/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As Salaamu Alaikum

Muslimahmom
08-04-2017, 11:34 PM
As salaamu Alaikum. My name is Elena and I am the mother of five beautiful children. I have recently converted to Islam and I feel so at peace with my choice. However, I feel there is so much to learn that it is a big overwhelming. I do not know any Muslims where I live, and to be honest they are looked on with suspicion which hurts my heart. I wish that I knew some Muslim sisters that could take me under their wing and teach me about Islam. However since I do not, I am making do with as much information as I can find online and reading the Quran. I am looking forward to getting to know you all Inshallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
newconvert22
08-05-2017, 12:06 AM
I know exactly what you mean! I have a 15 month old daughter myself. I have no mosque in my area and my husband is Christian. I still love and accept his beliefs and I honor him so much, but islam has opened many opportunities and new doors. I feel very alone as well and hope to find new muslim friends soon.

Hamza Asadullah
08-05-2017, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimahmom
As salaamu Alaikum. My name is Elena and I am the mother of five beautiful children. I have recently converted to Islam and I feel so at peace with my choice. However, I feel there is so much to learn that it is a big overwhelming. I do not know any Muslims where I live, and to be honest they are looked on with suspicion which hurts my heart. I wish that I knew some Muslim sisters that could take me under their wing and teach me about Islam. However since I do not, I am making do with as much information as I can find online and reading the Quran. I am looking forward to getting to know you all Inshallah.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

You are most welcome dear sister. I posted the following in another thread which also applies to you. I am not sure where you are sister but you can use the mosque finder feature to locate your nearest Masjid/Islamic Centre.

http://www.mosque-finder.com/

https://www.islamicfinder.org/

You can also connect to reverts online via forums like this or other Muslim websites in your country.

In the meantime please do look through the following thread for free resources for new Muslims:

Very useful Islamic Information for Reverts

If you need anymore help then please do not hesitate to ask.

STN
08-05-2017, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimahmom
:sl:

You are so right sister, there is so much to learn. I am a born Muslim 28 years old and i still learn a new thing everyday in fact i have tabs open with hour long videos that explain just few verses (ayat) of Holy Quran SubhanAllah and take hours!.

There are some incredible muslim sisters here who will be able to help you if you have any specific questions. If you can find a mosque or some muslim sister, that will definitely make things easier but worry not, Islam is an easy religion and you should have an easier time learning and becoming a good Muslimah inshaAllah.

May Allah make your journey to Islam easier and happier, Ameen!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
RisingLight
10-12-2017, 01:09 AM
Salam Alaikum we rahmetullah :) I know am late but Welcome to the forum . Have a great time here :)

Omar IL
11-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Wa Alaykum A-Salam Sister
do not be afraid and you will learn a lot with your sisters in this forum insha allah

The second point what if God admires you in your opinion it is necessary after that the admiration of the people? I do not think it will be useful to you!
You have made the right choice and in any case God will guide you to have (Rofqua Ssaliha) good sisters insha allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.