/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam & music?

Scottish Celt
08-06-2017, 05:22 PM
First of all,im not talking about ganster rap or seedy rubbish you see in the American/Brittish chart music,but cultural Islamic music,Im not on about nasheeds either(which I enjoy listning too) with/without music more of Arabic or Turk/Kurdish style Dabke & Halay music,it doesn't promote Allah(swt) but is important to Islamic culture but is this seen as Haram?..Islamic culture/music is one of a good few things that inspired me to Islam.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops made a mistake in thread title,it was supposed to say ''Islam & music'' not ''Islam & Muslim''...Can admin chane it please??:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scottish Celt
08-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Thank you admins:D

Zzz_
08-06-2017, 06:20 PM
:salam:

nasheeds come in two flavors, with musical instruments and without. Nasheeds by themselves area allowed so long as one does not over do it and it does not distract them from their religious obligations.

The prohibition in regards to music is on musical instruments with the exception of a duff/daff ( a one sided drum).

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).

This hadeeth indicates in two ways that musical instruments and enjoyment of listening to music are haraam. The first is the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “[they] permit” which clearly indicates that the things mentioned, including musical instruments, are haraam according to sharee’ah, but those people will permit them. The second is the fact that musical instruments are mentioned alongside things which are definitely known to be haraam, i.e., zinaa and alcohol: if they (musical instruments) were not haraam, why would they be mentioned alongside these things? (adapted from al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 1/140-141)

https://islamqa.info/en/5000

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.