/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Hello!

L a n a
07-04-2017, 06:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Alana, but most just call me Lana.

I'm a non-muslim American girl (first-generation, Jamaican parents ayyeee) and I decided to join this board because I realized that I know almost nothing about Islam or what Muslims believe. And if there's one thing I absolutely refuse to be, it's a person who chooses to be willfully ignorant about the many different people, cultures and religions that exist here on Earth. So, I figured that it couldn't hurt to join this board and engage with Muslims here on this site and gain insight into the many different points of views on life that people adhere to, whether or not I share these views or not.

Anyways, I hope to be welcomed and enjoy my time here!

P.s: In case anyone was wondering, my username is a play on my name, and also the fact that my favorite singer is Lana Del Rey :love::love::love:.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
07-04-2017, 06:50 AM
Hello to you

Welcome to forum. Hopely you will enjoy your time in here, find a lot of information and have nice discussions. Have a nice day to you.

L a n a
07-04-2017, 06:53 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome sister herb.

eesa the kiwi
07-04-2017, 07:33 AM
Welcome, inshaAllah your stay here will be beneficial

Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com

They have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuhammadHamza1
07-04-2017, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lana_Del_Bae
Hi Everyone,

I'm a non-muslim American girl (first-generation, Jamaican parents ayyeee) and I decided to join this board because I realized that I know almost nothing about Islam or what Muslims believe. And if there's one thing I absolutely refuse to be, it's a person who chooses to be willfully ignorant about the many different people, cultures and religions that exist here on Earth. So, I figured that it couldn't hurt to join this board and engage with Muslims here on this site and gain insight into the many different points of views on life that people adhere to, whether or not I share these views or not.

P.s: In case anyone was wondering, my username is a play on my name, and also the fact that my favorite singer is Lana Del Rey :love::love::love:.
Very warm welcome to you.
Since you want learn about Islam,
You can look at the posts that I Started to learn about some of the controversial issues of Islam that I explained.
Have a nice stay .[emoji4]

greenhill
07-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You can already go through the archives and read any topics you find interesting. Some will be very long with many posts, some short. You can post your queries or comments there.

You might get a bit confused with so many topics and stuff. Even for muslims themselves, it is a lifetime of learning.

I hope you will like it and wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Insaanah
07-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Hello there, and a warm welcome to the forum.

It's really helpful that you've stated what encouraged you to join.

This is a friendly, welcoming, helpful community, that's not too large and not too small - just right, as it happens!

This is the briefest that I've managed to summarise the core Islamic beliefs. It doesn't do justice at all, but in a few sentences might give a tiny glimpse:

If you came across a wooden table and chair in the middle of a forest, you would know that someone had come along, sawn the right sized pieces of wood off the trees, shaped them, joined them together etc to make the table and chair in front of you. I'm sure you wouldn't conclude that the right sized pieces had sawn themselves off the trees and joined themselves together to make a table and chairs.

So we believe, that this intricate universe, has an all-Powerful Creator, and we don't believe that the universe came about by coincidence or by chance or by some random happening.

That Creator, periodically sent human messengers to mankind, to guide mankind as to how they should live, to be role-models, to give good news, to warn mankind against wrong doing, and to tell humans that they'll be brought to account on judgement day, and to show people how they should worship God the Creator, who is the Only One deserving of all worship, and has no associates in His Exclusive Divinity.

As a brief foundation, we believe in, submit to, and worship, the One True God and Lord, the Creator, who has no sons, no associates in His Exclusive Divinity whatsoever, and obey the guidance of the prophets and messengers He sent, the last of whom is Muhammad (peace and blessings be on him). Since the scripture given to him (the Qur'an) is the only one preserved, and the Prophet's example is preserved, we must follow him and the book given to him by God. We believe that mankind will be brought to account on Judgement day.

Islam tell us the purpose of our existence, why we are here, tells us who our Creator is, and gives us untampered guidance and instructions on how our Creator wants us to live and worship Him, in order that we can attain peace within ourselves, in communities, and also in order to help us achieve salvation in the hereafter.

http://leafletonislam.blogspot.co.uk/

Please feel free to browse, interact, and ask any questions you might have.

Peace.

L a n a
07-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Cool, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

Serinity
07-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Hello,

Welcome to Islamicboard. I hope you have a pleasant stay.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

L a n a
07-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Thanks Serinity.

Hamza Asadullah
07-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Welcome dear sister we hope you have an enlightening experience here. Please feel free to ask whatever you like. Make yourself comfortable and do let us know if you need anything at all.

L a n a
07-04-2017, 10:35 PM
@Hamza Asadullah Thank you for the welcome. I'll be sure to ask any questions if I'm ever curious about anything.

Zafran
07-05-2017, 02:16 AM
welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay.

STN
07-06-2017, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lana_Del_Bae
Hi Everyone,

Assalam-u-Alaikum (peace be upon you) Sister

I love Lana Del Rey too :)). Welcome to this board, i am new here too but not new to Islam SubhanAllah.

I think you will find that what you have heard about Islam from media is not true and you will be pleasantly surprised when you find what Islam is really about inshaAllah!

L a n a
07-06-2017, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by STN
Assalam-u-Alaikum (peace be upon you) Sister

I love Lana Del Rey too :)). Welcome to this board, i am new here too but not new to Islam SubhanAllah.

I think you will find that what you have heard about Islam from media is not true and you will be pleasantly surprised when you find what Islam is really about inshaAllah!
Hi fellow newbie!
Trust me, as a black girl (minority) in America, I know to take anything the media says about any particular group of people with a grain of salt.

RisingLight
10-12-2017, 01:14 AM
Salam Alaikum we rahmetullah :) I know am late but Welcome to the forum . Have a great time here :)

L a n a
10-12-2017, 02:48 AM
Aww, thanks for the welcome!!

new2010
10-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Hey L a n a,

may I ask how you find out about this forum? Otherwise, good attitude. It's always better to do research, than taking from unknown resources. Wish you a beneficial stay here..., welcome.

L a n a
10-13-2017, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Hey L a n a,

may I ask how you find out about this forum? Otherwise, good attitude. It's always better to do research, than taking from unknown resources. Wish you a beneficial stay here..., welcome.
Thank you for the welcome new2010.

I have an account on a Christian forum where I go on and talk to people about all types of topics and stuff. Then, I realized that it would probably be interesting to do the same on an islamic forum, especially since I don't actually know any muslims in my personal life. This site caught my attention, so I joined!

NewMuslima
10-13-2017, 01:30 PM
What is your religion

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!