamdulillah

I am also worried about entering mainstream Islamic groups due to my shyness, my autism, and my fear of meeting extremists.
You see, Saudia Arabia is a most conservative Muslim country, and no scholar over there believes in extremism or that God in anything like a human in anger or anything else. It is just the media. I am sure your Muslim community is not extremists. However, people who do not follow all Islamic practices are looked down upon and masjids and communities that do not practice all Islamic practices are really not upon the way of the prophet.

Here is a masjid in New York and a forum: http://www.albaseerah.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Don't be shy. You have a clean past and are young. InshaAllah you succeed in life

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.