/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help and advice

asadranger
07-19-2017, 09:56 PM
Hello,

My brother and I are refugees living in Germany since two years ago, originally from Iran. We are from a muslim family but over the past year he has changed dramatically. When we were living in Iran, my brother said he was an athiest. He refused the Islamic way of life completely and liked to wear gothic clothes and listen to metal music. He hated how strict the islamic government was and eventually started to explore other faiths, mainly Christianity.

During this time, he spoke out against the government and gave his opinion on the freedom people should have and how wrong they were for making so many restrictions. He was arrested for making claims because we are not allowed freedom of speech. We had to escape when my brother got bail because we had many problems from then on.

I think he came across an Islamic preacher's videos when exploring the differences between Christianity and Islam. Ever since he has been following online preachers very closely. Gradually he stopped going outside, eating properly, sleeping properly and refuses to learn German. He stayed at home for months, reading about Islam on the internet and watching videos from you and others. Nobody could convince him to do anything else.

Recently, he decided to start going to our local mosque. Again, he is not living a normal life. He stays at mosque all day, praying five times a day there, sleeps in the street, fasts on a Monday and Thursday to be like Mohammad, eats only with his right hand like Mohammad, does not eat properly. He will not talk about anything except religion.I don't know what to do anymore. He is only becoming more and more extreme with this lifestyle. He respects everything these online preacher's say and will not listen to me or our friends.

Best wishes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
STN
07-19-2017, 10:28 PM
Recently, he decided to start going to our local mosque. Again, he is not living a normal life. He stays at mosque all day, praying five times a day there, sleeps in the street, fasts on a Monday and Thursday to be like Mohammad, eats only with his right hand like Mohammad, does not eat properly. He will not talk about anything except religion.I don't know what to do anymore. He is only becoming more and more extreme with this lifestyle. He respects everything these online preacher's say and will not listen to me or our friends.
That is praise-worthy honestly!. But you should tell him that Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) taught us moderation and he liked moderation not extremism in any of the matters of religion. Show him this

https://islamqa.info/en/9466

Going to extremes or being negligent are not the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (SAWW) and anything that isn't Sunnah will be rejected.

Maybe this is concern in you talking but i don't see anything wrong in his behavior except "sleeps in the street" but if he is still the same person and speaks properly to you then it just means he found out Islam once again and realized the temporariness of this world and doesn't find pleasure in it anymore.

Also whose videos are he watching?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.