/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is Assertiveness.

noor grant
07-24-2017, 11:09 PM
Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
In seeing the state of our marraiges in the west at least, I would like to add something motivating and education to the negative vibe we get with all the rumors of domestic violence and abuse in our families today. I believe its largely a probably of inadequate knowledge and training and it can be fixed for all parties involved with time.
So, on that note, I made this blog to educate all on what is assertiveness and how not develop unassertive behaviours.
Note, i am not a doctor, Im just a nerd who likes to research and make blogs;D
http://lisathewayitis.blogspot.ca/20...-spectrum.html
http://www.lifeonthespectrum.net/blog/?page_id=3043

Attachment 6227

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
07-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Greetings and peace be with you noor grant;

In seeing the state of our marraiges in the west at least,
Well, today is my thirty second wedding anniversary. But like you I am deeply saddened that so many marriages seem to suffer violence and end in divorce.

I am not sure I agree with being assertive as a recipe for a happy marriage, I feel it is about trying to bring out the best in your spouse, and to earn respect. Life is a journey, always one day at a time and we both change over the years. At times it can seem like a battle ground, life throws a lot of problems at you, and rather than trying to win an argument, I try and find a solution where there are no loosers.

I have found that we are much stronger together than we would be apart. Staying married is one of the toughest thing we do in life, it can seem like a continuous struggle.

Just my two cents worth.

Blessings,
Eric

sister herb
07-25-2017, 08:38 AM
I would like to add one more ingredient for the recipe of happy marriage: forgiveness. But surely many other ingredients are needed too.

noor grant
07-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Yes of course sis!!

Marriage is a multi-faceted institution. Masha allah.

There are many things that make it work and succeed. Being assertive in communication is just one of them:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!