/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irma coming to where I live

Mustafa16
09-10-2017, 08:53 PM
I live in the atlanta area in georgia, in the United States. Many people came here to Georgia from Florida due to the hurricane leaving them without shelter or safety, and many shelters are refusing people due to overcrowding. there is also a humanitarian organization's spokeswoman speaking on cnn about how dangerous it is for children in those shelters due to all the creeps, and the health hazards for babies due to overcrowding. it hasnt hit here yet, but like i said, people have started coming from florida, and have started stocking up on supplies, including my family. i fear for my mother, because she has to go to work (she's a nurse), during the storm, and also, my university as cancelled for two days so far (tomorrow and day after). Rumors started circulating on Quora (a forum i use, but a secular one) that Hurricane Harvey (which devastated Texas) was a punishment from Allah aza wa jal for voting for Trump. I even started to wonder if that was the case. I'm even wondering if Hurrice Irma is a punishment, since the majority of people in Florida and Georgia voted for Trump. May also be a punishment from Allah swt to america in general...for....you know....what they do abroad.
but i may just be paranoid and looking for an explanation. im kinda scared, but also excited. pray for me and my family please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
09-11-2017, 12:22 AM
I'm in Florida and besides the occasional tornado warning, nothing serious here. The hurricane will continue to lose strength as it goes over land, so you guys in Georgia will be fine.

This hurricane isn't a punishment for voting for Trump. If it was, what are the reasons for the many other hurricanes we had in the past? What about the other states which voted for Trump? Don't think too much into it :peace:

Mustafa16
09-11-2017, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
I'm in Florida and besides the occasional tornado warning, nothing serious here. The hurricane will continue to lose strength as it goes over land, so you guys in Georgia will be fine.

This hurricane isn't a punishment for voting for Trump. If it was, what are the reasons for the many other hurricanes we had in the past? What about the other states which voted for Trump? Don't think too much into it :peace:
cool, bro, do you live in Florida? i used to live there until i was 8. :)

*charisma*
09-11-2017, 01:37 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I know a few people in Florida as well. They are experiencing heavy winds and rain. Inshallah khair. Stay safe bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozyred
09-11-2017, 05:21 AM
Allah knows the best. Everything's to examine the people. Be strong and have hope in God.

DanEdge
09-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Hey Mustafa,

We in Upstate South Carolina lucked out when Irma headed west, unfortunately towards you. We've been hit by a few hurricanes here in my lifetime, and I have some advice. Some will say that the storm will break up before it gets to, that it won't be so bad. This is partially true, but also dangerously false! The Atlanta area is not set up to deal with even 50 mph (tropical storm) winds. Many, many trees are going to fall, and thousands will lose power. Expect that you will lose power for 2-5 days and plan accordingly: candles, flashlights, batteries, board games, non-perishable food items, etc. Assume everything perishable in your fridge and freezer will be worthless. Transportation to anywhere may be very difficult because of the downed trees and not enough crews to move them.

Take Care and update IB with your okay-ness :D

Sincerely,

-- Dan Edge

sister herb
09-11-2017, 03:47 PM
This hurricane might not be as a punishment because people voted Trump but many strong coming ones at the future (as the scientists have forecasted coming) might be punishments because people don´t respect and take better care about the environment and nature.

anatolian
09-11-2017, 04:51 PM
I don't know that hurricane but Trump's himself is enough as a punishment for voting him.

keiv
09-11-2017, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
Yea I've lived in central Florida since the 80s. Outside of the typical tree, fence or power line down, nothing crazy has happened. The power has been off for a day now but the wind is still pretty wild so the utility companies probably won't be out here for at least another day unfortunately.

Dont worry about your mom either. Hospitals are very safe. Much safer than a house anyways. Stay safe

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I've lived in central Florida since the 80s. Outside of the typical tree, fence or power line down, nothing crazy has happened. The power has been off for a day now but the wind is still pretty wild so the utility companies probably won't be out here for at least another day unfortunately.

Dont worry about your mom either. Hospitals are very safe. Much safer than a house anyways. Stay safe

M.I.A.
09-11-2017, 06:00 PM
I live in the atlanta area in georgia, in the United States. Many people came here to Georgia from Florida due to the hurricane leaving them without shelter or safety, and many shelters are refusing people due to overcrowding. there is also a humanitarian organization's spokeswoman speaking on cnn about how dangerous it is for children in those shelters due to all the creeps, and the health hazards for babies due to overcrowding. it hasnt hit here yet, but like i said, people have started coming from florida, and have started stocking up on supplies, including my family. i fear for my mother, because she has to go to work (she's a nurse), during the storm, and also, my university as cancelled for two days so far (tomorrow and day after). Rumors started circulating on Quora (a forum i use, but a secular one) that Hurricane Harvey (which devastated Texas) was a punishment from Allah aza wa jal for voting for Trump. I even started to wonder if that was the case. I'm even wondering if Hurrice Irma is a punishment, since the majority of people in Florida and Georgia voted for Trump. May also be a punishment from Allah swt to america in general...for....you know....what they do abroad.
but i may just be paranoid and looking for an explanation. im kinda scared, but also excited. pray for me and my family please.
http://time.com/4935117/hurricane-irma-guns-florida/

"You won't make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects."

Although there are also stories of people praying they get through the hurricane..

So i guess its just a matter of how you spin things.

:|

Its maybe similar to japan being prone to earthquakes..

But i think they invest a lot in earthquake resistant buildings so its not often as damaging as american hurricanes and tornadoes.
I dont think anyone has been able to take credit since moses pbuh.

OmAbdullah
09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
All of the hurricanes are warnings and punishment for all those areas. but a wonderful thing is that here we see the Al-Hilm (Forbearing ) quality of Allah Azza wa Jall. Allah has said in the surah al-A'raaf verses 97-98:

(7:97) Do the people of those towns feel secure that Our punishment will not come to them at night while they are asleep?

(7:98) Or, do the people of those towns feel secure that Our punishment will not come to them by daylight while they are at play?

These verses and the happenings of the wraths have proved that a habitation which is chosen for destruction, is taken by Allah's wrath suddenly and the people, then, have no place of refuge. They get destroyed and are taken to the Ever-lasting punishment in Hell. Allah said in the Holy Quraan that when they are overtaken by the wrath, the cry that they make is: "innaa kunnaa zaalimeen" (Surely, we were the unjust wrong doers). See the translation of the following verses:

(21:11) How many a wrong-doing town did We shatter and then raise up another people.

(21:12) Then, when they perceived Our chastisement13 they took to their heels and fled.

Explanatory note 13:

13. That is, when they realized that Allah’s scourge was actually coming.

(21:13) (They were told): "Flee not, but return to your comforts and to your dwellings. You are likely to be questioned."14

Exp. note 14:

14. This is a very meaningful sentence. It may mean:

(1) Examine this scourge minutely so that if someone asks you about it, you may be able to give an accurate account of it.
(2) Hold your grand meetings as usual. Perhaps your servants may come with folded hands before you to receive orders.
(3) Hold your councils as before, perhaps people may still come to ask for your wise counsels.

(21:14) They said: "Woe to us; surely we were wrong-doers."

(21:15) They did not cease to cry this until We reduced them to stubble, still and silent.
(Verses 11 to 15 of the surah Al-Anbiyaa)
************************************************** ***********************************

As you see in the above verses unbelievers and unjust are taken up by a wrath suddenly and then they have no time to repent. But here the wonderful fact is that Allah All-Mighty brings a destructive hurricane slowly and gives enough time to the people to take warning, guidance and refuge. If they get guided then they will be left to live for a life but if not then they will be killed. Allah knows His servants /creation very well and all steps and decision that Allah makes are based on full knowledge and justice.

I understand that this Forbearing Attitude of Allah may be due to the fact that the Muslims do not fulfil the duty of conveying the message of the Holy Quraan. So most of the non-Muslims are ignorant from Islam.

Moreover, the present Muslims are not practicing Islam properly and thus they give a very wrong impression of Islam. Due to that reason, the non-Muslims don't like Islam. So the responsibility is on the shoulders of the Muslims, the Arab Muslims in the first place because they understand the Holy Quraan.

We now see that on the one hand many Muslims (mostly the Arabs) are wiped away from the earth while on the other hand, the unjust non-Muslims are warned with tornadoes /hurricanes etc. and then they are given time to think and get guidance.

And Allah knows best.

(Regarding punishment and Trump, insha-Allah, I will write later )

M.I.A.
09-11-2017, 07:01 PM
As oppose to..

Attachment 6260

Quran 21:87

"These verses and the happenings of the wraths have proved that a habitation which is chosen for destruction, is taken by Allah's wrath suddenly and the people, then, have no place of refuge. They get destroyed and are taken to the Ever-lasting punishment in Hell. Allah said in the Holy Quraan that when they are overtaken by the wrath, the cry that they make is: "innaa kunnaa zaalimeen" (Surely, we were the unjust wrong doers). See the translation of the following verses:"

OmAbdullah
09-12-2017, 09:21 PM
The Aayat kareemah for any du'aa as given link in the above post is good for practicing Muslims. But the non-Muslims should be informed about the truth of Islam. In the light of the Quraan and Hadeeth it is a confirmed fact that when a practicing Muslim starts conveying the Message of Islam to the surrounding non-Muslims, any wrath will, insha-Allah, turn away and the people will be given more time to come out of the darkness and enter the fold of Islam.

About Trump:

We must be just and truthful for any Muslim or non-Muslim. speaking justly, the truth is that:

Allah has very strictly forbidden homosexuality and Donald Trump, the President of America,is against it. Allah wants that human race must be kept on and abortion is strictly forbidden in Islam, Donald Trump is against abortion. So he is close to Islam. It may be that Allah guides him further to the Right Path of Allah. Then how is it possible that Allah punishes people for choosing Trump?

Mustafa16
09-12-2017, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OmAbdullah
The Aayat kareemah for any du'aa as given link in the above post is good for practicing Muslims. But the non-Muslims should be informed about the truth of Islam. In the light of the Quraan and Hadeeth it is a confirmed fact that when a practicing Muslim starts conveying the Message of Islam to the surrounding non-Muslims, any wrath will, insha-Allah, turn away and the people will be given more time to come out of the darkness and enter the fold of Islam.

About Trump:

We must be just and truthful for any Muslim or non-Muslim. speaking justly, the truth is that:

Allah has very strictly forbidden homosexuality and Donald Trump, the President of America,is against it. Allah wants that human race must be kept on and abortion is strictly forbidden in Islam, Donald Trump is against abortion. So he is close to Islam. It may be that Allah guides him further to the Right Path of Allah. Then how is it possible that Allah punishes people for choosing Trump?
there's more to running a country than banning abortion and homosexuality.....im guessing ikhwan ul muslimeen (Muslim Brotherhood) didn't teach you that ;)

keiv
09-13-2017, 02:25 AM
So how did everything in Georgia turn out for you guys?

Mustafa16
09-13-2017, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
So how did everything in Georgia turn out for you guys?
Thank you for asking, brother, jazakallaha khair, nice to know you are thinking of me and my family. Nothing at all bad happened, at least not to us. No damage to our house ijn the slightest, just heavy rain and wind, which at time shook the house a bit, but then again I was asleep for much of the hurricane (I went to bed late, and woke up late lol), and my mother, and probably nobody or at least not many people got stranded. Also, then again, I live atop a hill in my part of the neighborhood. But school (university) was cancelled for two days for me, 3 days for pre-college students, and pre-college teachers (Including my sister), and I'm not sure if power was out temporarily because i was asleep during the hardest parts of the storm lol. So much for it being a sign of Allah's punishment!

Mustafa16
09-13-2017, 02:46 PM
also, i believe there was an overreaction to the storm due to what happened 3-4 years ago where a blizzard hit and people were stranded on the road or school or work for days, including many of my classmates, and people literally abandoned their cars on the road @keiv I guess that's why the governor declared a state of emergency statewide.

OmAbdullah
09-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Thank you for asking, brother, jazakallaha khair, nice to know you are thinking of me and my family. Nothing at all bad happened, at least not to us. No damage to our house ijn the slightest, just heavy rain and wind, which at time shook the house a bit, but then again I was asleep for much of the hurricane (I went to bed late, and woke up late lol), and my mother, and probably nobody or at least not many people got stranded. Also, then again, I live atop a hill in my part of the neighborhood. But school (university) was cancelled for two days for me, 3 days for pre-college students, and pre-college teachers (Including my sister), and I'm not sure if power was out temporarily because i was asleep during the hardest parts of the storm lol. So much for it being a sign of Allah's punishment!

Allah All-Mighty has given you more time to repent, say astaghfirullah and pray at time. But you instead are saying "lol"!!!

Mustafa16
09-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Allah All-Mighty has given you more time to repent, say astaghfirullah and pray at time. But you instead are saying "lol"!!!
first of all, i have psychiatric conditions which require me to take medications to calm my aggression, which make me sleepy.....so i always miss fajr, and i have a valid medical excuse....even when the alarm blares at full volume across the room i sleep through it. second, i did not miss anymore prayers, namely dhuhr and asr. and repenting does not take all day. i repent all the time. i even say "subhan Allahi wa bi hamdih " 100 times a day and pray salat ul tawbah whenever i committ a sin.

Mustafa16
09-13-2017, 10:24 PM
also, the reason i went to bed late was because my sleeping schedule was messed up and i was trying to stay up all night so I COULD pray fajr, but i didnt want to mess up my sleeping schedule further.

OmAbdullah
09-14-2017, 08:47 PM
first of all, i have psychiatric conditions which require me to take medications to calm my aggression, which make me sleepy.....so i always miss fajr, and i have a valid medical excuse....even when the alarm blares at full volume across the room i sleep through it. second, i did not miss anymore prayers, namely dhuhr and asr. and repenting does not take all day. i repent all the time. i even say "subhan Allahi wa bi hamdih " 100 times a day and pray salat ul tawbah whenever i committ a sin.

1. If you miss fajar prayer due to sleep (not intentionally), you can make qaza (late ) when you can make all of the 4 raka't. That will be when you wake up.

2. The best treatment of the psychological disorders is the reading and understanding of the Holy Quraan. You should start it now and you will see insha-Allah that after a few months or a year, you don't need Psychiatry drugs.

Mustafa16
09-14-2017, 08:55 PM
1. If you miss fajar prayer due to sleep (not intentionally), you can make qaza (late ) when you can make all of the 4 raka't. That will be when you wake up.

2. The best treatment of the psychological disorders is the reading and understanding of the Holy Quraan. You should start it now and you will see insha-Allah that after a few months or a year, you don't need Psychiatry drugs.
the Qur'an does not cure all illnesses. psychological disorders stem from either environmental, behavioral, or neurological causes. Mine stem from neurological causes (my brain and its chemicals are wired differently). In other words, it is just as much a physical illness as it is a mental illness. So it requires physical remedies. The Qur'an is a miracle that is used to prove Muhammad (PBUH)'s Prophethood, as well as a call to and guide for moral living, not a medicine, unless one is afflicted with jinns, evil eye, or black magic. And mine is not a case of jinns, evil eye, or black magic.

Mustafa16
09-14-2017, 08:55 PM

also, I DO pray qaza after waking up, what I mean is, I never pray on time.

jamaicamuslimah
09-16-2017, 01:42 AM
Asalamalaikum,

I am taking my mom and two boys home tomorrow. We will be driving for Florida, Inshaallah--Allah SWT keep us safe: TawkaltuAllah!

It is in my heart to say that these tremendous storms can be an affirmative result on man's choices on earth. We have evolved in a society based on selfishness, baseness of humility, lack of remorse, and coldness of heart. It is not an improbability that these changes in weather patterns are not based on what man has created. Allah SWT is there to protect those who need Him. He made us intelligent beings, but our decisions are the ones that affects us. Allah SWT is the peace to our existence.

"O you who believe. If you help Allah, Allah will help you; and establish your feet firmly. But those who disbelieve, for them is destruction and Allah will make their deeds vain."

"Indeed, Our Word has gone forth of old for our slaves, the Messengers, that they will certainly be victorious; and that Our forces will certainly be triumphant."

"Allah has Decreed: It is My Messenger and I who will prevail."

"Allah has promised to those amongst you who believe and do righteous actions that He will grant you the khilafah in the land."

Al-Qur'an 47:7, 37:171-173, 58:21 and 24:55;

also,

'Never will Allah change the condition of a people, until they change themselves.'
Al-Qur'an 13:11"

or, to look on the "dark side":

Surah 99, Ayah 1-3 "When the earth is shaken to her (utmost) convulsion, And the earth throws up her burdens (from within), And man cries (distressed): 'What is the matter with her?"

(read on weather systems or al qiyamah): http://www.usislam.org/93enduniv.htm)

May I always have Allah SWT in my life, and the same for my children.

Make dua for my kids and me, Inshaallah. May Allah SWT make things easy for us, eliminate any barriers, and bring contentment to our hearts.

Barakallahu to all!

keiv
09-16-2017, 12:46 PM
I'm glad to hear everything went well with you guys. The hurricane was the largest recorded to come our way and hit us, so I don't think people really knew how to prepare and react for it. We were out of gas, water, ice and most of the basic things even before the storm came. We just got power up last night alhamdulillah. The houses were around 100* during the day and at night, only got down to the 90s even with the windows and doors open. This storm (along with any natural disasters) should be a wake up call to people, whether religious or not, to realize we are helpless in situations like these regardless of the technologies we have. We had 1 days worth of rain and there were already parts of Florida underwater. Just imagine if we had a storm like Texas did where the rain didn't stop for days. As more storms come here, it seems the floods we get become more frequent regardless of the amount of rain we get. It was always predicted that parts of Florida would become underwater in the future, so who knows what will happen as time goes on.

It's been a horrible week in terms of weather and the situation over all but, it's also been a blessing. Although the wireless battery powered technologies were still around, things like computers and tvs were completely down (unless you had a generator), so to get away from all that was nice. People came together and families were communicating with each other. It was actually quite refreshingl. Unfortunately now that the power is back on, things will return to the way they were because that's what people are comfortable with. Face to face communication between people will stop, people will become hermits in their houses, and overall, with all this background noise in the way, people will no longer contemplate on life and their surroundings or even worse, be thankful for what they have.

OmAbdullah
09-16-2017, 05:34 PM
the Qur'an does not cure all illnesses. psychological disorders stem from either environmental, behavioral, or neurological causes. Mine stem from neurological causes (my brain and its chemicals are wired differently). In other words, it is just as much a physical illness as it is a mental illness. So it requires physical remedies. The Qur'an is a miracle that is used to prove Muhammad (PBUH)'s Prophethood, as well as a call to and guide for moral living, not a medicine, unless one is afflicted with jinns, evil eye, or black magic. And mine is not a case of jinns, evil eye, or black magic.

No medicine can work if Allah doesn't will. We have to use medicines and pray to Allah for Shafaa. If a Muslim starts trusting medicine instead of Allah, he commits shirk.

In fact, these are the vast truths that I want you to know. You start understanding the Holy Quraan and check, insha -Allah you will see amazing change. Also insha-Allah you will one day start praying on time.

cinnamonrolls1
09-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Inshallah nothing severe will happen. I dont believe its a punishment from Allah swt. Il keep you and everyone else there in my prayers

rozyred
09-17-2017, 10:09 AM
We will definitely continue praying for you.

OmAbdullah
09-17-2017, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Inshallah nothing severe will happen. I dont believe its a punishment from Allah swt. Il keep you and everyone else there in my prayers

The people who are killed by a hurricane, tornado, earthquake etc. for them it is a punishment but those who are saved, for them it is a warning to take heed before another one comes and kills him/her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.