/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can We hear Allah?

newconvert22
08-23-2017, 02:02 AM
I know we can hear Allah speaking through reading/memorizing the Qu'ran, however, sometimes during my daily prayers, after I finish praying, I feel as if Allah is speaking in my head reassuring me of what I prayed. It gives me a happy feeling and peace. Is this just myself making it up, or does Allah sometimes speak to His people?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
08-23-2017, 03:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

We can't physically hear Allah. Like you said, Quran is Him (subhana wa ta'ala) speaking to us. However, the feeling you describe could be a combination of khushoo (one's full concentration and calmness during prayer) and tawakkul (the strong reliance in Allah).

You can read more about khushoo' here (pdf)
and what tawakkul is here.

M.I.A.
08-23-2017, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by newconvert22
I know we can hear Allah speaking through reading/memorizing the Qu'ran, however, sometimes during my daily prayers, after I finish praying, I feel as if Allah is speaking in my head reassuring me of what I prayed. It gives me a happy feeling and peace. Is this just myself making it up, or does Allah sometimes speak to His people?
..depends on how high you are :|

Hmm..So many layers like an onion.

...i think all of creation is under the influence of allah swt.

We hear and we obey.

But..

In the awareness of such things, much care is needed.

May allah swt have mercy upon you and keep you on the straight path.

Everybody encounters influence and suggestion..

Thinking about it and acting upon it are two different things.

And keeping the mind clean, probably leads to better conversations.

Knowledge is not power, application of knowledge is power.

And in the difference between to two.. is some understanding of allah swt.

Some things are better left unknown.. they dont make sense.. no benefit in knowing them.

...em... say no to drugs.

The quickness they provide is destructive.

newconvert22
08-23-2017, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..depends on how high you are :|

Hmm..So many layers like an onion.

...i think all of creation is under the influence of allah swt.

We hear and we obey.

But..

In the awareness of such things, much care is needed.

May allah swt have mercy upon you and keep you on the straight path.

Everybody encounters influence and suggestion..

Thinking about it and acting upon it are two different things.

And keeping the mind clean, probably leads to better conversations.

Knowledge is not power, application of knowledge is power.

And in the difference between to two.. is some understanding of allah swt.

Some things are better left unknown.. they dont make sense.. no benefit in knowing them.

...em... say no to drugs.

The quickness they provide is destructive.
Yes. I believe that is true. I obviously don't actually hear audible words in my head, however I do feel as if he is with me after prayer, comforting and reassuring me. Not sure what that feeling is. But as a new convert to islam, I feel comforted by this feeling and confident in my conversion.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
08-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Sure, i am sure that the very act of praying is most loved by allah swt.. and the most sincerest of dua's are those that you work towards in your life.

Allah swt allow you the security to become the better you.

Abu Fauzi
08-24-2017, 07:52 AM
As-Salaam alaikum,
In addition to what some brothers and sisters observed on this matter raised by Sister Newconvert22, I wish to also contribute by quoting a holy tradition (hadith qudsi), which may help in understanding part of what she raised. In this particular Hadith Qudsi, Allahu, Tabaraka Wa Ta'ala says:--

"I have built inside the heart of the Son of Adam, a palace (qasr): in the palace,
there is a chest (sadr); in the chest, there is a heart (qalb); in the heart, there
is an inner heart (fu'ad); and in the inner heart, there is an innermost heart
(shaghaf); and in the innermost heart, there is the kernel (lubb); and in the
kernel, there is a secret (sirr); in the secret, there is Me; that is the secret to
the place for My manifestation and the place to know Me."

if He allows you to know Him, then you converse with Him... He hears you, you hear Him...Azzah Wa Jallah.
Best Regards.

newconvert22
08-24-2017, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Fauzi
As-Salaam alaikum,
In addition to what some brothers and sisters observed on this matter raised by Sister Newconvert22, I wish to also contribute by quoting a holy tradition (hadith qudsi), which may help in understanding part of what she raised. In this particular Hadith Qudsi, Allahu, Tabaraka Wa Ta'ala says:--

"I have built inside the heart of the Son of Adam, a palace (qasr): in the palace,
there is a chest (sadr); in the chest, there is a heart (qalb); in the heart, there
is an inner heart (fu'ad); and in the inner heart, there is an innermost heart
(shaghaf); and in the innermost heart, there is the kernel (lubb); and in the
kernel, there is a secret (sirr); in the secret, there is Me; that is the secret to
the place for My manifestation and the place to know Me."

if He allows you to know Him, then you converse with Him... He hears you, you hear Him...Azzah Wa Jallah.
Best Regards.
That is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing that with me!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.