/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is a lawfull in islam to trace vector images of cartoons

aqsa.nadeem
09-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Asalamualikum
All muslim brother and sisters Please Read my question carefully and answer only if you completely are having knowledge about it . Actually i am a freelancer and i remake logo for people . Means i redraw logos for peple's company that are blur and sometimes it happens that there is a cartoon in the logo here is one example https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7n...2Nl0YJmNA=s138 as it is not allwed in islam to draw anything that is cartoon or human so what are the rulings about this i make these using computer software please guide me in the light of Quran And Sunnah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
09-01-2017, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aqsa.nadeem
Asalamualikum
All muslim brother and sisters Please Read my question carefully and answer only if you completely are having knowledge about it . Actually i am a freelancer and i remake logo for people . Means i redraw logos for peple's company that are blur and sometimes it happens that there is a cartoon in the logo here is one example https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7n...2Nl0YJmNA=s138 as it is not allwed in islam to draw anything that is cartoon or human so what are the rulings about this i make these using computer software please guide me in the light of Quran And Sunnah
AsalaamualaykumSister.

Inanswering your question – one has to first understand the Shariposition on images.

1. All images containing nudity and expressing a consciousness of nudity and lacking modesty (even if it be in silhouette form) will be regarded as unlawful.
  2. It doesn't matter if the above point (1) is on paper or digital form it will still be regarded unlawful.

Forthe remainder of the answer we will now assume that no pictures arefrom point number (1) above.

(a)
Some Ulema regard that pictures be it in digital or paper form that contain animate objects are haraam
(b)
Other Ulema regard that digital images are Halaal of animate objects yetthe same picture on paper form will be regarded Haraam.

Inboth (a) and (b) above, both sets of Ulema agree that it will beacceptable for educational purposes – example a person becoming amedical Dr. will have to look at the human form in text books etc.

The important thing to understand is that in Section (a) above, since theresult imaginary is considered haraam – then those Ulema in thisopinion (a) will equivalently regard the creator of that image awrong doer and sinner.

Insection (b) above – since those Ulema regard digital imagery as Halaal – then they regard the creator of that image as free from sin.

So,your answer lay in which opinion of the above you take.

My sincere advice to you is to speak to an Aalima regarding the Igthilaaf between the two topics and then apply it to your life.Don't just chose option (b) based on your job because that will render you applying a fiqh understanding based on your Nafs rathe rthan ascertaining the Haq and then applying it your life.

Wasalaam.

whosebob
09-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Take it easy. You know what is lawful and haraam. Just be ethical and you will be alright. I'm a graphic designer so I understand. If pictures where really haram then you would'nt evens be able take photos of your family, you would'nt evens be able to watch cartoons. Be sensible and don't be extreme.

aqsa.nadeem
09-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Thanks for your replies :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.