/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Consumed alcoholic medicine?

mezzi_sohal
08-25-2017, 10:54 PM
I have eczema and applied a medicine which contained alcohol to my hands. I put my hands to my lips and then licked my lips. It is not enough to make me intoxicated but i still went and rinsed my mouth with water. As far as I know none of it went past my throat, I do not think I swallowed any..have I committed a sin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zzz_
08-26-2017, 02:39 AM
Prophet :saws: said,
“Actions are (judged) by motives/intentions (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended."
So if it was not your intention then it was not your intention. Also, this is why we often do istagfir and seek forgiveness for intentional and unintentional sins. If you ever fall into sin, always repent sincerely and ask for guidance.

Regarding medicine...

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: With regard to some medicines that contain alcohol, if the effect of the alcohol in the medicine can be seen in the form of intoxication, then it is haraam, but if no effect is seen, and the alcohol is only added to it as a preservative, then there is nothing wrong with it, because the alcoholic content does not have any effect.
End quote. Liqaa’aat il-Baab il-Maftoohah, 3/231.

mezzi_sohal
08-26-2017, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
Prophet :saws: said,
“Actions are (judged) by motives/intentions (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended."
So if it was not your intention then it was not your intention. Also, this is why we often do istagfir and seek forgiveness for intentional and unintentional sins. If you ever fall into sin, always repent sincerely and ask for guidance.

Regarding medicine...

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: With regard to some medicines that contain alcohol, if the effect of the alcohol in the medicine can be seen in the form of intoxication, then it is haraam, but if no effect is seen, and the alcohol is only added to it as a preservative, then there is nothing wrong with it, because the alcoholic content does not have any effect.
End quote. Liqaa’aat il-Baab il-Maftoohah, 3/231.
Thanks for the reply brother

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.