PDA

View Full Version : My job issue!



xa_xa_ft
08-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Hey guys,

Im upset over something and so wanted to get it off my chest!

So i have been working in this company for 3 years and i felt it was the right time for me to apply for another job within the same company as i felt i had the skills for that position anyways i went for an interview and i dont think i got the job ( as they are interviewing more people) what im sad about is that this guy who knew less than me got the position a year ago only because he "goes to pubs" with them after work and so on. Its really unfair.

I try and tell myself that maybe that job is not in my rizq maybe Allah does not wish it for me but i still feel sad over it.

I also feel like whats the point stying there but i really like the company and the hours.

How do i feel better aboht this situation?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
08-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Don't think so negatively sis. This could be a blessing in disguise. Instead of feeling like you don't deserve the job, it could be that Allah is saving something much better for you inshallah. Say Alhemdulilah and be patient with Allah's plans for you. :) Also you have not been given an answer yet so there could still be a chance.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Thanks charisma i guess you are right :) i guess i should be patient. Thanks
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Ok so i still havent heard anything and they are still interviewing ... if they liked me they wouldnt have interviewed more candidates and would have given me the job.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 01:44 PM
I feel so sad
Reply

Simple_Person
08-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Sister, to "want" something, doesn't mean it is good for you. There are sometimes jobs, that "expect" from you to become their CARBON copies. They do zina, so the EXPECT you also to do it. They go to the pub and enjoy free-mixing, so they expect you also to do it.

With a job there is more than only the job itself. There are those "hidden" rules of for example being part of a group of the gossiping-group or favoritism, while gossiping as well as favoritism is clearly forbidden in islam. They expect you to behave like they do. They do not like honest people who speak out the truth.

Remember being "sad" about it, is also rather going against destiny of Allah. Remember one of the six pillars of imaan is accepting the good and the bad destiny. By being sad is rather not agreeing to Allah not having given it to you. Be very careful with this mentality, it could costs you your place in paradise. Such a small thing to you, but a HUGE thing from the religious perspective.
Reply

Grandad
08-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
Ok so i still havent heard anything and they are still interviewing ... if they liked me they wouldnt have interviewed more candidates and would have given me the job.
Maybe. Very much depends on their recruitment and selection procedures. Many companies have a rule that says all internal applicants must be interviewed (this is especially true of public companies). You can only wait until the selection process is complete. Be patient!
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Hi - i do try to see it from the perspective if Allah wills it will happen but then i dont deserve to be treated as an option in this office? What i mean is if they dont want me for whatever reason they should tell me not make me wait to see if they can get someone better. Its unfair. Its times like this i feel allah is not around and these stupid people have control over my life.. if that makes sense.
Reply

Grandad
08-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
Its times like this i feel allah is not around and these stupid people have control over my life.. if that makes sense.
Er....no...on both counts!
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 02:37 PM
So you think if i dont get the job its Allahs will?
Reply

Simple_Person
08-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
Hi - i do try to see it from the perspective if Allah wills it will happen but then i dont deserve to be treated as an option in this office? What i mean is if they dont want me for whatever reason they should tell me not make me wait to see if they can get someone better. Its unfair. Its times like this i feel allah is not around and these stupid people have control over my life.. if that makes sense.
I think you have forgotten about the signs of the end times. The world will be FILLED with corrupt/injustice. I do not think that the place where you work will stay free from corruption/injustice.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
So you think if i dont get the job its Allahs will?
NOTHING happens what Allah does not want ;).

"And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew." Qur'an 2:102

You have done what is within your limits and if it does not happen, then it is indeed NOT destined for you. When one does not do whatever is within their limits, well Allah does not change your situation when you do not try everything within your capacity.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Ok so i can fully believe that Allah is in control and what he wills will happen. Instead of the fact that these idiots here will not give me the job because they want someone that will mix in well with them.
Reply

Simple_Person
08-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
Ok so i can fully believe that Allah is in control and what he wills will happen. Instead of the fact that these idiots here will not give me the job because they want someone that will mix in well with them.
Please do NOT call them "idiots". A Muslim should NEVER talk about other people badly even if you dislike them, because a Muslim does not cause harm to others even with words. Do remember there is truth and there is harm. When speaking the truth but somebody dislikes it, that is not harm to them. However saying idiot, is not rather any constructing feedback towards them rather just a insult. We Muslim do not insult others even if they insult us as insulting back is also harming.

It could be that indeed they want somebody with the same mentality. Do remember often when some company is looking for a person, the hidden part they are looking for is FAR more important than being qualified for the job. I mean if you have a person who is not very social, although is excellent with his job, does not really fit in to the team of people. Being social towards our colleagues is a VERY important if not the most important part. Sadly these days as sheytan is ruler of the world of today by having corruption spread to every aspect of life, it is hard for Muslims to stick to their Islamic principles. So you either have to join them or you can abstain from it.

I do believe however that one can change people by bringing out their fitrah although they might being people of other faiths including atheists. To be able to do this is rather change your core and not behave like they do. What i mean by this is, when they act arrogant, you rather be loving. When they put you down with others, you try to speak in private with the individual that has put you down with others and make it clear to him/her that you respect him and it is not nice to put each other down in front of others. They will even respect you more, as people with principles have almost died out these days. Show them you are the flashlight in the dark cave (ie Muslim Character). Tip: Study human psychology to be able to do this and off course always make dua for sabr (being patient)
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 03:00 PM
So your saying all i can do is sabar and have hope that everything will work out for the best.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 03:00 PM
And when someone upsets me or hurts me i can only pray god guides them.
Reply

Eric H
08-14-2017, 05:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you xa_xa_ft;

And when someone upsets me or hurts me i can only pray god guides them.
I have put in my fifty years of work, and I am still working part time now. I can only say the majority of jobs I have done have just been a grind. We do not get to choose the people we work with, and we do not get to choose the boss we work under, we are just paid to do something. I learned long ago to just try and do the best I can, and to put up with all the unfairness, backbiting and squabbling that often goes on in the workplace. We get paid because we do something that we would not normally want to do voluntarily.

If you are to pray, then maybe pray for patience, kindness the wisdom, strength and the peace to do the will of Allah. Pray that you might be a blessing to those you work with and ask Allah to bless them too.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,
Eric
Reply

Simple_Person
08-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
So your saying all i can do is sabar and have hope that everything will work out for the best.
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
And when someone upsets me or hurts me i can only pray god guides them.
====Hadith=====
Iyad ibn Himar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, Allah has revealed to me that you should be humble, such that none of you transgresses or boasts against another.” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, what do you think about a man who reviles me in a lowly assembly and I respond to him; am I sinful?” The Prophet said, “Two people who revile each other are like two devils accusing and denying each other.”

Source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...er-are-devils/
=============

Always respond with which is better. Based on my observations and pondering about the results and my behavior in both the situations (responding with the same..ie insulting back or responding with wisdom, calmness and respect) i have concluded that indeed responding with wisdom, calmness and respect although that individual insulted you, one achieves more.

What am i talking about?

Let's say somebody insults me in a gathering, by responding with good back, people in the gathering will respect you even more because they see somebody that responds with patient and wisdom, also that individual that insulted you might even learn from your response. If they have even a ounce of of fitrah left in them, they will see and understand your response. They will see that they themselves are the transgressors and people by default (according to their fitrah) acknowledge when they have done bad and regret immediately. Be the constructor of relationships between people and yourself not the destroyer. Remember, people with principles and wisdom have almost vanished from the face of the earth these days. The most impatient and disgusting people are the elderly these days if you ask me (majority of them). Why do i say this? When somebody has lived their life, gaining life experience one should have learned from it and been shaped to be the best amount people. To be role models as they have taken the time during their lives to KNOW and UNDERSTAND what is important (character, wisdom, patience, fear of Allah), while these days the elderly LESS patient, have LESS wisdom, practice the deen as a routine thing, what comes out of their mouths is mostly rubbish (politics, money, women, boasting, arrogance, pride..)

This indeed can also be explained. Every process consists of three activities.

Input --> Processing --> Output

In the past when somebody had a conversation with you (Input) you thought about what you just gained as knowledge (processing). After processing you could wring the wisdom out of it (Output). Thus every piece of information that you gained was processed and the output was given. Thus after so many years through out their lives one had ONLY output left..(ie wisdom and patient).

These days, when somebody does not talk to you (input), somebody is listening to music (input), when that does not happen, one is watching tv (input), when that is not happening, one is sleeping. Thus somebody is being programmed as there is no time left to process the input. Which as outcomes means, there is not wisdom to be made.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 06:11 PM
All im saying is that when ive applied for the position within the company why look for other candidates and not tell me whether or not i got the job? Thats just lame. Its broken my heart.
Reply

Simple_Person
08-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
All im saying is that when ive applied for the position within the company why look for other candidates and not tell me whether or not i got the job? Thats just lame. Its broken my heart.
Through out ones life you will notice people have some mentality that you cannot find any reason for it to exist, however the reality is it does exist. What i mean by that is they have 1000 reasons to not hire you for that, although every one of those 1000 reasons might be illogical, irrational and unreasonable, but that is the issue, these days people do not abide by logic, rationality and reason. Rather they abide by "feelings".

Do not desire to want something except that which brings you closer to Allah. Try to not desire for example more money, UNLESS you planning to let's say give away 90% in sadaq so to say. (10.000 euro a month leaving 1000 euro left for you to live a humble life). As money is also a test for a person. That is for example if you ask me a GOOD intention to want something.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Its hard not to desire for things in life. I guess Allah is testing me. I will just raise my hands to him and ask for the best.
Reply

Simple_Person
08-14-2017, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
Its hard not to desire for things in life. I guess Allah is testing me. I will just raise my hands to him and ask for the best.
That is the whole test to throw away your free will and desiring everything except what pleases Allah. The more you do that, the more content you become. I know it sounds strange to not "desire" things, but that is the struggle we signed up for to be able to surpass angels.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Ok so i got the Job but no pay rise. How unfair. Whats the point of taking the job. Apparently they don't have the money so maybe at the end of the year.
Reply

Simple_Person
08-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
Ok so i got the Job but no pay rise. How unfair. Whats the point of taking the job. Apparently they don't have the money so maybe at the end of the year.
La hawla wala quwwata illa billah, indeed Allah bring ups what people try to hide.

So you NEVER cared about job in the first place. This whole topic was nonsense that you even started it. All you were after was money in the end, not really the job. If you are so in love with money..there are a lot of other jobs..but not halal indeed.

I also feel like whats the point stying there but i really like the company and the hours.
Crying this whole time about the job, the company is good, the hours are good..all that comes down was MONEY..GREEN..MONEY!!..Sorry to say this sister, but people with your mentality i run away from. May Allah keep people with your mentality away from many other Muslims who hate such mentality.

This for other people to read, is what it looks like being ungrateful.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Why do people work hard so that they can earn more money and ofcourse progress? Why do people go to work to earn money? If it wasnt about money i would have done voluntary work anywhere? Please be mindful with your words as i feel your making me sound like a money hungry person. My point here was i got the job but no payrise -again the man the moved a year before got the payrise. Its unfair.
Reply

Simple_Person
08-23-2017, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
Why do people work hard so that they can earn more money and ofcourse progress? Why do people go to work to earn money? If it wasnt about money i would have done voluntary work anywhere? Please be mindful with your words as i feel your making me sound like a money hungry person. My point here was i got the job but no payrise -again the man the moved a year before got the payrise. Its unfair.
From post one you should have said clearly.

I person X, work 3 years at company X, i like the hours and the company. I WANT MORE MONEY..because i FEEL LIKE I DESERVE MORE MONEY!!.. You know what you deserve sister? You deserve a slap around your head.

You have no idea what Islam is about. We as Muslims deserve ****. We say ALHAMDULILLAH for everything we get. Try to let this sink in to your head, because the more you have this mentality, the more you will suffer in the sense of losing imaan and trust in Allah. The more you from the bottom of your heart say, Alhamdulillah, the more you will even get. But that is not for people who to easily apply to their character. It is for people who reflect and ponder. Such people and there are more than enough on this forum and in life i have seen, these people work on them selves. Read my signature.

"....Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves...." Qur'an 13:11

Why do you think i have that signature? CHANGE YOURSELVES, because this time getting the job, but going on this path it looks rather like the last thing you will end up is losing everything that this world and life has to offer in what is of some value..which is Islam. I am warning you, don't take this warning lightly.
Reply

M.I.A.
08-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Is this a case of gender inequality within the workplace o_0

Strange.

Reminds me of the time i got a promotion within six months of joining a company.

..and let go a few weeks after being promoted. :|

Strange strange days.

Nearly 10 years ago now but it is what it is.
..
..

Take it as a blessing and a chance to prove yourself.

Accept new responsibilities.

Show competence.

Show skill.

Make it your own.

...as you say, its progress.


Or being taken advantage off..

Whatever.


A new line on the c.v.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-23-2017, 09:57 PM
@simple person your trying to say that despite working hard its ok if i dont get a paid promotion when others in the company do? Or it doesnt matter if im treated unfairly at work because thats what god has willed. I am very grateful to my lord for giving me what he has and what he hasnt. However, all im saying that sometimes its unfair that people get treated differently for age,race or on how social they are etc.


Never mind all i pray to my lord is that he gives me the strength and courage to work hard. After all he is the provider surely he will provide me with whats best for me.
Reply

OnePath
08-23-2017, 10:17 PM
Reply

keiv
08-24-2017, 12:59 AM
Well, naturally, when you get a new position which requires more work/skills (does your require either?), it will usually come with better pay. If your working as much or even less in this new position versus your old one but like the new position more, look at that as a benefit despite not getting a raise. If you are in fact working harder but are getting paid the same, there is certainly nothing wrong with having a complaint in that case, imo. Unfortunately, when you work for other people, things tend to not always go your way unless you're part of the 'click'. I have way more responsibility than another guy in my department yet we both get paid the same. I don't complain because I'm gaining more experience than him which will make me more valuable once I decide to go somewhere else. Despite it being unfair, try to be patient and look at whatever positives this may bring to you whether now or in the future.
Reply

Simple_Person
08-24-2017, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by xa_xa_ft
@simple person your trying to say that despite working hard its ok if i dont get a paid promotion when others in the company do? Or it doesnt matter if im treated unfairly at work because thats what god has willed. I am very grateful to my lord for giving me what he has and what he hasnt. However, all im saying that sometimes its unfair that people get treated differently for age,race or on how social they are etc.


Never mind all i pray to my lord is that he gives me the strength and courage to work hard. After all he is the provider surely he will provide me with whats best for me.
This part of Islam.."of me working hard so Allah NEEDS TO GIVE ME X, Y and Z. Allah doesn't owe you anything..even if you would work every single hour of every single day of the week.

This part of Islam many don't get. You think those eyes that you are able to read what I have typed was because "Allah owed you"?. You work and do your best. If Allah decides to give you more money you say Alhamdulillah. .if Allah decides that He does not give you more money you say Alhamdullilah. However this part you simply don't u de stand it even one bit.

Understanding comes from Allah not me. The question you rather should ask yourself..what is it that prevents that Allah gives me understanding of this mindset?. My guess is there is much you don't care about which is important In Islam or that you do care about which is not important in Islam. How do you find out what those things are.??

Reflect..reflect..reflect.
Reply

xa_xa_ft
08-28-2017, 09:37 PM
Thankyou All for the lovely advice :) i have decided to take the job and leave the pay issue in the hope that if its in my rizq to have more than i will and if its not then nothing i can do about that.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 12:47 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 01:51 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!