/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is My Business Halal?

Rashed_Hasan
08-22-2017, 12:51 PM
Assalamu Alaikum.

I am from Bangladesh & I have joined here today.
I am very disappointed now. Please, take your some time & help me to decide the right decision.

My PayPal account Business:

I am a freelancer from Bangladesh. There are about 50 lakh+ freelancers in my country.
In the background of Bangladesh, maximum time we must need to use PayPal account to receive payment.
But Big problem is - PayPal is not available in Bangladesh. So, we are facing many many problems to receive payment. Sometimes we earn money but can't receive money because we have not any PayPal account. Note: Maximum freelancing marketplace & local USA/UK clients only send payment with paypal. Sometimes, there has some alternatives but these are also not available in Bangladesh.

Now in this case, I open account for someone in PayPal's (USA) website with his real name and false/fake usa address then verify the account 100% with virtual usa phone number, virtual temporary debit visa card, virtual bank account.After verification, I hand over the account to him and take some low amount money from him. That's the business.

Now please tell me, Is it halal or haram?

Some Points:
1. I am not breaking any government law of Bangladesh.
2. I am breaking PayPal's terms of use. PayPal says- You have to be a USA resident to open a USA Paypal account.
3. We are helpless here.
4. I am breaking some rules but helping many many freelancers & after handover the accounts, they become very very very happy.
5. If i do it or don't, someone else will do the job because it is very demanding now for freelancers.
6. Almost 10-15 lakh Bangladeshi freelancers are already using PayPal. Almost All of them (99%) created their accounts with false/fake usa address.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
08-22-2017, 01:32 PM
...dont know about your question.

But apparently paypal is coming to Bangladesh,

Hopefully it will make all your situations a little easier.

Rashed_Hasan
08-22-2017, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
...dont know about your question.

But apparently paypal is coming to Bangladesh,

Hopefully it will make all your situations a little easier.
Unfortunately PayPal is not coming in Bangladesh. There was a fake rumor.
Actual news was about Zoom ( A PayPal service).
And now, ZOOM is available in Bangladesh.

Yes, If PayPal comes in Bangladesh then all problems will solve.

But now, can you tell me about my current business?Is it HALAL? Simply give your personal opinion.
Thank you.

M.I.A.
08-22-2017, 03:36 PM
..it dont know what goes on in the background, so i cant really say?

I dont know what it enables so i cannot say.

I am not a successful businessman..

I find opposition in many factors of mine.. does that make it haram?

I cant really answer your question.

Those terms of service have been written to prevent a certain number of abuses.. rather than to be discriminatory.

You could ask someone who is closer to you for a more honest perspective.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kamruddin
08-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Buddy, I am internet marketing as well where Paypal is highly used to send and receive money.
I am from India and fortunately paypal is available here with certain limitations.
Now, what you just mentioned is indeed a demanding service that countless people are doing right now.

You are certainly breaking some laws, not Islamic laws but Paypal laws and even if you get caught then your Paypal will be limited for sure.

Here's my second point, you cannot work at all on the internet is you don't use Paypal because most other services such as moneybookers, alertpay, etc. are not used by foreign clients.
Even if you could work, your clients will be limited because bigger clients only use Paypal.

Now, if this is the only source of income for you then it might be allowed.
My suggestion is that Islam allows partnership businesses. So, you can find someone with whom you can agree to share profits with. Make good relationships with people from foreign countries and tell them if they let you use their Paypal then you can share profit with them.

Again, Internet Marketing is something that not even the Islamic scholars knows about it a lot.
May Allah guide us all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.