/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Modern and Responsive style

AabiruSabeel
09-06-2017, 03:52 AM
:salam:

Finally the time has come to reveal something that we have been long waiting for. A fully responsive and modern style, customized for IslamicBoard!

Click here to reveal

To select the new style as the default for your use, go to your profile settings, scroll down and select vB Modern from Forum Skin options.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
09-06-2017, 03:55 AM

Umm Abed
09-06-2017, 10:11 AM
:sl:

Its time for a new, revolutionary style setting for Islamic Board!

I like it, always in for change, but Im sure sister herb is not so welcome to it :D

Kudos!:shade:

- - - Updated - - -

Do we have the choice to leave the green curtain open?

And what happened to our likes count?

Also, where is the 'likes given and received' ?

sister herb
09-06-2017, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
:but Im sure sister herb is not so welcome to it :D
You know me well, dear sister, but I don´t want to be a brake for the new things. I just hope that old style is still available to use... for us antique oldies.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
09-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Do we have the choice to leave the green curtain open?
Yes, now the curtain will show only once per visit. It will remain open for if you visit the homepage multiple times during the same session.

And what happened to our likes count?

Also, where is the 'likes given and received' ?
:jz: for bringing this to our notice. There was a mistake in the code, fixed it now.

'Likes given' does not seem to be required. It is something which everyone gives as per their own liking.

AabiruSabeel
09-06-2017, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
You know me well, dear sister, but I don´t want to be a brake for the new things. I just hope that old style is still available to use... for us antique oldies.
Yes, :ia: it will be available. Are you using the IB OldSchool style or the IslamicBoard-2 style?

Umm Abed
09-06-2017, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Yes, now the curtain will show only once per visit. It will remain open for if you visit the homepage multiple times during the same session.

:jz: for bringing this to our notice. There was a mistake in the code, fixed it now.

'Likes given' does not seem to be required. It is something which everyone gives as per their own liking.
I tried to change the look but when I logged in again now it appeared back to the same old one. The curtain is a clever idea!

Jazakallah for fixing so promptly, but I like how it is now, likes given and received, thread count and post count, all as it is, makes it better.

sister herb
09-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Yes, :ia: it will be available. Are you using the IB OldSchool style or the IslamicBoard-2 style?
IB OldSchool style.

Good for oldies.

DanEdge
09-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Looks very nice. Well done guys!

--Dan Edge

AabiruSabeel
09-07-2017, 02:53 AM
If you want to select the new style as the default one for your use, go to your profile settings, scroll down and select vB Modern from the Forum Skin drop-down menu under Miscellaneous Options.

For all those who are using the old style, I suggest them to try the new style for a few days to see whether they like it or not. It just has a different design with better functionality. The best thing is, it is responsive. That means, it can adapt itself to various screen sizes automatically, making it easier for you to browse IB on tablets and smart phones while giving you the same experience as a laptop or a desktop computer.

I hope you all like it :ia:.

Umm Abed
09-07-2017, 08:55 AM
How do I remove the notifications for subscribed threads?

I prefer the Likes given and received - on there.

Also, can our names be made bigger?

AabiruSabeel
09-07-2017, 11:39 AM
How do I remove the notifications for subscribed threads?

I prefer the Likes given and received - on there.

Also, can our names be made bigger?
Same procedure, go to your profile settings, and scroll down to find the option for Subscribed Threads. That is just to disable notifications for new replies on your subscribed threads.
But if you want to unsubscribe from a thread, go to your user control panel by clicking on the Settings link at the top right corner, and you will find your latest subscribed threads listed there. You can also click on the button there to view all subscribed threads. Then you can tick the checkbox in front of any thread and then scroll down to select the option to Delete Subscription or change the way subscription emails are delivered to your inbox.

Likes given added now, and username font size is increased.

DanEdge
09-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Greetings,

Is the green curtain going to be a permanent feature? I often use my bookmarks bar to go back to the IB home page, so I've seen that curtain about 15 times now. Plus, that extra click.

--Dan Edge

AabiruSabeel
09-07-2017, 12:27 PM
No, it is not permanent. It is only meant for new visitors. If you visit the homepage multiple times during the same browser session, it should hide automatically for you without any click.

Umm Abed
09-07-2017, 01:29 PM
No, it is not permanent. It is only meant for new visitors. If you visit the homepage multiple times during the same browser session, it should hide automatically for you without any click.
No dear, it doesnt hide, everytime we click onto something else it comes on again each time.

DanEdge
09-07-2017, 02:29 PM
In case it matters, I use Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113.

--Dan Edge

AabiruSabeel
09-07-2017, 03:10 PM
I made a small change in script just now.

Please press CTRL + F5 to clear the browser cache and try visiting the homepage again. It should not show you anymore, unless you start a new browser session.

Umm Abed
09-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Thanks a lot for your help.

Its not showing now even without clearing browser.

DanEdge
09-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Worked for me, thanks!

AabiruSabeel
10-27-2017, 09:27 PM
Those who are still using other styles on mobile, why don't you try the new style and see how it works? I am sure you will start liking it once you use it. Other than being responsive, it also has a few features which are not available on other styles.

Homepage:

Do you see the pencil icon at the bottom? It has a shortcut link to create a new thread or to reply on a thread.

The bell icon displays the number of unread notifications. The number of unread new posts since your last visit or since last week is also highlighted beside the What's New link.

This is how a search looks like:

Inside a thread:

Side menu:

*charisma*
10-28-2017, 03:02 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

jazak allahu khair, I'll check it out now...Honestly I didn't like the mobile version before because it lacked a few features, this one looks way more user-friendly.

Supernova
10-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Asalaamualaykum
I like the old school style better: The green background. Blue has become so common. Same is UF.
Think there should be more unique identities displayed other than the logo.

Supernova
10-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Asalaamualaykum

Why was the color changed from Green to Blue? Just Curious.

AabiruSabeel
10-28-2017, 06:56 PM
:wa:

Blue was the default colour available in this style. We can re-colour it if we want. :ia: I will try to release a green version in a few weeks.

Umm Abed
10-31-2017, 11:32 AM
I like changes..new things:jz:

Grandad
10-31-2017, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
In my day two empty tin cans held together by a length of taut string was the ultra-modern way to communicate; that, and shouting through a rolled up newspaper.

O2K
07-30-2021, 12:03 PM
.nice style

mahaseno
01-11-2022, 05:05 PM
salam alaykom
how can i get this responsive style please?

Flos
01-11-2022, 05:53 PM
Everything is same to me

AabiruSabeel
01-11-2022, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahaseno
salam alaykom
how can i get this responsive style please?
:wasalam:

This can be procured from Products (vb4mobile.com)

Products
Responsive and Mobile friendly products for vBulletin Make your forum mobile friendly and get app-like features: ✓ App-like icon on your smartphone homescreen ✓ Responsive style - for vBulletin 4.2.x as well as vB 3.8.x ✓ Push notifications for new replies, likes and PM .fdesc {font-size:larger; line-height:200%} .tick {color:green; font-size:x-large; display:inline}...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.