/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reflections on Charleston and Barcelona, side by side

PRND
08-22-2017, 06:06 PM
In the space of just a few days, Charleston happened and then Barcelona happened. This led me to do some side by side comparisons.

Charleston. You see that a white supremacist rammed a car into some people, killing one woman. If you are a white person who says this has Absolutely Nothing to Do with white people, you won't be taken seriously. And if you mention one thing about the safety of white people and worry about backlash, you seem overly self involved.

Barcelona. You see that a series of attacks by over a dozen people has killed many. A bomb exploded prematurely and this led to a contingency plan. It was planned and coordinated over a long period of time, and the imam that accidentally detonated the bomb appears to have been the leader. If you are a Muslim who says this has Absolutely Nothing to Do with Islam, you won't be taken seriously. If you mention one thing about the safety of Muslims and worry about backlash, you seem overly self involved.

Charleston. It's perfectly obvious that this act of terror was carried out by a racist person who's also a white supremacist. If a white person manages to overlook those obvious facts and says "Well I know who the Real racists are," and goes on to talk about how white people are unfairly demonized and we must point the finger at the Really evil people, that does not come off well. The person doing this seems like a bit of a racist, and very much seems to identify with the Obvious racists in one way or another. Ignoring the obvious racism in order to theorize about stealth racism will do that for you.

Barcelona. It's perfectly obvious that the imam-coordinated terror plot was motivated by Islamic supremacism. If a Muslim manages to overlook that obvious fact and says "Well I know who the Real terrorist/supremacist is," and goes on to talk about how all Muslims are unfairly demonized so we must point the finger at the Really evil people, that does not come off well. This person seems like a bit of a sympathizer, at least with the motives of the Obvious Supremacists, and it's a mistake to ignore the obvious supremacism while searching for stealth supremacism.

Charleston. This is the sort of terrible event that makes one thing crystal clear- as much as white Americans would like to believe they've come so far and are so good at treating non-white people as they should be treated, we now know that white people in general still have plenty of work to do. White people who refuse to acknowledge this are rightly seen as hidebound and unhelpful, and if anyone suggests that this sort of assessment is motivated by irrational fear and/or hatred, that is and ought to be viewed as a petty distraction.

Barcelona. This is the sort of event that makes one thing crystal clear- as much as Muslims would like to think that they've become so good at treating non-Muslims properly, we now know (yet again) that Muslims have plenty of work to do. Muslims who refuse to acknowledge this are rightly seen as hidebound and unhelpful, and if anyone suggests that this sort of assessment is motivated by irrational fear and/or hatred, that is and ought to be viewed as a petty distraction.

Charleston. It's not all white people. No one said it was, so why would we even need to clarify this.

Barcelona. It's not all Muslims. No one said it was, so why would we even need to clarify this.

I look forward to whatever type of conversation this may kickstart. I do realize there's ample motivation for whataboutery, but instead of leaping right into that let's try and at least begin with some assessment of what I just did there.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
08-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Sir, this will not kickstart any type of conversation as long as you make your point more clear. Because this post is really pointless. No non-white Muslim in this forum is anti-white and no non-Muslim white is anti-Muslim and there are lots of white Muslims. Your venn schemas are overlapping

PRND
08-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Okay then, here's the point. When this kind of thing happens, there are some predictable and fairly universal expectations that are quite reasonable. Trying to get out of them- with some special pleading, perhaps- is not such a great move.

beleiver
08-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Seems Charleston is much more than just a race issue, its more the normalizing of Fascism, the fake liberal mask coming of corporate America..

A parallel in Islam might be how Whabbism has been normalized over the last few decades?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Futuwwa
08-25-2017, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PRND
Barcelona. It's perfectly obvious that the imam-coordinated terror plot was motivated by Islamic supremacism.
It is far from "perfectly obvious" to me. Does that mean I'm a retard who can't see what should be perfectly obvious?

M.I.A.
08-25-2017, 02:36 PM
I dont know what you people are on about!

The whole place is hell!

..honestly if you ever find yourself in a bubble you are comfortable in.. dont let the devil anywhere near it.

And thats the bubble.. religion, racism, sexism.. whatever you consider to be detrimental to your way of life..

But its never going to be more black and white than this...

If you have 2 people.. one will have authority over the other..

And if he issues misguidance to those following.. it is there own problem for following.

Its the duality between authority.. and tumult and opression.

Neither side can hope to emulate the golden ages they claim to represent..

We are not those people, we do not do as they did..

And that is why we complain about our standing in the world.

...its always been hell.

:

(Allah) said:"Get you down (from the Paradise to the earth), both of you, together, some of you are an enemy to some others. Then if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.020:123-Maulana

:

He said: Go forth here from both -- all (of you) -- one of you (is) enemy to another. So there will surely come to you guidance from Me; then whoever follows My guidance, he will not go astray nor be unhappy.020:123-Pickthal

:

He said: Go down hence, both of you, one of you a foe unto the other. But when there come unto you from Me a guidance, then whoso followeth My guidance, he will not go astray nor come to grief.

.....That is the price of success.

...well for most people..

Replacing your sacrifices with lambs takes more intellect than any of us possess.

Seriously we should all be put into chains for a time..

See what news is brought to us.

Yeah pigs might fly..

More likely, groundhog day.

Sorry it drives me insane sometimes.. i cant really explain it to you..

But as for the opening post.. i dispute the use of islamic supremicism.. as a motivating factor for terrorism..

..you just have to look back at the first muslim terrorist attack in the usa.. there was a first, right?

I dont even know who took responsibility?

What got him so upset?

O_o

..can you find a similarly parallel train of thought for the white suprema..

Nevermind.

Islamic terrorism is a byproduct of drastic changes on the t.v..

Maybe it can be avoided but it depends on who we choose to follow..

Most people will do just fine being themselves..

Going about their daily lives..

And doing what they do.

...let other people worry about what goes on in their heads.

We should worry about not being defined by our sins.

Heavy chains in deed.

...fear allah swt.

Because most of the people are on autopilot.

Ya seen?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.