/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hope for me?

the repenter13
08-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Asalamualaikum. To make a long story short, I have been afflicted with many illnesses and I was not patient and I complained all the time. I then suffered from hypocrisy and I turned away from rememberance of Allah. Now I have been afflicted with a worse illness and I regret my past attitude so much and I cry many times a day for Allah to forgive me. But I'm scared that I won't be forgiven because of my disobedience and hypocrisy in the past. Am I doomed?. Please someone HELP ME!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-01-2017, 05:26 PM
If one has to complain, it is wise to bear strongly in mind and make sure that Allah is the top-most hearer of one's complaint, whilst a person fulfils the worldly necessities and means within Allah's obedience.
That way, one is saved from shirk (attempting to achieve from creation through that which angers Allah) and kufr (absolute denial of Allah).

Nobody can say for sure that Allah has forgiven, although they can have an idea of the situation and hope for grace, so it is best to turn to Allah as soon as one finds they made a mistake or recognized the gravity of their crime.

Remorse is the best tool to shut down bad wiring in the brain, but then correct thought and positive action in Allah's way are required in order to rewire the circuits properly so the Boss doesn't come and find it all in a mess.
He hates bad jobs, but also invalid excuses about why it wasn't fixed.

11. How many were the populations We utterly destroyed because of their iniquities, setting up in their places other peoples?
12. Yet, when they felt Our Punishment (coming), behold, they (tried to) flee from it.
13. Flee not, but return to the good things of this life which were given you, and to your homes in order that ye may be called to account.
14. They said: "Ah! woe to us! We were indeed wrong-doers!"
15. And that cry of theirs ceased not, till We made them as a field that is mown, as ashes silent and quenched.
16. Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between!

17. If it had been Our wish to take (just) a pastime, We should surely have taken it from the things nearest to Us, if We would do (such a thing)!
18. Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us).

From Quran, Chapter 21

the repenter13
08-01-2017, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
If one has to complain, it is wise to bear strongly in mind and make sure that Allah is the top-most hearer of one's complaint, whilst a person fulfils the worldly necessities and means within Allah's obedience.
That way, one is saved from shirk (attempting to achieve from creation through that which angers Allah) and kufr (absolute denial of Allah).

Nobody can say for sure that Allah has forgiven, although they can have an idea of the situation and hope for grace, so it is best to turn to Allah as soon as one finds they made a mistake or recognized the gravity of their crime.

Remorse is the best tool to shut down bad wiring in the brain, but then correct thought and positive action in Allah's way are required in order to rewire the circuits properly so the Boss doesn't come and find it all in a mess.
He hates bad jobs, but also invalid excuses about why it wasn't fixed.

11. How many were the populations We utterly destroyed because of their iniquities, setting up in their places other peoples?
12. Yet, when they felt Our Punishment (coming), behold, they (tried to) flee from it.
13. Flee not, but return to the good things of this life which were given you, and to your homes in order that ye may be called to account.
14. They said: "Ah! woe to us! We were indeed wrong-doers!"
15. And that cry of theirs ceased not, till We made them as a field that is mown, as ashes silent and quenched.
16. Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between!

17. If it had been Our wish to take (just) a pastime, We should surely have taken it from the things nearest to Us, if We would do (such a thing)!
18. Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us).

From Quran, Chapter 21
So do I have hope of Allah's forgiveness?

Umm Malik
08-01-2017, 06:45 PM
( 53 ) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

( 133 ) And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous
( 134 ) Who spend [in the cause of Allah] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon the people - and Allah loves the doers of good;
( 135 ) And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.
( 136 ) Those - their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers.
3:133/136

( 82 ) But indeed, I am the Perpetual Forgiver of whoever repents and believes and does righteousness and then continues in guidance.
20:82

as long us you repaint sincerely and for the sake of Allah ... Allah will forgive you
because shaytan want us to lose hop in the mercy of Allah to lose hope and to stop making tawbah
don't follow his steps
and be sure that Allah will be happy with your tawbah more than you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-01-2017, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by the repenter13
So do I have hope of Allah's forgiveness?
How on earth am I meant to know if you have hope or not?
And why would you go on the internet and ask people if you have hope or not?
Amazing!

Anyway, Just hoping won't get you very far. Repentance has got to be genuine to be accepted as genuine repentance by God, otherwise that's it dude, you are finito, caput, end of story.....sort of.....here....but not after you die...... that's when u gonna get tortured and torn to bits, and then put back together and torn to bits, ad infinitum maybe.

Repent.

ahmedahmed
08-01-2017, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by the repenter13
Asalamualaikum. To make a long story short, I have been afflicted with many illnesses and I was not patient and I complained all the time. I then suffered from hypocrisy and I turned away from rememberance of Allah. Now I have been afflicted with a worse illness and I regret my past attitude so much and I cry many times a day for Allah to forgive me. But I'm scared that I won't be forgiven because of my disobedience and hypocrisy in the past. Am I doomed?. Please someone HELP ME!!!
even if your sins are as huge as mountain,allah will forgive you if you sincerely repent.my advice for you is to do alot of istighfar say "astaghfirullah" 100 times per day,it will wipe your sins inshalah and open you to the infinite mercy of allah.it is a powerful way to redeem your self and connect with the almighty allah.
make sure
-to pray regularly
-do your morning and afternoon zikr.
-lots of istighfar.

Abz2000
08-01-2017, 07:29 PM
41. Commemorate Our Servant Job. Behold he cried to his Lord: "verily Satan has afflicted me with distress and suffering!"
42. (The command was given: ) "Strike with thy foot: here is (water) wherein to wash, cool and refreshing, and (water) to drink."
43. And We gave him (back) his people, and doubled their number,- as a Grace from Ourselves, and a thing for commemoration, for all who have Understanding.
44. "And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath)." Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent in Our service! ever did he turn (to Us)!

From Quran, Chapter 38

greenhill
08-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I believe your question has been answered, pretty much.

There is always hope for repentance and forgiveness except for when the angel of death is on you and a certain time when kiamah is upon us. But hope alone is not enough. Intention, sincerity and genuine effort is also prerequisite. You should also look at forgiving yourself but not to forget. Take it as a very strong lesson and a solid reason to stay the path.

Not to dishearten you, just because you have sought forgiveness and have repented (and may even be a fantastic muslim, a role model, even after your sincere effort in transforming yourself) it does not mean that Allah's forgiveness will result in some form of relief. It may very well be that Allah will test your resolve further. It may get even testier! Who knows? We pray for relief. Don't go expecting it, though.

May you find patience whichever way it goes.

:peace:

STN
08-02-2017, 07:49 PM
I will make it easy for you.

Do you think your sins can exceed Allah's mercy?

SubhanAllah! I read this somewhere and was shocked like how arrogant and idiot am i to think my sins can surpass the Mercy of Ar-Rehman Ar-Raheem!. Allah (SWT) forgives people who do shirk! and lie about Him (Nauzbillah) - Christians but when they repent, they are forgiven. How merciful is HE!

This is a Saheeh hadith - watch this to get an idea of how exceedingly Merciful Allah is on His slaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiFKNwICS8U

This isn't just one, Allah says in Holy Quran in several places that He forgives if you repent sincerely from Him.

There is only one condition - sincerity. Do two rakats of Tawbah(forgiveness) prayer and ask no beg Allah for forgiveness and sincerely repent of never doing the bad sins you did and don't do it again. Cry, just one sincere tear coming out of your eyes from fear of Allah.

Don't think your illness is because of punishment from Allah. Think positive of Allah, there are hadiths that mention this and a story of an old man who didn't think positive of Allah and got what he wanted. Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8G4VSxQ9vQ

Go to a doctor, get yourself treated. Recite Surah Al Fatihah (it's a surah for healing) and Mu’wadaitain (Surah Nas and Surah Falaq) on the area where you're sick or on your whole body several times. Don't think for a second it is punishment, we can't bear punishment of Allah instead think positive of Allah.

May Allah make it easy for you!

Eric H
08-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Greetings and peace be with you STN;

Do you think your sins can exceed Allah's mercy?
No further explanation is needed. Never give up hope in Allah's Mercy.

Blessings,
Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.