/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm a bad Muslim

muslimah945
08-22-2017, 02:52 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,
Like the title says, I feel like I'm drifting apart from my religion. Every day I promise myself to avoid certain sins but eventually end up going back to them. There was a time when I had a strong hold on myself and made sure I never did them, but now, I'm so far away from my deen that I feel like my faith has become very weak. It just seems like my life is falling apart, nothing is going well, everything seems so bad I don't know what to do. And the only reason why I think all of this is happening is because I'm missing my salahs, doing bad deeds and going far far away from what my religion teaches me. Please somebody help me, I'm very sad [emoji24]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
OnePath
08-22-2017, 04:34 AM
Salam

i use to pray a lot as well, wake up at night and pray night prayer, memorize surah after surah, read stories about the past and you name it.. then randomly.. out of laziness I stopped praying as much.

athan that would pop-up on my PC screen and I felt bad for a min then continuing whatever I was doing ignore the prayer, i stopped listening to Quran, and so much more that decrease my Iman(faith).... so how did I get back into being religious again? well it took time but one Ramadan I watched a video randomly of what will happen when we die and what things we would go through where I was like " wait what... we gonna go through that when we die?" so I researched this as in found places where Allah talks about death and grave and alot of hadits about this, this was one of many things that pointed me towards taking islam more seriouse.. because its a thing we cant avoid... one day we wil get back to allah.. its like an inevitable thing what whappenedpend no matter what.. we cant avoid it..but this is just a way how changed hrough fear of punishment.. you might change in a diffrent way.. anyway whIle i was slowling getting back to more islam i then discovered more about Allah..

Like his love to us.. did you know.. Allah loves us 70 times more then our own mothers? no way ... :O ( Allah loves the best of His creations, the human being. One day the Holy Prophet (S) was walking with his companions when he saw a mother bird with her babies in a nest. The mother bird was feeding the small ones some worms. So tender and gentle were her actions, that the companions were awe-struck at this display of love. The Prophet (S) smiled and said, "Are you surprised at the love this mother bird has for her babies? Let me inform you that Allah loves His creatures, the human beings seventy times more than this mother!")

ok that is crazy.. more then our own mothers?. let me ask you something.. do you think your mother wants to see you burn? or be in pain...? exactly.. Allah loves you and wants the best for you.. he knows your struggle.. and want u to come back to him which will make him so happy “Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave than a person who lost his camel in a desert land and then finds it (unexpectedly)”.[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

you will get a million changes to get back to him and better you self and he will always wait for you, he wont give up on you... if you are 1% more religious then yesterday wallahi that's a progress.. this takes time ok..

So my advice to you is know about Allah and how big his love is to us, because in that way you would feel really bad of trying to displease him, Allah moves mountains, planets instantly.. you dont think he can help you get back to him..

i leave you with Motivational Verses where allah is talking to you and i.

No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things. Quran 64:11

Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Quran 3:31

… And whoever holds firmly to Allah has [indeed] been guided to a straight path. Quran 3:101

Say, He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. Quran 112:1-2

And We have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not. Quran 34:28

And incline not toward those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you, and you have no protectors other than Allah, nor you would then be helped. Quran 11:113

And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). Quran 21:107

And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. Quran 25:63

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah]. Quran 2:45

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. Quran 2:153

O you who believe! be patient and excel in patience and remain steadfast, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, that you may be successful. Quran 3:200

Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, “When (will come) the Help of Allah?” Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near! Quran 2:214

Your Lord has not taken leave of you, [O Muhammad], nor has He detested [you]. And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life]. And your Lord is going to give you, and you will be satisfied. Quran 93:3-5

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. Quran 2:155

When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest, And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes, Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance. Quran 110

muslimah945
08-22-2017, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OnePath
Salam

i use to pray a lot as well, wake up at night and pray night prayer, memorize surah after surah, read stories about the past and you name it.. then randomly.. out of laziness I stopped praying as much.

athan that would pop-up on my PC screen and I felt bad for a min then continuing whatever I was doing ignore the prayer, i stopped listening to Quran, and so much more that decrease my Iman(faith).... so how did I get back into being religious again? well it took time but one Ramadan I watched a video randomly of what will happen when we die and what things we would go through where I was like " wait what... we gonna go through that when we die?" so I researched this as in found places where Allah talks about death and grave and alot of hadits about this, this was one of many things that pointed me towards taking islam more seriouse.. because its a thing we cant avoid... one day we wil get back to allah.. its like an inevitable thing what whappenedpend no matter what.. we cant avoid it..but this is just a way how changed hrough fear of punishment.. you might change in a diffrent way.. anyway whIle i was slowling getting back to more islam i then discovered more about Allah..

Like his love to us.. did you know.. Allah loves us 70 times more then our own mothers? no way ... :O ( Allah loves the best of His creations, the human being. One day the Holy Prophet (S) was walking with his companions when he saw a mother bird with her babies in a nest. The mother bird was feeding the small ones some worms. So tender and gentle were her actions, that the companions were awe-struck at this display of love. The Prophet (S) smiled and said, "Are you surprised at the love this mother bird has for her babies? Let me inform you that Allah loves His creatures, the human beings seventy times more than this mother!")

ok that is crazy.. more then our own mothers?. let me ask you something.. do you think your mother wants to see you burn? or be in pain...? exactly.. Allah loves you and wants the best for you.. he knows your struggle.. and want u to come back to him which will make him so happy “Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave than a person who lost his camel in a desert land and then finds it (unexpectedly)”.[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

you will get a million changes to get back to him and better you self and he will always wait for you, he wont give up on you... if you are 1% more religious then yesterday wallahi that's a progress.. this takes time ok..

So my advice to you is know about Allah and how big his love is to us, because in that way you would feel really bad of trying to displease him, Allah moves mountains, planets instantly.. you dont think he can help you get back to him..

i leave you with Motivational Verses where allah is talking to you and i.

No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things. Quran 64:11

Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Quran 3:31

… And whoever holds firmly to Allah has [indeed] been guided to a straight path. Quran 3:101

Say, He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. Quran 112:1-2

And We have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not. Quran 34:28

And incline not toward those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you, and you have no protectors other than Allah, nor you would then be helped. Quran 11:113

And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). Quran 21:107

And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. Quran 25:63

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah]. Quran 2:45

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. Quran 2:153

O you who believe! be patient and excel in patience and remain steadfast, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, that you may be successful. Quran 3:200

Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, “When (will come) the Help of Allah?” Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near! Quran 2:214

Your Lord has not taken leave of you, [O Muhammad], nor has He detested [you]. And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life]. And your Lord is going to give you, and you will be satisfied. Quran 93:3-5

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. Quran 2:155

When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest, And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes, Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance. Quran 110
Thank you so much for taking out time to reply to my concern. I must say, all your words and verses have made me feel a lot better than I felt yesterday, I'm going to put in my best to get to the path of righteousness and repent as much as I can. :)

Allah'sServant
08-22-2017, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah945
Asalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,
Like the title says, I feel like I'm drifting apart from my religion. Every day I promise myself to avoid certain sins but eventually end up going back to them. There was a time when I had a strong hold on myself and made sure I never did them, but now, I'm so far away from my deen that I feel like my faith has become very weak. It just seems like my life is falling apart, nothing is going well, everything seems so bad I don't know what to do. And the only reason why I think all of this is happening is because I'm missing my salahs, doing bad deeds and going far far away from what my religion teaches me. Please somebody help me, I'm very sad [emoji24]
Salam,

I've had a similar experience. I used to pray day and night always but there has come a period where I was so caught up with life that I would skip prayers and even sometimes commit sins. Then, Life started to get difficult for me and it started to fall apart from all aspects. And I was in your exact position, but I had no motivation to pray and i felt like Allah will never forgive me because I missed too many prayers and that I've done wrong things. It got to a point where I literally had lost everything, and life got very difficult for me, I was literally depressed. I remember one day I got to my lowest point and I was feeling so sad and hurt so I decided to get up and pray (take in I haven't prayed in a long time). When I got into sujood, I just burst out into tears. Because I missed having a relationship with Allah and being in the sujood position and praying. I then prayed with a sincere heart and asked for forgiveness. As you know Allah is the Most Merciful. Never underestimate His Mercy. From that day on, I've been praying daily. And honestly I became closer with Allah than before. Subhannallah, after I went back to Him and He took me in, all the pain, sorrow and hurt I was feeling from life went away and I was happy. You know, sometimes Allah puts you through these things just so you can turn to Him because He loves you and misses you. It is Guidance from Him. Allah hears every prayer even of the silent heart and He is the only one who knows what is in your heart. You just have to turn back to him and you will see how things will all fall back into place. Repent and ask for forgiveness and thank him for all the blessings you have (for food, family, water, health, etc). For me, ever since I've started praying again, everyday after praying my 5 prayers, I always pray 2 rakaat shukur just to thank Allah for everything (even if I had a bad day). Honestly once you go back to Him and start praying again you will realize how much you missed praying and the whole time your heart just missed Allah. This is guidance from Allah, If He didn't want to guide you, you wouldn't even feel this way, you wouldn't feel like a bad muslim. He loves you so he is making you realize that you need to turn to him, He is The Most Merciful and will forgive you if you repent. I hope this helped.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kamruddin
08-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Imaan is something that always goes up and down with time.
Sometimes you will feel a lot closer to Allah and sometimes not, this will keep happening with time to time.
But remember to pray daily and the best suggestion will be to interact with Allah in Tahajjud.
Hopefully, that will definitely help you.

aflawedbeing
08-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Sister.
The term "Bad Muslim" is a paradox, as it's so definite.
One may be a "bad Muslim" today, but tomorrow they could be among the best. It's never as cut and dry as you self-labelling as a bad Muslim. You clearly know your issues, but alhamdulillah, you're still breathing, you woke up this morning. There's still time to turn the ship around!

Keep at working on your flaws piecemeal. You may feel like you're failing, BUT if you feel you're failing a little less one day than you did the day before - that's progress.

May Allah (swt) make it easy.

muslimah945
08-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Thank you so much everybody for your kind words. I feel a lot better now and you have seriously boosted up my will power. Thank you so much, it means a lot :))

Umm Abed
09-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Sister, are you serious??

I hope you really mean it and on the path to reforming.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.