/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why a Muslim Should Not Judge Others?

hend.abuauf
07-17-2017, 03:04 PM
People are very quick in forming judgement about other people. When something happens, they quickly form an opinion, assume that it is correct and believe it. And so, make judgments about the doer. But for us –Muslims- what should we do in this situation? should he judge others or should he not? and how to reconcile between forbidding evil and not Judging others??

http://omuslimun.com/judge-others/

tell us what do you do when you see someone doing something wrong? and please share it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
07-17-2017, 03:39 PM
When you judge, judge justly.
That is the Islamic principle,
Also,
Refrain from making false claims and accusations.
Be prepared of consequences for false accusations.
Do not hide testimony if it is justly required.
All of the above apply to every human being.

Please rectify your title and post.

- - - Updated - - -

سَمَّاعُونَ لِلْكَذِبِ أَكَّالُونَ لِلسُّحْتِ فَإِن جَآؤُوكَ فَاحْكُم بَيْنَهُم أَوْ أَعْرِضْ عَنْهُمْ وَإِن تُعْرِضْ عَنْهُمْ فَلَن يَضُرُّوكَ شَيْئًا وَإِنْ حَكَمْتَ فَاحْكُم بَيْنَهُمْ بِالْقِسْطِ إِنَّ اللّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ {42
005:042 Khan
:
(They like to) listen to falsehood, to devour anything forbidden. So if they come to you (O Muhammad SAW), either judge between them, or turn away from them. If you turn away from them, they cannot hurt you in the least. And if you judge, judge with justice between them. Verily, Allah loves those who act justly.

إِنَّ اللّهَ يَأْمُرُكُمْ أَن تُؤدُّواْ الأَمَانَاتِ إِلَى أَهْلِهَا وَإِذَا حَكَمْتُم بَيْنَ النَّاسِ أَن تَحْكُمُواْ بِالْعَدْلِ إِنَّ اللّهَ نِعِمَّا يَعِظُكُم بِهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ سَمِيعًا بَصِيرًا {58
004:058 Khan
:
Verily! Allah commands that you should render back the trusts to those, to whom they are due; and that when you judge between men, you judge with justice. Verily, how excellent is the teaching which He (Allah) gives you! Truly, Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Seer.

And whoever earns a fault or a sin and then throws it on to someone innocent, he has indeed burdened himself with falsehood and a manifest sin. Sura An-Nisa:112 (4:112)

Verily, We did send down the Taurât (Torah) [to Mûsâ (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allâh’s Will, judged for the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests [too judged for the Jews by the Taurât (Torah) after those Prophets], for to them was entrusted the protection of Allâh’s Book, and they were witnesses thereto. Therefore fear not men but fear Me (O Jews) and sell not My Verses for a miserable price. And whosoever does not judge by what Allâh has revealed, such are the Kâfirûn (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allâh’s Laws). Sura Al-Ma'ida:44 (5:44)
And We ordained therein for them (The Jews): "Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allâh has revealed, such are the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers - of a lesser degree). Sura Al-Ma'ida:45 (5:45)
Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allâh has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allâh has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fâsiqûn [the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree)] to Allâh. Sura Al-Ma'ida:47 (5:47)
And so judge (you O Muhammad) among them by what Allâh has revealed and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they turn you (O Muhammad) far away from some of that which Allâh has sent down to you. And if they turn away, then know that Allâh’s Will is to punish them for some sins of theirs. And truly, most of men are Fâsiqûn (rebellious and disobedient to Allâh). Sura Al-Ma'ida:49 (5:49)
Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? (pre-Islam) And who is better in judgement than Allâh for a people who have firm Faith. Sura Al-Ma'ida:50 (5:50)
O you who believe! Kill not the game while you are in a state of Ihrâm [for Hajj or ‘Umrah (pilgrimage)], and whosoever of you kills it intentionally, the penalty is an offering, brought to the Ka‘bah, of an eatable animal (i.e. sheep, goat, cow) equivalent to the one he killed, as adjudged by two just men among you; or, for expiation, he should feed Masâkîn (poor persons), or its equivalent in Saum (fasting), that he may taste the heaviness (punishment) of his deed. Allâh has forgiven what is past, but whosoever commits it again, Allâh will take retribution from him. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Able of Retribution. Sura Al-Ma'ida:59 (5:59)

When they entered in upon Dâwûd (David), he was terrified of them. They said: "Fear not! (We are) two litigants, one of whom has wronged the other, therefore judge between us with truth, and treat us not with injustice, and guide us to the Right Way. Sura Sad:22 (38:22)
O Dâwûd (David)! Verily! We have placed you as a successor on the earth; so judge you between men in truth (and justice) and follow not your desire - for it will mislead you from the Path of Allâh. Verily, those who wander astray from the Path of Allâh (shall) have a severe torment, because they forgot the Day of Reckoning. Sura Sad (38:26)

hend.abuauf
07-17-2017, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
When you judge, judge justly.
That is the Islamic principle,
Also,
Refrain from making false claims and accusations.
Be prepared of consequences for false accusations.
Do not hide testimony if it is justly required.
All of the above apply to every human being.

Please rectify your title and post.

- - - Updated - - -

سَمَّاعُونَ لِلْكَذِبِ أَكَّالُونَ لِلسُّحْتِ فَإِن جَآؤُوكَ فَاحْكُم بَيْنَهُم أَوْ أَعْرِضْ عَنْهُمْ وَإِن تُعْرِضْ عَنْهُمْ فَلَن يَضُرُّوكَ شَيْئًا وَإِنْ حَكَمْتَ فَاحْكُم بَيْنَهُمْ بِالْقِسْطِ إِنَّ اللّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ {42
005:042 Khan
:
(They like to) listen to falsehood, to devour anything forbidden. So if they come to you (O Muhammad SAW), either judge between them, or turn away from them. If you turn away from them, they cannot hurt you in the least. And if you judge, judge with justice between them. Verily, Allah loves those who act justly.

إِنَّ اللّهَ يَأْمُرُكُمْ أَن تُؤدُّواْ الأَمَانَاتِ إِلَى أَهْلِهَا وَإِذَا حَكَمْتُم بَيْنَ النَّاسِ أَن تَحْكُمُواْ بِالْعَدْلِ إِنَّ اللّهَ نِعِمَّا يَعِظُكُم بِهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ سَمِيعًا بَصِيرًا {58
004:058 Khan
:
Verily! Allah commands that you should render back the trusts to those, to whom they are due; and that when you judge between men, you judge with justice. Verily, how excellent is the teaching which He (Allah) gives you! Truly, Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Seer.

And whoever earns a fault or a sin and then throws it on to someone innocent, he has indeed burdened himself with falsehood and a manifest sin. Sura An-Nisa:112 (4:112)

Verily, We did send down the Taurât (Torah) [to Mûsâ (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allâh’s Will, judged for the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests [too judged for the Jews by the Taurât (Torah) after those Prophets], for to them was entrusted the protection of Allâh’s Book, and they were witnesses thereto. Therefore fear not men but fear Me (O Jews) and sell not My Verses for a miserable price. And whosoever does not judge by what Allâh has revealed, such are the Kâfirûn (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allâh’s Laws). Sura Al-Ma'ida:44 (5:44)
And We ordained therein for them (The Jews): "Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allâh has revealed, such are the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers - of a lesser degree). Sura Al-Ma'ida:45 (5:45)
Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allâh has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allâh has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fâsiqûn [the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree)] to Allâh. Sura Al-Ma'ida:47 (5:47)
And so judge (you O Muhammad) among them by what Allâh has revealed and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they turn you (O Muhammad) far away from some of that which Allâh has sent down to you. And if they turn away, then know that Allâh’s Will is to punish them for some sins of theirs. And truly, most of men are Fâsiqûn (rebellious and disobedient to Allâh). Sura Al-Ma'ida:49 (5:49)
Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? (pre-Islam) And who is better in judgement than Allâh for a people who have firm Faith. Sura Al-Ma'ida:50 (5:50)
O you who believe! Kill not the game while you are in a state of Ihrâm [for Hajj or ‘Umrah (pilgrimage)], and whosoever of you kills it intentionally, the penalty is an offering, brought to the Ka‘bah, of an eatable animal (i.e. sheep, goat, cow) equivalent to the one he killed, as adjudged by two just men among you; or, for expiation, he should feed Masâkîn (poor persons), or its equivalent in Saum (fasting), that he may taste the heaviness (punishment) of his deed. Allâh has forgiven what is past, but whosoever commits it again, Allâh will take retribution from him. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Able of Retribution. Sura Al-Ma'ida:59 (5:59)

When they entered in upon Dâwûd (David), he was terrified of them. They said: "Fear not! (We are) two litigants, one of whom has wronged the other, therefore judge between us with truth, and treat us not with injustice, and guide us to the Right Way. Sura Sad:22 (38:22)
O Dâwûd (David)! Verily! We have placed you as a successor on the earth; so judge you between men in truth (and justice) and follow not your desire - for it will mislead you from the Path of Allâh. Verily, those who wander astray from the Path of Allâh (shall) have a severe torment, because they forgot the Day of Reckoning. Sura Sad (38:26)

I absolutly agree with that but this post is not about judging between people, it is about forming judgment about other people's action. Please read the article and Jazaka Allahu Khairan

Sent from my iPhone using IslamicBoard mobile app

anatolian
07-17-2017, 05:19 PM
The Prophet says you will not die without being judged by which you judge others...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
07-17-2017, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hend.abuauf
I absolutly agree with that but this post is not about judging between people, it is about forming judgment about other people's action. Please read the article and Jazaka Allahu Khairan

Sent from my iPhone using IslamicBoard mobile app

I just skimmed through the article and it appears not to have been written by a person with even sub-standard grounding in fiqh, or human psychology, knowledge of legalese, or an understanding of the risks of using highly misinterpretable and ambiguous language.

Was the article writer maybe speaking of thought crime if not actions?

The human brain functions on certain principles - and one of those is judgement via logic, it also fills in blanks where required.
I believe it would have been better to advise that it is recommendable to think good of people and to have good opinions where possible and to refrain from making a solid condemnation of people where there is a high likelihood of oneself being wrong in an opinion. And to bear in mind that Allah is also gathering data on each person at all times in order to make a complete and just judgement after death.

It is possible to not fill in the blanks on some data where judgement can be confidently left till later or never. - such as "do people reside on planet xyz in a galaxy 643357874444788 light years away since good data is not available on the topic, and it is not necessary to make a judgement by filling in the gaps, and it will not affect a person if they leave such judgement aside until more data is forthcoming or until the person wondering dies, and it will not have an effect on a person's action of justice or injustice.

It is however important to judge whether a person is cheating with malice when they come and tell you that you've just won the spanish lottery that you've never played, and that you have to fill out your direct debit details on the form they're holding out to you.

It is important to judge and form a strong opinion on whether Allah exists, whether there is none superior to Him, whether Muhammad :saws: was indeed a messenger of Allah - since without doubt every human being will die, and we are being told that we will be raised to life again for life without end, then judged, and then go to either paradise or hell.

If we are to judge and form an opinion on how the moon was born, is it not more important to form a strong hypothesis on how matter came into existence? Since this raises questions on a creator and has implications related to the above sentence.

Do we not notice ourselves judging other human beings taking into account data on circumstance, demeanour, facial expressions, tone of voice etc in our daily interactions in order to progress and either befriend, avoid, or leave aside final judgement? Do we not sometimes find that we have been wrong or right in our opinions and then either rethink our previous opinions, blanks, or conclusions - or solidufy them further? Isn't "wisdom" a byproduct of judgement?
The most important requirement is to be just and to avoid injustice, and to continually re-check and update our opinions when it comes to important issues.

talibilm
07-18-2017, 12:28 AM
People are very quick in forming judgement about other people. When something happens, they quickly form an opinion, assume that it is correct and believe it. And so, make judgments about the doer. But for us –Muslims- what should we do in this situation? should he judge others or should he not? and how to reconcile between forbidding evil and not Judging others??

tell us what do you do when you see someone doing something wrong? and please share it
:sl: bro

This link with the hadith references it has given makes sense in the matter of despising (judging) others which iow means Thakkabur (from hadith a sin an atom of which will not allow a believer to enter Jannah since that's the Right of Allah only and which was Iblis's 2nd mistake after jealousy that lead to his Kufr ) which is correct and these Sins are to be vigilantly avoided since they may lead us to kufr as well, naudhubillah. so the post # 92 in the link below will further substantiate this sin

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...r-Wisdom/page3

But its allowed to judge by the apparent during decisions by a '' sharia court '' and so in a muslim society which is required to enjoin good and forbid evil in the right manner as it should be done ( but not fitna instead in its name which is worse than killing as per the Noble quran ) BUT STILL we have no right to condemn anyone as a goer to Hell unless he dies on kufr & shirk.

But hadiths point out to look for own mistakes before searching for other mistakes implies we rather be away from thinking bad doubts about others and avoid '' SEARCHING '' faults of others (hadith)

eesa the kiwi
07-18-2017, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
The Prophet says you will not die without being judged by which you judge others...
Source?

M.I.A.
07-18-2017, 12:30 PM

Ayyy... broken mirrors are nothing but bad luck.

One could live and not every have to fight.

All the while throwing punches.

...i didnt even understand it.

Unfortunately im a sinner.. he doesnt seem to everlook it.

Ahh.. if that day didnt exist, you would have to invent it.

Maybe it would have been better to be sent to a better people..

More motivated and driven.

...ironically we are always both.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills..

Shame i turned out to be a mirror, right?

Abz2000
07-18-2017, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Ayyy... broken mirrors are nothing but bad luck.

One could live and not every have to fight.

All the while throwing punches.

...i didnt even understand it.

Unfortunately im a sinner.. he doesnt seem to everlook it.

Ahh.. if that day didnt exist, you would have to invent it.

Maybe it would have been better to be sent to a better people..

More motivated and driven.

...ironically we are always both.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills..

Shame i turned out to be a mirror, right?
I used to really read into your posts in order to try and understand what - on earth/what in heaven's name/what the hell - you're trying to get across, but they are so ambiguous that I'm almost certain even Prophet Yusuf :saws: would have had difficulty making sense of / deciphering them, and I feel like I'm led to opening doors in the matrix that are 500 stories high but nothing to stop the fall when you step out into thin air.
It would be good if you were more clear and to the point.

anatolian
07-18-2017, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Source?
Khalid bin Ma'dan narrated from Mu'adh bin Jabal that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
"Whoever shames his brother for a sin, he shall not die until he (himself) commits it." (One of the narrators) Ahmad said: They said: 'From a sin he has repented from."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi » Chapters on the description of the Day of Judgement, Ar-Riqaq, and Al-Wara'
English reference : Vol. 4, Book 11, Hadith 2505
Arabic reference : Book 37, Hadith 2693
https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/37

Thank you for your notice

M.I.A.
07-18-2017, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
I used to really read into your posts in order to try and understand what - on earth/what in heaven's name/what the hell - you're trying to get across, but they are so ambiguous that I'm almost certain even Prophet Yusuf :saws: would have had difficulty making sense of / deciphering them, and I feel like I'm led to opening doors in the matrix that are 500 stories high but nothing to stop the fall when you step out into thin air.
It would be good if you were more clear and to the point.
Im sorry really.

There is no point in reading into something that does not make sense.

Honestly i just come here to vent most of the time..

Its far from being rooted in anything beneficial.

Its embarrassing really lol

It is a.. real nieve..ity..

Of the provider, protector, sustainer..

Its more frustration than anger.

And yet there is an embarrassing awareness of it..

Unfortunately the place is very much real.

And in that moment i am stuck.. my compulsions are real..

I need this.

Dont i?

..its embarrassing to have to ask.

Or not knowing how to.

And i think in that way we are probably similar..

All we need is someone to learn from.

...or take us back to the way things were.

...a chance to show you my nicer side.

eesa the kiwi
07-18-2017, 09:44 PM
Khalid bin Ma'dan narrated from Mu'adh bin Jabal that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
"Whoever shames his brother for a sin, he shall not die until he (himself) commits it." (One of the narrators) Ahmad said: They said: 'From a sin he has repented from."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi » Chapters on the description of the Day of Judgement, Ar-Riqaq, and Al-Wara'
English reference : Vol. 4, Book 11, Hadith 2505
Arabic reference : Book 37, Hadith 2693
https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/37

Thank you for your notice
Jazak Allah khair

Mustafa16
07-19-2017, 12:13 AM
very wise words. im sorry i insulted you for your turkishness brother....... :) but back to the topic, yes, that is true

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.