/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I am a bad muslim

Hanoka
09-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, I never miss a prayer, I fast, and don't do anything bad I guess. But I feel like I am being a bad muslim... When I pray I don't have that "good" feeling, and I don't feel relaxed, and don't feel the presence of Allah. Sometimes I even ask myself if I am lying to me. I am really sad and need help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
09-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Hanoka; and welcome to the forum;

None of us deserve salvation, we all sin, we could all do better. If any of us are granted salvation, it will because of the mercy and forgiveness of Allah, we must never loose hope in this. You might have another fifty years on Earth, most days can be a struggle with something in life, so you may well be facing these same questions in ten, twenty and fifty years time.

Just a thought, but if you were absolutely perfect now, you would have nothing to strive for. :)

Once, when his companions asked him: "O Messenger of Allah, what are the most excellent of actions?"

The beloved of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, replied:--

"To gladden the heart of human beings,
To feed the hungry,
To help the afflicted,
To lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and
To remove the sufferings of the injured." [Sahih Bukhari].

In the spirit of never giving up hope in the mercy of Allah.

Eric

Umm Abed
09-09-2017, 11:23 AM
This world is a place of strive and effort.

Dont give up. Continue in the good what you're doing. Be optimistic in Allah's mercy and forgiveness.

Hearts find peace in the remembrance of Allah.

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah swt do hearts find rest"- Qur'an, 13:28.

*charisma*
09-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

You need to develop khushoo'.

You can read more about it here: 33 Ways of Developing Khushoo in Salaah' (pdf).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozyred
09-10-2017, 05:05 AM
Salam dear, what is distracting you is called 'waswas'. Shaitan is trying to push you out from your right path. Don't listen to them. and continue the good deeds that you do and always make dua to Allah to help you in this regard. Insha Allah, He will help you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.