/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lower level Anatomy and Physiology course

Amor101
06-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

I started going back to school and I hit on a weed out course which is Anatomy and Physiology. I failed it. To enter any health related field we must have Anatomy and Physiology.

I thought my option was another health care field. There is Health Information Technology. It required a lower level Anatomy course. There are 4 levels of Anatomy course. I am planning to take the lowest level so as to learn and then take the 2nd level anatomy course.

Are there lower level Anatomy courses easier? Does anyone have information on them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Walaikum asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Amor101
Assalamu Alaykum

I started going back to school and I hit on a weed out course which is Anatomy and Physiology. I failed it. To enter any health related field we must have Anatomy and Physiology.

I thought my option was another health care field. There is Health Information Technology. It required a lower level Anatomy course. There are 4 levels of Anatomy course. I am planning to take the lowest level so as to learn and then take the 2nd level anatomy course.

Are there lower level Anatomy courses easier? Does anyone have information on them?
A&P requires a lot of memorization of body parts, functions, and understanding how they relate to each other. THere are a lot of resources out there that are helpful. Also, just because you fail a course doesn't mean you can't continue in your major. Just study harder and retake it. The health field courses move quickly and can be stressful at times, so it all depends on how much work you are willing to put into it in the end. Some health fields are more stressful than others of course, but find something that is suitable for you and your future goals. I don't know about the different levels, are you in the US? I would assume that the lowest level would be an introductory course of the body. Not knowing the simple anatomic functions and parts such as the parts of a cell and their functions, the different types of muscles, the names of bones, etc would make a higher level anatomy course difficult.

Amor101
06-28-2017, 03:35 PM
:sl:

Thank you so much my sister :) When I took the course, there was no study guide or review sheet and each test is on 5 chapters. We can't memorize all 5 chapters. I assume we have to understand it all....

Yes, I am in the U.S. Florida. I really want a degree to get a job. :)

Teacher
07-10-2017, 05:52 PM
:salam:

When i was contemplating going into healthcare, I had to take the same class before the start of the program. I took it online, ordered the book and read each chapter for the weakly quizzes. We also had to memorize all the muscles and bones. I aced that class, maybe it seemed easy since i had done that stuff in HS biology class. I may still have notes for it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
07-13-2017, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amor101
Thank you so much my sister When I took the course, there was no study guide or review sheet and each test is on 5 chapters. We can't memorize all 5 chapters. I assume we have to understand it all....

Yes, I am in the U.S. Florida. I really want a degree to get a job.
Usually the syllabus tells you what you should focus on. Other than that, perhaps the teacher simply sucked lol. Sometimes that happens. I suggest you find a similar course with a different teacher, or you can study the course on your own and then transition into the university course. Most health courses will require you understand several chapters for a single exam. Your uni should also have resources available such as tutoring or study groups which you can participate in. They sometimes even have their own forums via the uni software used to post grades. May Allah make things easy on you ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.