/* */

PDA

View Full Version : meeting a ptotential spouses family

noor grant
07-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi,

This is about the same brother that was rushing to marry. We worked out this issue by bringing parents involved and talking to them.
I have a question regarding meeting his parents though. Any advice for how to make a good impression them?
I don't want to share a huge about of information online but a little bit of information: They are Moroccan from a large city, the mother is a housewife and i am focused obviously on her and impressing her and his sisters. His sister speaks english and french as well as Arabic so she will translate for the mother who only speaks Arabic.

What things will they scrutinize about me and watch? What will they ask me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
07-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Noor,

(smile) Mmm... I think perhaps it might be better not to think about impressing your potential husband's family, and focus more on who they are, and how you can be good to them. (smile) It might seem like the same thing in the end, but the difference in attitude is what makes the end results different. (pensively) And if you know that you did your best to be a good person with them, then no matter what they think about you, you will have the peace of heart of knowing that you behaved in a way pleasing to God.

May God, the Compassionate, Gift you with what is best for you in this life and the Next.

noor grant
07-29-2017, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum Noor,

(smile) Mmm... I think perhaps it might be better not to think about impressing your potential husband's family, and focus more on who they are, and how you can be good to them. (smile) It might seem like the same thing in the end, but the difference in attitude is what makes the end results different. (pensively) And if you know that you did your best to be a good person with them, then no matter what they think about you, you will have the peace of heart of knowing that you behaved in a way pleasing to God.

May God, the Compassionate, Gift you with what is best for you in this life and the Next.
(smile) I do that already with people...but thanks...
fi sabilillah

Hamza Asadullah
07-30-2017, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noor grant
Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi,

This is about the same brother that was rushing to marry. We worked out this issue by bringing parents involved and talking to them.
I have a question regarding meeting his parents though. Any advice for how to make a good impression them?
I don't want to share a huge about of information online but a little bit of information: They are Moroccan from a large city, the mother is a housewife and i am focused obviously on her and impressing her and his sisters. His sister speaks english and french as well as Arabic so she will translate for the mother who only speaks Arabic.

What things will they scrutinize about me and watch? What will they ask me?
:sl:

Just be yourself sister. If you show good Islamic character and are well mannered and polite then what is better than this? Do not try to over impress or be what you are not as people can see straight through people like that. Just stick to being who you are as a person. If you be natural then everything will go in a nice flow inshaAllah.

May Allah do what is best for you. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
STN
07-30-2017, 12:40 AM
Don't try to impress them, if they like you they like you...if they don't well their loss.

You are only going to act unnatural if you try to impress and come off as try hard or not genuine/just weird.

My mentality is why should i impress someone? Instead they should be trying to impress me

But honestly, all they are going to be looking at is if you're beautiful. That's going to be the number one thing. You can't find out a person's personality from one meeting anyway so don't worry about it.

azc
07-30-2017, 03:00 AM
Be normal and speak less when they talk to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.