/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No Mosque in My Area...

newconvert22
08-05-2017, 12:18 AM
I'm a new convert with a husband and an infant child. My husband has not accepted islam (yet). And we have no mosque in my area. Just an Islamic center an hour away. All I have are apps on my phone and a Quran. Just wondering what I should do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-05-2017, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by newconvert22
I'm a new convert with a husband and an infant child. My husband has not accepted islam (yet). And we have no mosque in my area. Just an Islamic center an hour away. All I have are apps on my phone and a Quran. Just wondering what I should do?
Asalaamu Alaikum,

You are most welcome dear sister. I am not sure where you are sister but you can use the mosque finder feature to locate your nearest Masjid/Islamic Centre.

http://www.mosque-finder.com/

https://www.islamicfinder.org/

You can also connect to reverts online via forums like this or other Muslim websites in your country.

In the meantime please do look through the following thread for free resources for new Muslims:

Very useful Islamic Information for Reverts

If you need anymore help then please do not hesitate to ask.

STN
08-05-2017, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by newconvert22
SubhanAllah sister!, welcome to the religion of truth.

Have you taken your shahada? If you have, since you're a woman you don't have the obligation of going to a mosque for prayer but it certainly makes things easier, get information and be guided.

You should now learn how to offer prayer and then reading Holy Quran - slowly learn how to recite it if you don't know arabic yet but you can read it with translation for now and still get good rewards inshaAllah.

Brother Hamza Asadullah posted a good thread which you should give a read especially understanding the beliefs and pillars of Islam which are absolutely must to believe in to be a Muslim.

And i want to advise you strongly on something, please be careful which sites you visit on the internet. There are a lot of anti-islamic websites that spread lies, hatred and can misguide you so if you have questions you can ask us on this forum (MashaAllah, this forum is completely safe and full of good Muslims who can guide you to what Islam really teaches).

And remember Islam is an easy religion, don't make it hard. If you ever find something hard, pray sincerely to Allah for guidance and ask for forgiveness. You should have an easy time getting used to and becoming a good Muslimah soon inshaAllah

http://www.arabnews.com/islam-perspective/news/726926

newconvert22
08-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Thank you very much for your guiding words! Allah bless you! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
08-05-2017, 04:19 AM
as'salaamu alaikum (peace be upon you )

welcome and congratulations on returning to the path we all are born upon. What you should do is learn as much as you can not only for yourself but also so that you can help your husband see the truth and come to Islam as well, especially if you want to stay together.

As to how you should go about learning more, here's a good site to start with: http://www.newmuslims.com/

For any questions or clarifications you can come and ask here.

SeekersElite
08-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Jazakallah Khairan Katheeran. You are highly welcome to Islam. Maasha Allah. You are on the right path. May Allah Almighty guide your husband too. AMEN.<br><br>

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.