/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this shirk?

mezzi_sohal
08-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Basically, I was just playing around pretending to be a model and posing in the mirror and pretending to be one of my fans. I imagined comments like "Wow she's the most beautiful girl in the world," "She's the height of natural beauty." just for fun, but when I started saying them out loud, I feared it was shirk, even though I had no intention to do anything like that. I stopped immediately and made dua. Have I committed shirk?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mezzi_sohal
08-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Basically, I was just playing around pretending to be a model and posing in the mirror and pretending to be one of my fans. I imagined comments like "Wow she's the most beautiful girl in the world," "She's the height of natural beauty." just for fun, but when I started saying them out loud, I feared it was shirk, even though I had no intention to do anything like that. I stopped immediately and made dua. Have I committed shirk?

Simple_Person
08-15-2017, 12:44 PM
One has to ask themselves why to admire somebody.

Beauty? talent? being rich? these and many other abilities are rather misplaced to give them the admiration. Why? Beauty, talent, being rich etc. are rather GIVEN to them by Allah, so why admire somebody that has it received, rather admire the One that has given it to them. Which you automatically come to Allah.

Also, if we talk about creation, if you admire somebody, the question you then need to as yourself is does that individual admire you back? Remember Rasullah(saws) he said he missed his brothers.

=====Hadith======
Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “I wish I could meet my brothers.” The Prophet’s companions said, “Are we not your brothers?” The Prophet said, “You are my companions, but my brothers are those who have faith in me although they never saw me.”

Source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...never-saw-him/
===============

Or when he cried for his Ummah..would somebody you admire these days cry back for you?

http://lifeofprophet.com/about-proph...for-his-ummah/

When i understood these things, love and admiration left my heart for anybody else besides the person that cried for me before Allah even had given life to my own parents. Having admiration and love for my Rasul(saws) is strengthening my love for my Rabb because he sent such a merciful man that would cry over me 1400 years back. So in your heart correct your love to those that deserve it based on perspective of Allah, not perspective of yourself.

mezzi_sohal
08-15-2017, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
One has to ask themselves why to admire somebody.

Beauty? talent? being rich? these and many other abilities are rather misplaced to give them the admiration. Why? Beauty, talent, being rich etc. are rather GIVEN to them by Allah, so why admire somebody that has it received, rather admire the One that has given it to them. Which you automatically come to Allah.

Also, if we talk about creation, if you admire somebody, the question you then need to as yourself is does that individual admire you back? Remember Rasullah(saws) he said he missed his brothers.

=====Hadith======
Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “I wish I could meet my brothers.” The Prophet’s companions said, “Are we not your brothers?” The Prophet said, “You are my companions, but my brothers are those who have faith in me although they never saw me.”

Source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...never-saw-him/
===============

Or when he cried for his Ummah..would somebody you admire these days cry back for you?

http://lifeofprophet.com/about-proph...for-his-ummah/

When i understood these things, my love for admiration left my heart for anybody else besides the person that cried for me before Allah even had given life to my own parents. Having admiration and love for my Rasul(saws) is strengthening my love for my Rabb because he sent such a merciful man that would cry over me 1400 years back. So in your heart correct your love to those that deserve it based on perspective of Allah, not perspective of yourself.
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. I understand and agree with everything you said, and I regret being so self absorbed. But I am still confused as to whether I committed shirk?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simple_Person
08-15-2017, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. I understand and agree with everything you said, and I regret being so self absorbed. But I am still confused as to whether I committed shirk?

Repent to be on the safe side and keep on living your life. Often people ask if they have done shirk based on this or that..(doubt), just repent as if IT WAS shrik. Why? If it was not shirk, and you still repented as if it was shirk you are safe, if it was shirk, you are still safe by repenting. So in both of the cases if you repent to be on the safe side you will not be of the losers in'sha'Allah.

mezzi_sohal
08-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Repent to be on the safe side and keep on living your life. Often people ask if they have done shirk based on this or that..(doubt), just repent as if IT WAS shrik. Why? If it was not shirk, and you still repented as if it was shirk you are safe, if it was shirk, you are still safe by repenting. So in both of the cases if you repent to be on the safe side you will not be of the losers in'sha'Allah.
Thank you [emoji4]

Simple_Person
08-15-2017, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
Thank you [emoji4]
You did not understand what i said. If you approach it as shirk, no matter if it is shirk or not, but just approach it as if it was shirk. You repent regarding it as shirk whatever is less (ie not shirk) is already within the scope of repentance. So repent as if it was shirk all other things that would be regarded as less, would automatically be forgiven so to say.

So to 100% know if it was shirk or not, what is rather the benefit of knowing it if you to be on the safe side just brand it as shirk right. Shirk lures on sides one isn't even aware of these days.

mezzi_sohal
08-15-2017, 01:50 PM
You did not understand what i said. If you approach it as shirk, no matter if it is shirk or not, but just approach it as if it was shirk. You repent regarding it as shirk whatever is less (ie not shirk) is already within the scope of repentance. So repent as if it was shirk all other things that would be regarded as less, would automatically be forgiven so to say.

So to 100% know if it was shirk or not, what is rather the benefit of knowing it if you to be on the safe side just brand it as shirk right. Shirk lures on sides one isn't even aware of these days.
I did understand, I just meant thank you for the advice

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.