/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your new sister in Islam

soulforAllah
08-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum to all my sisters and brothers in Islam!

I am here with the intention to become a better muslim and hence get closer to Allah subhaanua ta'ala. I also intend to spend my time productively under the guidance of Islam by being in this forum.

I would like to introduce you a little about myself so that you understand the support I seek from all of you.

It has been six years that I had suffered from depression. By the mercy of Allah I am well now Alhamdulillah. But through these hurdles of depression I alienated myself and lost all my friends. Meanwhile I completed my studies and taught in a school for a year but I could not continue working for poor work environment. I tried applying in other places but I wasn't permitted by my wali as the commute was unsafe and then they want me to pursue post graduation because they think it will facilitate my marriage. However I don't want to study any further and want to get married and start a new family.

Despite receiving many proposals, nothing works out at the end for no obvious reason and I am not able to get married. I am trying my best to be patient and praying to Allah to help me complete half of my deen. However, it is becoming more difficult being at home and I feel like I am a burden to my family as they face the societal pressure of having an unmarried daughter at home. I earnestly request you all to keep me in your prayers and suggest me with any supplication and solution to remove this invisible block in my life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
08-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Do the best you can. Don't wear that burden of not being married on your shoulders. If you let societal pressure get to you, you will have a miserable life.

Wishing you a great stay and much relief on the home front.

:peace:

sister herb
08-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Wa alaykumussalam

Welcome to forum.

soulforAllah
08-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Jazak Allah Khair greenhill and sister herb. Your welcome means a lot to me :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
08-06-2017, 06:30 PM
wa alaikum as'salaam

Despite receiving many proposals, nothing works out at the end for no obvious reason and I am not able to get married.
Although not always the case, but often such things are related to evil eye and magic, done by those envious of you.

Best way to curtail such blockage is to do ruqyah, in addition to reciting the surahs (3 Quls) and duas for protection from such evils.

For marriage, incorporate the following dua in your prayers and make it with 2 nawfil prayers often as you can

“Our Lord! Grant unto us spouses and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous. (Rabbana hab lana min azwajina wa dhurriyatina qurrata a`yunin wa’j`alna li’l muttaqina imama)” [Qur’an, 25:74]
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَاماً

LaSorcia
08-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Welcome, and I pray that Allah grant you east and that your invisible block is removed.

SeekersElite
08-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Jazakallah Khairan for joining this forum. You are welcome Insh-Allah

ahmedahmed
08-06-2017, 09:15 PM
may allah make your life easier and forgive your sins.shower you with his blessings and mercy.innahu ala kuli shey qadeer.

soulforAllah
08-07-2017, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
wa alaikum as'salaam

Although not always the case, but often such things are related to evil eye and magic, done by those envious of you.

Best way to curtail such blockage is to do ruqyah, in addition to reciting the surahs (3 Quls) and duas for protection from such evils.

For marriage, incorporate the following dua in your prayers and make it with 2 nawfil prayers often as you can

“Our Lord! Grant unto us spouses and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous. (Rabbana hab lana min azwajina wa dhurriyatina qurrata a`yunin wa’j`alna li’l muttaqina imama)” [Qur’an, 25:74]
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَاماً

Jazak Allah Khair for your great advice brother, I will in shaa Allah do accordingly. Please pray for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Lasorcia, Seekerselite and Ahmedahmed I pray for you all too. I am delighted by the warmth of your prayers and welcome Alhamdulillah! :Emoji46:

Simple_Person
08-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh sister,

Welcome tot he forum.

I feel like I am a burden to my family as they face the societal pressure of having an unmarried daughter at home
Do you want to be a stranger? Because i LOVE to be a stranger..

===Hadith======
“Islam began as something strange and will go back to being strange, so glad tidings to the strangers.” It was said: “Who are the strangers?’ He said: “Strangers who have left their families and tribes.”

Source used: https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/36/63
=============

With the hadith refering to what society thinks of you. Do remind your family to also NOT look or listen what people say, rather what Allah sees and thinks of them.

Do not look at what other people look or think of you, because you can NEVER satisfy people even IF you were to marry today.

Umm Malik
08-08-2017, 03:50 PM
don't harm yourself with this thing because it can change in in the best time but Allah know the best time of this
to be not Mary is not shameless thing because this is a test as any test in this life ... you might be in your husband's house suffering ... as many girls who they regret after marriage because of the problems they face in them marriage -and that was also test of them -
but rather try to wait for the help of Allah while you increase your Iman because this is the best thing which can make your life good as a girl and when you become a wife
this life is short sister ... don't depress your self for something Allah is preparing for you with mercy and love and wisdom
make a lot of istighfar
ask Allah I the time when it rains and at the third part of night and after adan and this good times of douaa
may Allah help you and give you the best

cinnamonrolls1
08-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Salam alaikum sister and welcome to the forum!
Don't let pressure from society snd the Dunya get you down because if you keep thinking about what others will think you're never gonna be happy.
Im praying that Allah swt will help you find the man of your dreams!
If you ever want to talk or anything just private message me
Salam

STN
08-09-2017, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdPxBgzd6s

soulforAllah
08-10-2017, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh sister,

Welcome tot he forum.

Do you want to be a stranger? Because i LOVE to be a stranger..

===Hadith======
“Islam began as something strange and will go back to being strange, so glad tidings to the strangers.” It was said: “Who are the strangers?’ He said: “Strangers who have left their families and tribes.”

Source used: https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/36/63
=============

With the hadith refering to what society thinks of you. Do remind your family to also NOT look or listen what people say, rather what Allah sees and thinks of them.

Do not look at what other people look or think of you, because you can NEVER satisfy people even IF you were to marry today.

Thank you so much for your great message and the funny picture which describes our reality of the society we live in.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
don't harm yourself with this thing because it can change in in the best time but Allah know the best time of this
to be not Mary is not shameless thing because this is a test as any test in this life ... you might be in your husband's house suffering ... as many girls who they regret after marriage because of the problems they face in them marriage -and that was also test of them -
but rather try to wait for the help of Allah while you increase your Iman because this is the best thing which can make your life good as a girl and when you become a wife
this life is short sister ... don't depress your self for something Allah is preparing for you with mercy and love and wisdom
make a lot of istighfar
ask Allah I the time when it rains and at the third part of night and after adan and this good times of douaa
may Allah help you and give you the best
Thank you very much for your advice and supportive post and I will do accordingly in shaa Allah

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Salam alaikum sister and welcome to the forum!
Don't let pressure from society snd the Dunya get you down because if you keep thinking about what others will think you're never gonna be happy.
Im praying that Allah swt will help you find the man of your dreams!
If you ever want to talk or anything just private message me
Salam
Walaikum salam sister, I feel happy by your kind welcome. I will keep in touch in shaa Allah :D

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by STN
Thank you for this great informative video Alhamdulillah!

Umm Malik
08-10-2017, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulforAllah
Thank you so much for your great message and the funny picture which describes our reality of the society we live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much for your advice and supportive post and I will do accordingly in shaa Allah

- - - Updated - - -

Walaikum salam sister, I feel happy by your kind welcome. I will keep in touch in shaa Allah :D

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this great informative video Alhamdulillah!
you are welcome sister ..may Allah make everything easy for you

noraina
08-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Perhaps this is a little late, but welcome to IslamicBoard, in'sha'Allah you'll love it here. And I'm quite sure you'll find many friends among the sisters here, we're quite close-knit alhamdulillah.

Life does come with ups and downs. Maybe you could work in an Islamic school or a girl's school, or one closer to home?

And don't consider yourself a burden to your family because you're not married - your family love you, no matter what. Yes, sometimes your parents can fret about your marriage (trust me, personal experience), but it's just because they want to see their daughter settled down and want what is best for you. But don't worry or overthink this - marriage is such a beautiful bond and sometimes it can take time to find the right person.

And don't make marriage the be all and end all. Definitely continue looking, with the help of your family, and friends and community, for any proposals. But also work on and invest in yourself - you could continue your studies, or do some hobbies you like, or volunteer to do stuff in the local community. :)

I think we can sometimes begin to worry when things don't go according to how we planned them in our heads. Life is really unexpected. You don't know what's going to happen tomorrow let alone in a few years. Just try your best and trust in Allah, no effort will go to waste. :)

RisingLight
10-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Salam Alaikum we rahmetullah :) I know am late but Welcome to the forum . Have a great time here :)

soulforAllah
10-18-2017, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

Perhaps this is a little late, but welcome to IslamicBoard, in'sha'Allah you'll love it here. And I'm quite sure you'll find many friends among the sisters here, we're quite close-knit alhamdulillah.

Life does come with ups and downs. Maybe you could work in an Islamic school or a girl's school, or one closer to home?

And don't consider yourself a burden to your family because you're not married - your family love you, no matter what. Yes, sometimes your parents can fret about your marriage (trust me, personal experience), but it's just because they want to see their daughter settled down and want what is best for you. But don't worry or overthink this - marriage is such a beautiful bond and sometimes it can take time to find the right person.

And don't make marriage the be all and end all. Definitely continue looking, with the help of your family, and friends and community, for any proposals. But also work on and invest in yourself - you could continue your studies, or do some hobbies you like, or volunteer to do stuff in the local community. :)

I think we can sometimes begin to worry when things don't go according to how we planned them in our heads. Life is really unexpected. You don't know what's going to happen tomorrow let alone in a few years. Just try your best and trust in Allah, no effort will go to waste. :)
JazakAllah khair sister! I loved everything you said mashaa Allah.
Alhamdulillah I am feeling at peace now regardless of no prospect in marriage yet. Isn't Allah the best of all planners and all we can do is give our best effort and leave worries in the faith of Allah's plan Allahu Akbar!

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

Alhamdulillah I am feeling at peace now regardless of no prospect in marriage yet. Isn't Allah the best of all planners and all we can do is give our best effort and leave worries in the faith of Allah's plan Allahu Akbar!

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by DyingLight
Salam Alaikum we rahmetullah :) I know am late but Welcome to the forum . Have a great time here :)
JazakAllah Khair for your warm welcome! It means a lot to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no I posted the same reply twice :( there's no way to edit this. Is there?

RisingLight
10-18-2017, 06:33 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

JazakAllah Khair for your warm welcome! It means a lot to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no I posted the same reply twice :( there's no way to edit this. Is there?

There is lol. Look to the bottom of your post next to the Reply button,if there is a button Edit post then click it if not then you cant

soulforAllah
10-18-2017, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DyingLight
There is lol. Look to the bottom of your post next to the Reply button,if there is a button Edit post then click it if not then you cant
Nope none [emoji26]
Could be because I am on mobile app [emoji16]

sister herb
10-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Nope none [emoji26]
I think it´s because you are still as Limited member. You have to post 25 posts to become full member. Then you can edit your posts.

But don´t worry, those "double post in same post" is quite normal in here. It has happened to most of us.

soulforAllah
10-18-2017, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I think it´s because you are still as Limited member. You have to post 25 posts to become full member. Then you can edit your posts.

But don´t worry, those "double post in same post" is quite normal in here. It has happened to most of us.
JazakAllah khair sister herb! [emoji5]

RisingLight
10-18-2017, 08:33 PM
Nope none [emoji26]
Just leave it no worries.I am sure the sister doesnt mind,lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.