/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not getting the fruit of my hard work.

Mushtaq
08-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Asalam alikum ! my brothers and sisters, i worked hard and prayed hard to get a job but got rejected 4 times in an interview even after topping the written tests,just because i have no reference, they rejected me four times and selected my juniors. Now i can't sleep at night, thinking from where can i get the reference? i'v recently recovered myself from depression but i'm not getting the fruit of my hard work.Islam tells me about positive thinking and patience and hope but i dont know where to go.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Simple_Person
08-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Wa-Alaikuma salam wa rahmatullah,

The assumption that you "deserve" certain job is already what is wrong with your mentality. You deserve NOTHING, Allah gives you what He wants to give you.

Let me give you certain why a person might not get a job.

- You feel as if you are entitled to have certain job/things. You are entitled to NOTHING..always keep that in mind.
- Allah does not give you certain job, because it might be harmful to you (ie. causes you to be lazy or forgetful of your REAL duties (worship), or lose your deen all together because of the people working there)
- Allah does not give you a certain job, as maybe he wants more praise from you towards him (ie submission and acknowledgement).
- Allah does not give you a certain job, because it is a test how you would react if you would not get it. As some people would lose their faith all together. This again referring to point 1 of feeling ENTITLED to it.
- Allah does not give you a certain job, because He has something better for you.

Off course Allah knows best, but i would advice you to reflect more often and look on what categories do you lack in worship or character etc. I can guarantee you, there is always room for improvement on all sides. Also be patient.

STN
08-13-2017, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mushtaq
Asalam alikum ! my brothers and sisters, i worked hard and prayed hard to get a job but got rejected 4 times in an interview even after topping the written tests,just because i have no reference, they rejected me four times and selected my juniors. Now i can't sleep at night, thinking from where can i get the reference? i'v recently recovered myself from depression but i'm not getting the fruit of my hard work.Islam tells me about positive thinking and patience and hope but i dont know where to go.
Make sincere dua to Allah especially in the late parts of night at Tahajud and believe that Allah has accepted it and don't be hasty.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The invocation of anyone of you is granted (by Allah) if he does not show impatience (by saying, "I invoked Allah but my request has not been granted.")

Provision is increased by asking forgiveness from Allah and charity so give a lot of sadqa (charity)

https://quran.com/71/10-12

And said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver.
He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers
And give you increase in wealth and children and provide for you gardens and provide for you rivers.

https://islamqa.info/en/190097

If you're still not getting the job then it must not be right for you. Do istikhira.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.