/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

PeaceLily
07-17-2017, 02:35 AM
Hello to one to all

In peace to you with my introduction

Each time I try to write Assalamu Alaikum I find it hard,thus I have had to copy from the welcome page as being new to Islam

I find it easier to say it,than write or type it so I apologize for this.

I found the forum here,when looking for information regarding interaction and help,as a revert,new muslim for guidence in many areas,this I ask humbly.

For many years,I felt that I was not liking what I saw outside of the Muslim faith and felt in my heart that as a Christian,although I admit I did not worship

any more this way,that it was no longer for me.

I am married with family grown and one day I was sitting in the town having a rest from food shopping,when I came across a group of people,with a stall

which contained much literature from Islam.

I asked may I have some please,and I was given as much as I wanted,with much help,this I took home,and read,and read which I must admit was alot

for me to take in.

That said after some time,once more again food shopping in the same place,I went back to the same place,asked for more information,then two weeks later

In March this year I bore witness with 2 brothers and a sister and embraced Islam

This felt like I had come home,in my heart,and I knew that all those years of floundering around,were over,my past behind me,a new life begun

in Islam

I still have much to learn,much indeed,and make many mistakes,I am also to wear hijab soon,I wear a scarf for now,and always have dressed modestly

never drank etc,so there was not much change in this sense,the change in my life since,has been peace and knowing that by prayer,and trying to do the best I can

by patience in all things,that I will never be abandoned,even though trials may come in life,as they do,I pray,and ask for guidence, I still get my words mistaken

and have much to learn indeed.That said I made the right choice

My thanks to you and in peace to you now and always

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-17-2017, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PeaceLily
Hello to one to all

In peace to you with my introduction

Each time I try to write Assalamu Alaikum I find it hard,thus I have had to copy from the welcome page as being new to Islam

I find it easier to say it,than write or type it so I apologize for this.

I found the forum here,when looking for information regarding interaction and help,as a revert,new muslim for guidence in many areas,this I ask humbly.

For many years,I felt that I was not liking what I saw outside of the Muslim faith and felt in my heart that as a Christian,although I admit I did not worship

any more this way,that it was no longer for me.

I am married with family grown and one day I was sitting in the town having a rest from food shopping,when I came across a group of people,with a stall

which contained much literature from Islam.

I asked may I have some please,and I was given as much as I wanted,with much help,this I took home,and read,and read which I must admit was alot

for me to take in.

That said after some time,once more again food shopping in the same place,I went back to the same place,asked for more information,then two weeks later

In March this year I bore witness with 2 brothers and a sister and embraced Islam

This felt like I had come home,in my heart,and I knew that all those years of floundering around,were over,my past behind me,a new life begun

in Islam

I still have much to learn,much indeed,and make many mistakes,I am also to wear hijab soon,I wear a scarf for now,and always have dressed modestly

never drank etc,so there was not much change in this sense,the change in my life since,has been peace and knowing that by prayer,and trying to do the best I can

by patience in all things,that I will never be abandoned,even though trials may come in life,as they do,I pray,and ask for guidence, I still get my words mistaken

and have much to learn indeed.That said I made the right choice

My thanks to you and in peace to you now and always
:wa:

Welcome my dear sister. We have little icons for Asalaamu Alaikum and Wa Alaikum Asalaam on the top right hand side of every reply box so it will be easier for you.

Your story is truly inspiring and I know that the brothers who make the effort to run these stalls do face hatred from ignorant people but Alhamdulillah (All praise is to Allah) they remain firm and do a lot of good work and Allah guided you through them. Hence why it is important for us to give dawah (invite towards Islam) so that others can also find true peace and contentment in their lives inshaAllah (God willing).

Please make yourself comfortable and do not hesitate to ask whatever you like.

If you need any help with anything at all then we are always here to help you.

I hope you find the following thread useful which is dedicated to providing Islamic information and resources to new reverts like yourself:

Very useful Islamic Information and Resources for Reverts:

Very useful Islamic Information for Reverts

May Allah make it easy for you to fully implement Islam into your life. Ameen

PeaceLily
07-17-2017, 04:39 AM

Thank you so much for your kindness and help

I am most grateful to you

:sl:

Hamza Asadullah
07-17-2017, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PeaceLily

Thank you so much for your kindness and help

I am most grateful to you

:sl:
So my sister may I ask what aspect of learning in particular do you need help with at present? Please do let us know so we can help inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
07-17-2017, 06:24 AM
May Allah guide those in whom He finds good to the straight path,

I've heard the word "hello" so less recently that it stands out as weird when i see it, I think "heaveno" sounds a lot better :)

sister herb
07-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Salam alaykum (and hello) to you

Welcome to forum. This is a great place to learn and to talk with others. Here are many reverts (including I) whose hopely can ease your first steps on that wonderful path called Islam.

eesa the kiwi
07-17-2017, 08:30 AM
Welcome to Islam may Allah bless you and may Allah bless the ummah through you

Asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu

ahmedahmed
07-20-2017, 11:59 PM
may allah give you blessings in both dunya and hereafter,forgive all your sins and shower you with his mercy and blessings.innahu ala kuli sheer qadeer.

FinalNyc
07-21-2017, 04:23 AM
May Allah guide you

RisingLight
10-12-2017, 01:13 AM
Salam Alaikum we rahmetullah :) I know am late but Welcome to the forum . Have a great time here :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!