/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does shaitan means (is it a jinn?)

Elcocaloca
07-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Peace be upon everyone here!

In this topic I'd like to discuss a very unusual topic on meaning of the word shaitan. If you google this question you find out that many web sites describe shaitan as "bad jinn" the one that possess evil. So it's common definition of that word is that shaitan is a jinn that makes bad things to people. A little diversion: when God Almighty created Adam(peace be upon him) He teached him a words, so it's really necessary to understand the meaning of words in a right way, every muslim should keep in mind this, misunderstanding brings ignorance. Ok, now back to the topic. In almost 80% of source you will find that shaitan means evil jinn.

"And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils (shaitans) from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent." 6:112

So we clearly see from this ayah that there are devils from human kind. As we know human composed from: soul, as God Almighty describe: a soul is something that you know little about; Next is spirit or in arabic "ruh" which is a divine energy, which in human like a wind blowing in sails; and the last is entity or in arabic "nafs" which in my opinion is a manifestation of clay in a human being; Consciousness is a point of non-identy (Process of witnessing that you is you and everything else is not you);May be we can also add here heart. So, going back to the topic, how do you think what is a shaitan, how we can give it a proper definition, because it can be a sort of appearance: like deprivated soul, or a human in which nafs took control of the spirit, a person with a sick corrupted heart?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amor101
07-07-2017, 12:16 AM
So we clearly see from this ayah that there are devils from human kind.
What? Assalamu Alaykum

To preserve our religion to next generations, so as not to change it and invent new things into it, we have to only follow what the Qur'an and the sunna teaches us about jinn and shaytan. I have to go into aqeedah and find out what we are taught about shaytan and jinn.

P.S. Make sure the resources are reliable.

ardianto
07-07-2017, 12:17 AM
:salam:

Shaytan and human are two different creatures which cannot mutually transformed phisicaly. So, the term "shaytan in human form" actually does refer to human who their heart and mind have been affected by shaytan, and act like shaytan, always try to mislead people to far from Allah and commit sins. Maybe you have ever seen shaytan in human form like this too.

Can we turn into shaytan in human form?. Yes !, ... if we have lost our iman and far from Allah. So, always fill our hearts with iman.

:)

Amor101
07-07-2017, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:salam:

Shaytan and human are two different creatures which cannot mutually transformed phisicaly. So, the term "shaytan in human form" actually does refer to human who their heart and mind have been affected by shaytan, and act like shaytan, always try to mislead people to far from Allah and commit sins. Maybe you have ever seen shaytan in human form like this too.

Can we turn into shaytan in human form?. Yes !, ... if we have lost our iman and far from Allah. So, always fill our hearts with iman.

:)
Where do you get the underlined from? I think I missed it from book of eman. I know Melek can turn into a human, but not the shaytan or jinn....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-07-2017, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amor101
Where do you get the underlined from? I think I missed it from book of eman. I know Melek can turn into a human, but not the shaytan or jinn....
If you read the previous paragraph you will understand that the term "shaytan in human form" is not literally. But this term refer to human who act like shaytan, always try to mislead other human.

Since I was kid my Islamic teachers have taught about it.

Elcocaloca
07-07-2017, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amor101
What? Assalamu Alaykum

To preserve our religion to next generations, so as not to change it and invent new things into it, we have to only follow what the Qur'an and the sunna teaches us about jinn and shaytan. I have to go into aqeedah and find out what we are taught about shaytan and jinn.

P.S. Make sure the resources are reliable.
I'm not changing anything in religion, I'm not able to, God protects it. But nobody put an obligation on me that I should not make a revision of what different islamic schoolars and other muslims were teaching. Because Quran is for those who not just read but also think about what they read.

SO.

Clearly this verse of Qurans says:
"And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils (shaitans) from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent."

It's written clear: devils from mankind and jinn.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all give a proper linguistic definition to word shaitan if you want to understand the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'd like to remind you that Iblees was a very devotional jinn before Adam (peace be upon him) was created and Iblees refused to give him respect. Correct me if I'm wrong but Ibless was never referred as a shaitan before that situation with Adam happend. So is being shaitan not a kind of creatuare but kind of state of soul or state of energy inside the creature? it looks more like a kind of appearance.

Grandad
07-07-2017, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Elcocaloca
Peace be upon everyone here!

In this topic I'd like to discuss a very unusual topic on meaning of the word shaitan. If you google this question you find out that many web sites describe shaitan as "bad jinn" the one that possess evil. So it's common definition of that word is that shaitan is a jinn that makes bad things to people. A little diversion: when God Almighty created Adam(peace be upon him) He teached him a words, so it's really necessary to understand the meaning of words in a right way, every muslim should keep in mind this, misunderstanding brings ignorance. Ok, now back to the topic. In almost 80% of source you will find that shaitan means evil jinn.

"And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils (shaitans) from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in delusion. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent." 6:112

So we clearly see from this ayah that there are devils from human kind. As we know human composed from: soul, as God Almighty describe: a soul is something that you know little about; Next is spirit or in arabic "ruh" which is a divine energy, which in human like a wind blowing in sails; and the last is entity or in arabic "nafs" which in my opinion is a manifestation of clay in a human being; Consciousness is a point of non-identy (Process of witnessing that you is you and everything else is not you);May be we can also add here heart. So, going back to the topic, how do you think what is a shaitan, how we can give it a proper definition, because it can be a sort of appearance: like deprivated soul, or a human in which nafs took control of the spirit, a person with a sick corrupted heart?
As-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi wa Barakātuhu, brother.

The jinn are a species in their own right. They are not fallen angels, and have free will. Some are evil, and some are not: ‘Say (Prophet): “It has been revealed to me that a group of jinn once listened in and said, “We have heard a wondrous Qur’an, that gives guidance to the right path, and we have come to believe it…….Some of us are righteous and others less so: we follow different paths……………Some of us submit to Him and others go the wrong way: those who submit to Allāh have found wise guidance, but those who go wrong will be fuel for Hellfire.” ’ (Al-Jinn: verses 1; 2; 11; 14; 15).

Jinn are said to be more knowledgeable than humans; nevertheless they cannot see all ends. Certainly, they are not immune to foolishness: ‘Outrageous things have been said about Allāh by the foolish among us…..’ (Al-Jinn: verse 4).

They are said to possess a greater awareness of Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) than we do. This did not prevent Iblis from refusing to obey his Lord when commanded to bow to Adam (ʿalayhi as-salām):

‘We created man out of dried clay formed from dark mud - the jinn We created before, from the fire of scorching wind. Your Lord said to the angels: “I will create a mortal out of dried clay, formed from dark mud. When I have fashioned him and breathed My spirit into him, bow down before him,” and the angels all did so. But not Iblis: he refused to bow down like the others. Allāh said: “Iblis, why did you not bow down like the others?” and he answered: “I will not bow to a mortal You created from dried clay, formed from dark mud.” “Get out of here!” said Allāh. “You are an outcast, rejected until the Day of Judgement.” Iblis said: “My Lord, give me respite until the Day when they are raised from the dead.” “You have respite,” said Allāh, “until the Day of the Appointed Time.” Iblis then said to Allāh: “Because You have put me in the wrong, I will lure mankind on earth and put them in the wrong, all except Your devoted servants.” Allāh said, “(Devotion) is a straight path to Me: you will have no power over My servants, only over the ones who go astray and follow you.”’ (Al-Hijr: 26-42).

The word ‘shaytan’ refers to a being that is rebellious or disruptive; regardless of whether that being is human, jinn or animal. Anyone who enters this Forum, for example, with the express purpose of causing disruption, or sowing dissent, can properly be called a ‘shaytan’.

The word is also used to described those who have distanced themselves from Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla), and from the truth of His Revelations. Such folk are saying, in effect: ‘I will worship myself, and myself alone. I will not submit to anyone else because I don’t have to…….I am the only one that matters’. And the longer they live in this frame of mind the harder it is for them to change……in the end they see no need to change. Their foolishness becomes total.

I hope this helps.

M.I.A.
07-07-2017, 05:17 PM
The coveting of ones own soul is forbidden..

Although google is a bit useless today.

Hmm.. habit plays a big part in it as you say..

Some people are totally unaware of it.

They do not know what emanates from them.

In the end.

Allah swt is the only protector from ignorance.

Elcocaloca
07-07-2017, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
The word ‘shaytan’ refers to a being that is rebellious or disruptive; regardless of whether that being is human, jinn or animal. Anyone who enters this Forum, for example, with the express purpose of causing disruption, or sowing dissent, can properly be called a ‘shaytan’.

The word is also used to described those who have distanced themselves from Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla), and from the truth of His Revelations. Such folk are saying, in effect: ‘I will worship myself, and myself alone. I will not submit to anyone else because I don’t have to…….I am the only one that matters’. And the longer they live in this frame of mind the harder it is for them to change……in the end they see no need to change. Their foolishness becomes total.
Very good.

Grandad
07-08-2017, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Elcocaloca
Very good.
Thank you, brother. That's very kind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.