/* */

PDA

View Full Version : halal or haraam means of rozi?

shan
07-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Assalam o alikum everyone. Im a muslim from pakistan and first of all i would like to thank all the people who made this website possible and all the people who contribute to it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My situation:
In my country for any type of legal proceeding, we need a certified document called stamp paper. Those from Pakistan will understand this. Government issues these to certain people that give them out to the general public. Rule is, if a stamp paper is worth 500 rupees, it should be sold for 500 rupees. Not more, not less.

Here is the problem:
The people who are given these stamp papers are charging the public more that than;stamp paper worth 500 sold for 750. Reason they give is that government has blocked these so these are basically sold in black.And its the same everywhere.

My question is:
If i buy that paper (and i kinda have to) and use it to do anything, procure a car, get a job etc, will it be haraam in HIS (S.W.T) eyes? Ther person selling me has already told me that he has to pay extra to the government to get it ( Bribery, which i think is haraam ) and that's why i have to pay much extra.

- - - Updated - - -

i would very much appreciate an islamic scholars view on this. thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
STN
07-28-2017, 07:58 PM
I am not a scholar but from what i've read and told if you are forced to do a legal matter where you are given no choice but to pay the bribe then as long as you hate the bribe and absolutely know there is no other way your work can be done then it is okay. But still, you should ask an Imam of your masjid or some religious person.

I know the situation very well, Godfather Nawaz Shareef and his predecessor Zardari made this country corrupt to its core and i have dealt with same situation. You can't get anything done in this country without bribing in every institution from hospitals to education to legal system. The country has been rotten to the core.

shan
07-29-2017, 06:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by STN
I am not a scholar but from what i've read and told if you are forced to do a legal matter where you are given no choice but to pay the bribe then as long as you hate the bribe and absolutely know there is no other way your work can be done then it is okay. But still, you should ask an Imam of your masjid or some religious person.

I know the situation very well, Godfather Nawaz Shareef and his predecessor Zardari made this country corrupt to its core and i have dealt with same situation. You can't get anything done in this country without bribing in every institution from hospitals to education to legal system. The country has been rotten to the core.
i went to a mufti. he told me that suppose i have to install an electricicty meter to my house to get electriucity and there is no way to do this without bribery then i'll have to do it. I dunno. really wish a scholar would provide his input.
but thanks anyways

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.