/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Experience Bosnia

DunyaStory
07-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters.
I have just visited Sarajevo in Bosnia and I made a short vlog to share my experience.
It was beyond great, I just loved it , please support by sharing :) Comment your opinion aswell, Shokran :)

https://youtu.be/Cq_cgaKgjxk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amor101
07-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Thanks for sharing! You should visit Zenica.

Wa A;aykum salam

*charisma*
07-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Walaikum Asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by DunyaStory
I have just visited Sarajevo in Bosnia and I made a short vlog to share my experience.
It was beyond great, I just loved it , please support by sharing :) Comment your opinion aswell, Shokran :)

Mashallah bro, awesome vid. I love watching vids like these. May Allah bless you to be able to travel to all muslim countries ameen.

JustTime
01-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Beautiful country, seems like a nice place for Muslims in Europe and the West to visit.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters.I have just visited Sarajevo in Bosnia and I made a short vlog to share my experience.It was beyond great, I just loved it , please support by sharing :) Comment your opinion aswell, Shokran :)https://youtu.be/Cq_cgaKgjxk
:wa:Thanks for sharing it, brother

Mikayeel
11-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Shame it's unavailable would have loved to see, very interested in Bosnia

alfaqir
11-05-2018, 05:07 PM
I've been there some years ago and i also warmly recommend it, i really loved Sarajevo. A very interesting combination of old Ottoman center, next to it late 19th early 20th century Austro-Hungarian era buildings and then of course the communist parts of the city. All of it in a beautiful natural enviroment, surrounded by mountains, and the nearby spring of the Bosna river. public transportation is also simple and it is also a cheap tourist destination. I feel really sorry for Bosnian Muslims though, such a beautiful country but still in an economic and political mess after a hard recent history... they should deserve better

Mikayeel
11-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Very nice, I guess a summer visit is much nicer. What is the food like there? Plenty of halal options I assume?

alfaqir
11-06-2018, 05:17 PM
cevapcici is the national dish there, a kind of grilled minced meat made from beef or mixed beef and lamb with flatbread and onion . But my real favourite is the streetfood burek/börek, a baked filled pastry, which is also very popular all over the Balkans and Turkey, but IMO the Bosnian one is the best version. I prefer the ones filled with meat but there are also non-meat variants. Drink yoghurt or the Turkish ayran (a yoghurt based drink) with them. They are extremely filling. :)

I'm writing these from memories as i was there years ago, so there could be some changes...

Sarajevo is a majority muslim city, but don't be surprised, practicing people are a minority (in the country-side people can be more observing, i don't know), it is mostly just a cultural identity. Giving muslim names, celebrating the bayrams/eids... they won't eat pork at all, it is a taboo, but many consume alcohol just like in other European countries and only a small minority of women covered themselves... Mosques were quite full during the Friday prayer, but can't say this about other times. The old center has many historic mosques, there are big ones, like the most famous Gazi Husrev beg mosque, but my personal favourites were the smaller old mahalle (neighborhood) masjids, they were also nicely renovated.

in the modern communist and post communist parts as i recall i saw few mosques, though i remember seeing two modern big mosques from the tramway in the modern parts of the city, built from foreign finance (a Saudi and an Indonesian).

There is also a really old orthodox christian church, an old sephardic synagogue (now museum?) and 1-2 19th early 20th century catholic churches in the downtown.

The martyrs cemetery of the recent war is also very close to the center, and it is also the place where Alija Izetbegovic (first president of independent Bosnia-Herzegovina) was buried. Visit it and say a dua if you are there. :)

And of course don't miss the site at the Latin Bridge, (an Ottoman era bridge) where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated in 1914, causing the outbreak of world war 1.

I was also there during the summer, but they still take pride of the 1984 winter olympics being held there, so i assume there can also be some winter sport opportunities.

I went there by train, but no matter if you go by train or by plane, both way very simple and easy to get to the city center.

anatolian
11-06-2018, 06:14 PM
@alfaqir You should visit Istanbul one day;)

alfaqir
11-06-2018, 07:20 PM
I've been there already on some occassions abi, it is great for tourism and lovers of history, but i don't know how can people live there, too crowded. :D So far Bursa was my favourite city in Turkey if i consider things like historical heritage, natural beauty and livability combined, but unfortunetly i haven't been to too many cities in Turkey to make big comparisons.

But ultimately every place is good where you have kıymalı börek (which reminded me very much to the burek sold in Bosnia). ;)

*charisma*
11-10-2018, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alfaqir
I've been there already on some occassions abi, it is great for tourism and lovers of history, but i don't know how can people live there, too crowded. So far Bursa was my favourite city in Turkey if i consider things like historical heritage, natural beauty and livability combined, but unfortunetly i haven't been to too many cities in Turkey to make big comparisons.

But ultimately every place is good where you have kıymalı börek (which reminded me very much to the burek sold in Bosnia).
Go to trabzon/uzungol...absolutely breathtaking.

I can't wait to visit Turkey again. It's my favorite country to visit.

anatolian
11-11-2018, 10:43 AM
If you like to see Ottoman history your second adress should be Edirne after Istanbul. Bursa comes third. Maybe I should start a thread dedicated to visiting Turkey?

Insaanah
01-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,
There are now Islamic tours to Bosnia. A group from the UK called Travel Express took a weeks tour to Bosnia last year and went to Sarajevo, Mostar, a famous waterfall somewhere, Srebrenica and other places. I didn’t go but watching some of the videos I was sent, it is a beautiful country.

mehtasheya
08-28-2019, 06:43 AM
Thanks for sharing video, but video is not working now.

- - - Updated - - -

Bosnia is wonderful place. Therein available awesome natural and adventure places.

mehtasheya
10-03-2019, 08:55 AM
Thanks for sharing. its nice.

Flos
01-20-2021, 05:46 PM
So happy you think of my country as beautiful. Shame I can't see it, it's unavailable. Welcome to Bosnia!

beret
10-27-2021, 07:35 AM
I have never been there and never thought about this country, I think I should visit it for couple of days

Nooralhuda
08-12-2022, 07:30 AM
I recommend going to Bosnia very much

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.