/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Allah wanted to take revenge on satan ?

MazharShafiq
08-16-2017, 07:28 AM
my hindo friend asked me that Why Allah wanted to take revenge on satan ? Though satan created by Allah himself

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
08-16-2017, 12:34 PM
:sl:

hope the knowledgeable here give their views on this, inshallah i shall do it later as there are some lessons for us humans to learn in this incident here imho

Imo initially it was not a revenge from Allah Ar Rabbul aalameen . Allahu aalam.

M.I.A.
08-16-2017, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
my hindo friend asked me that Why Allah wanted to take revenge on satan ? Though satan created by Allah himself
I dont think god wanted to take revenge on satan.. maybe you are looking at it from the exact opposite viewpoint..

And when We said to the angels, Be submissive to Adam, they submitted, but Iblis (did not). He refused and was proud, and he was one of the disbelievers.

..i dont know how things work, but we know who doesnt want to.

(The Pagans), leaving Him, call but upon female deities: They call but upon Satan the persistent rebel! God did curse him, but he said: “I will take of Thy servants a portion marked off; I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by God.” Whoever, forsaking God, takes Satan for a friend, hath of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest. Satan makes them-promises, and creates in them false desires; but Satan’s promises are nothing but deception. (4: 117–20)

He said, “Seest Thou? This is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgement, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway – All but a few!” (God) said: “Go thy way; if any of them follow thee, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all) – an ample recompense. And arouse those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them. But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them: Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs.” (17: 62–65)

(Iblis/Satan) said: “O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised.” (God) said: “Respite is granted thee till the Day of the Time appointed.” (Iblis) said: “O my Lord! Because Thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong, Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace).” (God) said: “This (way of My sincere servants) is indeed a way that leads straight to Me. For over My servants no authority shalt thou have, except such as put themselves in the wrong and follow thee.” (15: 36–42)

He said: “Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way: Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies).” (God) said: “Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee – Hell will I fill with you all.” (7: 16–18)

And Satan will say when the matter is decided: “It was God Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you except to call you but ye listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating me with God. For wrong-doers there must be a grievous penalty.” (14: 22)

Its a big wall of text, but it has been thought of before..

The exact opposite is true..

Satan wanted revenge, For the change introduced upon him.. before that moment he was subservient like any other.

Although allah swt knows what we do not know.

1."la Ilaha Illa Anta". . . .

2."Subhanaka". . .-

3."Inni Kuntu Minaz Zalimeen". . .

..great, lost my lunch money on the way to work.

Shahi
08-16-2017, 02:13 PM
I believe that Allah is the "Arrahman" and he created mankind and jinn and he ordered us to worship. And he made some bounderies for us to make it a test for us.

(51:56) sūrat l-dhāriyāt :-And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
(http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp)

And the iblees also was a jinn who worshipped Allah with thaqwa. But Allah tells that arrogance is a great sin. Proud belongs to Allah almighty who created the paradise and hell and all the creatures also the galaxies.

Allah, Almighty, Says (what means): “I will turn away from My Ayaat (verses of the Quran) those who behave arrogantly on the earth, without a right, and (even) if they see all the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons signs, revelations, etc.), they will not believe in them...” (7:146)
(www.islamweb.net)

So who takes the ownership over Allah's property it is not allowed for the creations. So,shaithan made a great sin but if he asked for the forgiveness Allah will not reject him. But he didn't repent or felt guilt on the sin. He kept pride on his heart. So he didn't try to come out from the arrogance.

If a creation/ a slave will turn his face from Arrahman the Allah. He is the god he has the full right to punish him. But we cannot tell it as a revenge. Why Allah love us 99% than a mother.

But ,shaithan has given a chsnce to ask forgiveness but he didn't use the chance and selected a throne in hell himself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Malik
08-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Iblis is a Jin than Allah increase him in the rank of angel because of his obedience but than he after that get arrogant and disobey Allah .
so he is like us have the choice and this is a great creation like us but he choosed to disobey Allah instead of being grateful for his rank
but Allah doesn't create him to disobey him
Allah knows best

talibilm
08-17-2017, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl:

hope the knowledgeable here give their views on this, inshallah i shall do it later as there are some lessons for us humans to learn in this incident here imho

Imo initially it was not a revenge from Allah Ar Rabbul aalameen . Allahu aalam.
bump

talibilm
08-21-2017, 02:03 AM
:sl: wrwb

Its seen as a sunnathillah (way of Allah ) to provide in abundance any most essential thing for the humans like air followed by waterfood, iron, wood etc etc . Similarly in the glorious Quran Allah Ar Rahmaan Al Wadood repeats them (mostly) as per its importance like the most repeated Order of Allah is about Tawheed and rejection of Shirk , followed by salah & zakat etc and similarly among WARNING Allah, Al wadood repeats and warns about the enemy of our parents & us thats ' Iblis laanathullah '' in more than 90 verses and this incident of his refusal of prostration is in atleast seven different suras which made me to keep thinking a little deeper on this subject.

Though Allahuaalam it all happened as per the decree of Allah but the reasons behind any mishap or tragedy ( like iblis falling from the top as a head & teacher of Angels after worshiping Allah for more than a 1000 milleniums to the lowest of the lows-than a cockroach ) needs to pondered and remembered for us for protecting ourselves from falling into this sad qadr of MISFORTUNE or bad naseeb ( badhnaseeb in Urdu) .

imho the first mistake of iblis is leaving Islam (submission willfully to the will of Allah our Rab our Creator ) that he was not happy when Allah created a khalifa for this Earth ( though angels did ask Allah ar Rahmaan about it but only with doubt ) but Iblis persisted more further with his thakkabur (arrogance) & jealousy (the two DANGEROUS hidden SINS after kufr & shirk ) that consequently lead Iblis , Azazil, into the Biggest sin of Kufr itself . But its to be noted that by then still Iblis addresses Allah as My lord but its seen any mistakes by those in high position near Allah are treated as big mistakes (as incase of small mistake of Yunus AS of emigrating without Allah's order he was put into a whales' stomach ) because Allah expects the highest character from those who have become near to Allah.

The Question could be, why Allah created a commotion by ordering his dearest All Angels and their leader (iblis) to prostrate to Adam AS ?

The answer is Allahu aalam but may our Rab forgive us on speculating on this . Nothing is hidden to Allah about any of his Creations even about a leaf about to fall (The Noble Quran) or about the thinking of angels or their leader, Teacher Iblis or adam, Allah knows what was all in their hearts and Allah had made paradise free of sinners as per his Law. So jealousy & thakkabur (though it was only in iblisis's heart ) was not acceptable to Allah in Paradise as per the hadith something like None will enter Jannah or paradise with an Atom of thakkabur, arrogance '' its sunathillah that Allah puts in trails & tests as an expatiation of sin or to raise some one's status in his position new it close to Allah. for more regular and grave sinners Allah puts them in trials and tests making them further DEEP into their sins and misfortune as was for firaun etc giving them more power and wealth.

So When Iblis started to feel jealous about Adam and felt himself he was more pure and holy (like Mufti Menk said) imho Allah knew it immediately and that was a SIN ( a big sin for the status of the Leader of pure Angels) and the trial was the balaah or bad omen of his sin of jealousy and thakkabur of being pure and holy ( ie forgetting Allah's favour on him that has kept him pure , holy ie iow lahaula laaquwatta illah billah ...) no wonder Prophet :saws: had mentioned none enter Paradise WITHOUT THE MERCY OF ALLAH even for himself)

So Allah put him to test of doing something which was against his ego, to prostrate to Adam whom he despised where he could not give up his urge of nafs So its very important to people of thakwa to fear and consider even their small mistakes as big ( to continue to be on the right path)because that's the trait of a Muhmin. But iblis's mistake was a Big Mistake as he rejected Allah Rabbul aalameen's direct order to prostrate to Adam and thus became a rejector or a kaffir.

But Imho as Allah is the Al Ghafoor, if iblis had realised his mistake and repented to Allah al Ghafoor Allahu aalam, Allah would have forgiven him because Allah loves those most who are pious and close to him like Prophet Adam whose mistake was a VVVERY BIG mistake since he doubted Allah (after even seeing Allah) on the well wishing of Allah ( no one could wish more good for us more than Allah al wadood, he cares for us more than we could care for ourselves or our Mother, just think , who fed us & cared us while we were in the womb of our mother ? ) and went to beleive Iblis - satan instead who whispered to him that by eating the forbidden fruit he will leave for eternity and did kufr as well but still Allah al Wadood forgave him after his taubatun nasuha or SINCERE repentance Allah raised Adam AS again to live in the first heaven as per now in comfort though he laughs and cries on seeing his bad & good progeny of souls on the lowest sky.

POINTS TO REMEMBER

1) The pious people are to be VERY CAREFUL even from small sins since it could be a big sin for your CALIBRE

2)To Accept islam COMPLETELY and accepting al qadr of Allah willingly even though Allah has put you in the severest of tests and submit to him completely

3) An atom of thakabbur can stop you from entering jannah so VIGILANTLY avoid it since its a hidden sin in the heart which Allah knows as in case of iblis.

4) avoid jealousy since its Allah the creator decides to give what to whom

5) these two big sins will lead to kufur and also suspicion since it could be iblis suspicion that Adam will take over him6) If you have Sinned, turn to Al ghafoor and do taubatun nasuha , sincere repentance in real sense since Allah is most happy for his good slaves turn back to him after their inevitable sin and he wants to forgive them fullfilling his kindest attribute of Al ghafoor Al Wadood etc

Note : May allah forgive me , if this post had exceeded some where some how the knowledgeable are requested to correct them with daleel, jazakallah khairMa.

May Allah give the sayer first to follow what he has said ameen.

@Shahi

as to the question of the OP my view is Allah does as his attributes describe about him so Allah showed he is
The reckoner '' as per his attribute is
for Iblis 's Mistakes
though it was hidden to Angels and even to humans as per this verse
http://legacy.quran.com/2/284

'' To Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and whether you disclose what is in your ownselves or conceal it, Allah will call you to account for it. Then He forgives whom He wills and punishes whom He wills. And Allah is Able to do all things.''

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.