Bhabha
07-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Does anyone here enjoy Sailing?

I've taken up the sport recently and... I am so obsessed with it @_@

I race on Melges 24 ;D;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-21-2017, 06:37 PM
I was swimmer in my childhood and was a motocross racer in my teen age. But I have retired from competition since long time. To be honest, now sometime I feel I want to back to competition again. However, I have decided to not back to motorcycle racing again.

Will I race on sail boat?. After I read your post I seek information about Melges 24, and I found that the price of 1993 model used Melges 24 is more than two and a half time higher than the 2017 model motocross bike. The newer model of Melges 24 even far expensive. So, due to available budget I think it's better if I choose to race on mountain bike.

;D

Bhabha
07-21-2017, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I was swimmer in my childhood and was a motocross racer in my teen age. But I have retired from competition since long time. To be honest, now sometime I feel I want to back to competition again. However, I have decided to not back to motorcycle racing again.

Will I race on sail boat?. After I read your post I seek information about Melges 24, and I found that the price of 1993 model used Melges 24 is more than two and a half time higher than the 2017 model motocross bike. The newer model of Melges 24 even far expensive. So, due to available budget I think it's better if I choose to race on mountain bike.

;D
Lol sailing is expensive, but it is the most amazing experience ever.

I'll upload some pictures when cruising, the views are spectacular. :uuh:

I'm not a boat owner yet, I'm just learning the ropes with crewing and stuff, and then one day I hope to purchase my own melges 24, or maybe 32 :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie or maybe the 40!!!!!...

Aisha
07-23-2017, 08:53 PM
My Masjid students were offered free sailing lessons as part of a community grants scheme. They absolutely loved it! Two of them have gone on to have further lessons. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to join them yet. :hiding:
I walk past boats at the marina every day and would love to own one but I'll need to brave those lessons first lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bhabha
07-24-2017, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
My Masjid students were offered free sailing lessons as part of a community grants scheme. They absolutely loved it! Two of them have gone on to have further lessons. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to join them yet. :hiding:
I walk past boats at the marina every day and would love to own one but I'll need to brave those lessons first lol.
It's fun, interesting and I believe (essential) to know how to sail. You never know when you might need it! :)

The sailing with the use of the wind and the waves, that's the exciting part. I've raced with just using the wind and have hiked on the edge of the boat to make sure it doesn't keel over. So exciting :statisfie:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.