/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making Hajj without a Muslim name or Shahadah Certificate

newconvert22
08-05-2017, 04:13 AM
Blessings Everyone,
I am a recent female convert to Islam and have a heartfelt desire to make Hajj in the next few years. However, I have not taken a muslim name and said Shahadah at home with Allah as my witness and no official documents to show I am muslim to enter Mecca. Is there any advice/knowledge on this topic? Will I still be able to make Hajj?
Thank you,
Sophia

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
08-05-2017, 06:37 AM
Greetings,

While that is a noble goal, it is not a high priority. Hajj becomes obligatory when one is free of all financial obligations and is able to physically and financially perform it. For now you should focus on building your foundation with sound authentic knowledge and being able to establish the first 4 pillars of Islam. Regarding your name, you do not have to change it unless it has a bad meaning. And since it will be a few years before you decide to perform the hajj, I wouldn't worry about the documents. However, you can get such documents at any time. You can go to a nearby mosque or contact them via phone and plan a visit there. They can issue you one easily for the purpose of hajj.

you can read more about it here

muslimtravelgirl.boardingarea. com/the-one-thing-every-muslim-convert-should-have-when-going-for-umrah/

azc
08-05-2017, 07:30 AM
:sl: plz visit any masjid or Islamic center

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
Greetings,While that is a noble goal, it is not a high priority. Hajj becomes obligatory when one is free of all financial obligations and is able to physically and financially perform it. For now you should focus on building your foundation with sound authentic knowledge and being able to establish the first 4 pillars of Islam. Regarding your name, you do not have to change it unless it has a bad meaning. And since it will be a few years before you decide to perform the hajj, I wouldn't worry about the documents. However, you can get such documents at any time. You can go to a nearby mosque or contact them via phone and plan a visit there. They can issue you one easily for the purpose of hajj. you can read more about it heremuslimtravelgirl.boardingarea. com/the-one-thing-every-muslim-convert-should-have-when-going-for-umrah/
http://www.darulfatwa.org.au/en/who-...-perform-hajj/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.