/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I fast tomorrow?

anonymous
07-05-2017, 12:22 PM
salam

I want to start fasting tomorrow the 6 days of shawaal In sha Allah. But I haven't yet fasted the days I missed in Ramadan due to menstrauation. Can I fast the 6 days of shawaal before I make up my missed fasts in Ramadan?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
07-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Make up your missed fasts of Ramadan.

anonymous
07-05-2017, 03:02 PM
I prefer not to make up the missed days of Ramadan just yet because I want to fast them later when I have time to do more Ibadah. Will my fast be valid for 6 days of shawaal if I fast them before making up my missed fasts for Ramadan?

Hamza Asadullah
07-05-2017, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salam

I want to start fasting tomorrow the 6 days of shawaal In sha Allah. But I haven't yet fasted the days I missed in Ramadan due to menstrauation. Can I fast the 6 days of shawaal before I make up my missed fasts in Ramadan?
According to Hanafi fiqh:

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

The fasts of Shawwal are mustahab. They mayt be kept at any time during the month of Shawwal. A woman who missed her fasts of Ramadan may make up (qaza) for them in Shawwal or anytime during the year besides the two Eids and the 11th, 12th and 13th of Zilhajj. She may keep the six fasts and then make up (qaza) for the fasts of Ramadan.

And Allah knows best

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/1308

Please note: To delay qadha fast due to menses in order to fast the 6 fasts of shawwal first is the position of the Hanafi, Maliki and Shafi'i Madhab but not Hanbali.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
07-05-2017, 06:06 PM
:salam:

Fasting six days of Shawwaal is dependent upon having completed the Ramadaan fast, according to the correct view. This is indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever fasts Ramadaan then follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted a lifetime.” Narrated by Muslim, 1164.

more at https://islamqa.info/en/40389

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.