/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad (PBUH) The Greatest | Ahmed Deedat

kazi_rizwan
07-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Allah says in the Quran: "And indeed, you are of a great moral character." (Quran, 68:4)
Why did Allah say that about him?
Ahmad deedat talks about the last of prophets (Muhammad), peace be upon all prophets of God.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
07-12-2017, 05:04 AM
It is an informative lecture, but the title should be changed, and the human hero worship should be edited out. Allah is the greatest (akbar), there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is Allah's slave and Messenger.

With regard to the format of takbeer, “Allaahu akbaru kabeera wa alhamdu Lillaahi katheera wa subhaan Allaahi bukratan wa aseela…
(There is no god but Allaah, Allaah is most Great, Allaah is most Great, much praise be to Allaah and glory be to Allaah at the beginning and end of the day…),”

Imam al-Shaafa‘i (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

If he adds to that and says: “Allaahu akbaru kabeera wa alhamdu Lillaahi katheera wa subhaan Allaahi bukratan wa aseela, Allahu akbar wa la na‘budu illa Allah mukhliseena lahu al-deena wa law kariha al-kaafiroon, la ilaaha ill-Allah wahdah, sadaqa wa‘dah wa nasara ‘abdah wa hazama al-ahzaaba wahdah, laa ilaaha ill-Allah wa Allahu akbar
(Allaah is most Great, much praise be to Allaah and glory be to Allaah at the beginning and end of the day. Allah is most Great and we worship none but Allah, and we make our worship purely for Him (alone) however much the disbelievers may hate that. There is no god but Allah alone; He fulfilled His promise and granted victory to His slave and defeated the Confederates alone. There is no God but Allah and Allah is most Great),” then he has done well.

Al-Umm, 1/241

Abu Ishaaq al-Shiraazi said in al-Muhadhdhab (1/121):

Because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said that atop al-Safa.

https://islamqa.info/en/158543

Abz2000
07-12-2017, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sey She Mal
Is it because He is above The Greatest of Akhlaq ? .

(1690)
Chapter: Making Distinction Between The Prophets
(14)
باب فِي التَّخْيِيرِ بَيْنَ الأَنْبِيَاءِ عَلَيْهِمُ الصَّلاَةُ وَالسَّلاَمُ

Ibn ‘Abbas reported the Prophet (May peace be upon him) as saying :
It is not fitting for a servent to say that I (The Prophet) is better than Jonah son of Matta (Amittai).

حَدَّثَنَا حَفْصُ بْنُ عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ قَتَادَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي الْعَالِيَةِ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَا يَنْبَغِي لِعَبْدٍ أَنْ يَقُولَ إِنِّي خَيْرٌ مِنْ يُونُسَ بْنِ مَتَّى ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Grade : Sahih (Al-Albani) صحيح (الألباني) حكم :
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 4669
In-book reference : Book 42, Hadith 74
English translation : Book 41, Hadith 4652

The following is attributed to Abu Hurairah so there is reason to be cautious.

Narrated Abu Hurairah:

"In the market of Al-Madinah, a Jew said 'No! By the One who chose Musa above all humans.'" He said: "A man from the Ansar raised his hand and struck him in his face. He said 'You say this while Allah's Prophet (ﷺ) is among us?' So the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said 'And the Trumpet will be blown, and all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth will swoon away, except him whom Allah wills. Then it will blown another time and behold, they will be standing, looking on (39:68). So I shall be the first to raise his head and there will be Musa holding on to one of the supports of the Throne. So I will not know if he raised his head before me, or if he was one of those whom Allah made the exception for. And whoever says: 'I am better than Yunus bin Matta, then he has indeed lied.'"

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو كُرَيْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدَةُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَمْرٍو، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ يَهُودِيٌّ بِسُوقِ الْمَدِينَةِ لاَ وَالَّذِي اصْطَفَى مُوسَى عَلَى الْبَشَرِ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَرَفَعَ رَجُلٌ مِنَ الأَنْصَارِ يَدَهُ فَصَكَّ بِهَا وَجْهَهُ قَالَ تَقُولُ هَذَا وَفِينَا نَبِيُّ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏(‏ ونُفِخَ فِي الصُّورِ فَصَعِقَ مَنْ فِي السَّمَوَاتِ وَمَنْ فِي الأَرْضِ إِلاَّ مَنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ ثُمَّ نُفِخَ فِيهِ أُخْرَى فَإِذَا هُمْ قِيَامٌ يَنْظُرُونَ ‏)‏ فَأَكُونُ أَوَّلَ مَنْ رَفَعَ رَأْسَهُ فَإِذَا مُوسَى آخِذٌ بِقَائِمَةٍ مِنْ قَوَائِمِ الْعَرْشِ فَلاَ أَدْرِي أَرَفَعَ رَأْسَهُ قَبْلِي أَوْ كَانَ مِمَّنِ اسْتَثْنَى اللَّهُ وَمَنْ قَالَ أَنَا خَيْرٌ مِنْ يُونُسَ بْنِ مَتَّى فَقَدْ كَذَبَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ ‏.‏

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 3245
Arabic reference : Book 47, Hadith 3553

Here is one that is a little different - and Allah knows best.

(41)
Chapter: The Virtues Of Ibrahim, Peace Be Upon Him
(41)
باب مِنْ فَضَائِلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْخَلِيلِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏‏

Anas b. Malik reported that a person came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said:
O, the best of creation; thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: He is Ibrahim (peace be upon him).

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُسْهِرٍ، وَابْنُ، فُضَيْلٍ عَنِ الْمُخْتَارِ، ح وَحَدَّثَنِي عَلِيُّ بْنُ حُجْرٍ السَّعْدِيُّ، - وَاللَّفْظُ لَهُ - حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُسْهِرٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا الْمُخْتَارُ، بْنُ فُلْفُلٍ عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ جَاءَ رَجُلٌ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ يَا خَيْرَ الْبَرِيَّةِ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ ذَاكَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ عَلَيْهِ السَّلاَمُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2369 a
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 196
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 30, Hadith 5841
(deprecated numbering scheme)

(42)
Chapter: The Virtues Of Musa, Peace Be Upon Him
(42)
باب مِنْ فَضَائِلِ مُوسَى صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏‏

Abu Sa'id Kudari reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) having, said this:
Don't make distinction amongst the Messengers. This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters also.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ نُمَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ يَحْيَى، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ لاَ تُخَيِّرُوا بَيْنَ الأَنْبِيَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَفِي حَدِيثِ ابْنِ نُمَيْرٍ عَمْرِو بْنِ يَحْيَى حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2374 b
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 214
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 30, Hadith 5857
(deprecated numbering scheme)

Distinction in this context means praising one over another, but it is clear that the final messenger of Allah Muhammad :saws: received the final revelation and it became a duty of the people to obey him until the day of judgement.

It was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) came to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) with some written material he had got from one of the people of the Book. He read it to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and he got angry and said: “Are you confused (about your religion), O son of al-Khattaab? By the One in Whose hand is my soul, I have brought it (the message of Islam) to you clear and pure. Do not ask them about anything, lest they tell you something true and you disbelieve it, or they tell you something false and you believe it. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if Moosa were alive, he would have no option but to follow me.”

Narrated by Ahmad (14736); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 6/34

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said, after mentioning the isnaads of this hadith:

These are all the isnads of this hadith; even though it does not reach such a standard that it may be relied upon as evidence, when they are all taken into consideration, this implies that there is a basis for this report.

Muhammad Ibn al-Alâ' told us that Ibn Numayr reported from Mujâlid from Ibn Aamir from Jaabir that Umar Ibn al-Khattâb brought a copy of the Torah to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: "O Apostle of God, this is a copy of the Torah." But [the Prophet] kept silent. Then Umar started reading and the face of the Prophet kept changing. So, Abu Bakr interrupted him violently: "Don't you see the face of the Prophet (peace be upon him)?" Umar looked at the Prophet's face and said "May God preserve me from His anger and from the anger of his Apostle (peace be upon him), we accepted God as Lord and Islâm as religion and Muhammad as prophet." Then the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "By the One Who owns Muhammad's soul, if Moses (peace be upon him) appeared to you and you followed him and left me, you would go astray from the right path and if he were alive and reached [the time of] my prophethood he would have followed me. "
(Sunan Al Daarimi, Kitab: Al Muqadimmah, Bab: Maa Yuttaqaa min tafseer Hadeeth Al Nabi Salaah Allaahu 'Alayhi Wassallam, Hadith no. 436, Source)

The above command to refrain from narrating from israiliaat may have been due to 'Umar :ra: attempting to argue a point since he was sometimes very passionate - the following hadith clarifies:

"If you do ask the people of the Scripture - as is inevitable - then consider what agrees with Allah's Book and accept it, and whatever contradicts Allah's book reject it." [ al-Musannaf (6/112)]

On this basis, al-Muhallib says: "Asking them about matters confirmed by our religious teachings and matters pertaining to the nations of the past do not come under the prohibition." [ Fath al-Bârî (13/334)]

So please remember clearly if you really read Quran:

وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ أَفَإِن مَّاتَ أَوْ قُتِلَ انقَلَبْتُمْ عَلَى أَعْقَابِكُمْ وَمَن يَنقَلِبْ عَلَىَ عَقِبَيْهِ فَلَن يَضُرَّ اللّهَ شَيْئًا وَسَيَجْزِي اللّهُ الشَّاكِرِينَ {144

003:144
:
Muhammad is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah, and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful

آمَنَ الرَّسُولُ بِمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِ مِن رَّبِّهِ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ كُلٌّ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَمَلآئِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّن رُّسُلِهِ وَقَالُواْ سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا غُفْرَانَكَ رَبَّنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ {285

002:285 Khan
:
The Messenger believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers.
They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."

Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq may Allaah be pleased with him delivered two Khutbahs (sermons) following the death of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ). One was on the day of the Prophet’s death, and the second was on the day that followed.

As for the first Khutbah, Al-Bukhari reported that ‘Aa’ishah, the wife the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) related that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) died while Abu Bakr was in As-Sunh (a region on the outskirts of Madeenah). She said:

“When Abu Bakr spoke, ‘Umar sat down. Abu Bakr praised Allaah and said: "Whoever worships Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) Muhammad has died, and whoever worships Allaah, Allaah is living and does not die; Allaah says: {Indeed, you are to die, and indeed, they are to die.} [Quran 39:30], and Allaah says: {Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him. So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]? And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allaah at all; but Allaah will reward the grateful.} [Quran 3:144] And the people began to weep."”

As for the second Khutbah, Ibn Katheer reported it in Al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah, saying:

“Muhammad ibn Is-haaq said: Az-Zuhri reported to me that Anas ibn Maalik said: "When the people pledged allegiance to Abu Bakr in As-Saqeefah, the next day, Abu Bakr stood on the pulpit, praised Allaah and said: 'O people I have been appointed over you, though I am not the best among you. If I do good, then help me; and if I act wrongly, then correct me. Truthfulness is a trust and lying is treachery. The weak among you is to me strong until I return to him what is rightfully his, Allaah willing, and the strong among you is to me weak until I take from him the rights of others, Allaah willing …. When people abandon Jihaad in the path of Allaah, Allaah humiliates them, and when fornication spreads among the people, Allaah spreads disease among them. Obey me as long as I obey Allaah and His Messenger. And if I disobey Allaah and His Messenger, then I have no right to your obedience. Stand up now to pray, Allaah have mercy on you.'" This is an authentic chain of narration.” [End of quote]

‘Abdur-Razzaaq also reported it in his Musannaf.

Allaah Knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.