/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel asking God to intervene?

Freedom
07-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Obviously, the prevailing thought here is the belief in a personal god. How do you rationalise asking Allah for something, such as good grades for example, when you know that some people out there aren't blessed with even the most basic provisions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
07-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Freedom;
Obviously, the prevailing thought here is the belief in a personal god. How do you rationalise asking Allah for something, such as good grades for example,
I try and avoid praying for anything that is mostly for my benefit. I think the most powerful prayers are when we give thanks for what we have.

when you know that some people out there aren't blessed with even the most basic provisions?
Scripture tells us that we should help the poor in practical ways, as well as praying for them, I like this.......

Once, when his companions asked him: "O Messenger of Allah, what are the most excellent of actions?"

The beloved of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, replied:--

"To gladden the heart of human beings,
To feed the hungry,
To help the afflicted,
To lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and
To remove the sufferings of the injured." [Sahih Bukhari].

So, over to us all... let's put this into practice in everyday life.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people,

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.