/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evil thoughts, doubt and imaan

M.Ali
09-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Assalamulaikum brothers and sisters. I have a matter that is most troubling and puzzling at the same time. I would like to be as detailed as possible and I greatly appreciate your patience. I have been bombarded with evil thoughts and uncertainties now. This is to do with any aspect of Islam. Allah (SWT) has blessed me with a lot of knowledge, proofs of His greatness and oneness. Yet these still occur. These happen particularly in Ibidah and during the pondering of the noble Qur'an. However, even though I have these proofs, I have still committed grave sins. When I go to repent, i get a tight feeling in my chest and I feel like I am not sincere and it feels like I'm not regretful. I try my best to be. Similarly, while committing these acts, knowing the great power of Allah, I tell myself "Allah the greatest is watching. Don't do it". I still end up doing it with a tight feeling in my chest, and sometimes it goes as far as getting a feeling that I don't believe that. I absolutely hate this and abhor it. Help would be greatly appreciated. I want to be sincere as possible to Allah (SWT) and his religion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
09-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Wa alaikum salam.

This is a very common and annoying problem it is the whisperings of the satan dont give it any attention, just go about your work. Remember Allah is Most forgiving and nothing can come in your way of repentance, so please continue repenting and not giving up, shaitan wants us to despair. A muslim never despairs in Allah's mercy, always keep that in mind.

SoldierAmatUllah
09-05-2017, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Wa alaikum salam.

This is a very common and annoying problem it is the whisperings of the satan dont give it any attention, just go about your work. Remember Allah is Most forgiving and nothing can come in your way of repentance, so please continue repenting and not giving up, shaitan wants us to despair. A muslim never despairs in Allah's mercy, always keep that in mind.
Correct

M.Ali
09-07-2017, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Wa alaikum salam.

Is this correct as well for feeling and urges, because I keep getting feelings like I don't truly believe?? Such as if I am committing a sin and think to myself " Allah (SWT) is watching you" why don't I feel that much shame even though I try very hard to reduce my sins? Same goes for repentance where I feel like I am not sincere. I feel like this all the time even while thanking Allah (SWT).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SoldierAmatUllah
09-08-2017, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.Ali
Is this correct as well for feeling and urges, because I keep getting feelings like I don't truly believe?? Such as if I am committing a sin and think to myself " Allah (SWT) is watching you" why don't I feel that much shame even though I try very hard to reduce my sins? Same goes for repentance where I feel like I am not sincere. I feel like this all the time even while thanking Allah (SWT).
Sign of Imaan

Eventually if you continue with good deeds&save yourself from sins, you will overcome this though it may happen but not this much.

Don't over think &continue.

M.Ali
09-08-2017, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud
Sign of Imaan

Eventually if you continue with good deeds&save yourself from sins, you will overcome this though it may happen but not this much.

Don't over think &continue.
Thank you for the reply. Aren't thoughts only from shaitan and not the feelings?? Hence my concern. As I said before I have knowledge Alhamdulillah, that will remove doubts from one's mind. Hence my concern. I fear being people who the prophet Muhammad (SAW) has stated about that their faith doesn't go deeper than the throats. Please correct me if I am wrong about this information.

SoldierAmatUllah
09-09-2017, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.Ali
Thank you for the reply. Aren't thoughts only from shaitan and not the feelings?? Hence my concern. As I said before I have knowledge Alhamdulillah, that will remove doubts from one's mind. Hence my concern. I fear being people who the prophet Muhammad (SAW) has stated about that their faith doesn't go deeper than the throats. Please correct me if I am wrong about this information.
What you have is a developing Imaan.
These feelings are from shaytan of course, thats why don't pay much attention &strive to do good,nawafil deeds

You're talking of the hadeeth about Khawarij of end times....InshaAllah, youre not one of them

I have somewhat been through your stage&AlhamduLillah im in better condition now.

M.Ali
09-11-2017, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud
What you have is a developing Imaan.
These feelings are from shaytan of course, thats why don't pay much attention &strive to do good,nawafil deeds

You're talking of the hadeeth about Khawarij of end times....InshaAllah, youre not one of them

I have somewhat been through your stage&AlhamduLillah im in better condition now.
Assalamulaikum brother. I apologise for my repetitive responses. I find it so difficult to do good deeds even though i like them and in a crisis situation, for example I will say "I trust Allah" yet I don't feel my worry/concern subside. It seems like I don't believe it even though I am well aware of the knowledge and stories (e.g.. of prophet Yusuf (AS)). I don't like to do bad deeds but I do them so easily.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.