/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on Hijab

nemo_islam98
09-12-2017, 03:41 PM
As Salaam Alakium

I am a hijabi and I want to know that if it is permissible for me to wear leggings with a long dress that passed my knee?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
09-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Walaikum Asalaam

Hijaab is covering the body completely without the natural shape of the body being exposed. Leggings are quite fitting to the body and will expose the shape of your legs. So unless the skirt is full length, it's not hijaab to wear anything shorter than that which will expose the shape of your legs.

happymuslim
09-12-2017, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Asalaam

Hijaab is covering the body completely without the natural shape of the body being exposed. Leggings are quite fitting to the body and will expose the shape of your legs. So unless the skirt is full length, it's not hijaab to wear anything shorter than that which will expose the shape of your legs.
Are pants haram?

*charisma*
09-13-2017, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by happymuslim
Are pants haram?
Pants are not a part of hijab attire, so they would not be islamically permissible to wear in public.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
happymuslim
09-13-2017, 02:21 AM
Pants are not a part of hijab attire, so they would not be islamically permissible to wear in public.
Even baggy pants?

rozyred
09-13-2017, 04:19 AM
According to some scholars, you can wear those with a long dress but not with a tight fitting one that shows your body shape.

shafat10
09-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Are pants haram?
Pants are not Haram. If they are loose, then it is fine. If they are so tight that it reveals the shape of your body, then it's not correct, you should wear loose clothes, male and female alike. But like the other sister said, it is preferable you wear something loose, like a gown / Jilbab so it doesn't expose the legs / Pajamas. So back to your main question, if you wear a long loose dress up to your ankles or further, then it's fine. Otherwise, wearing leggings without a loose cloth after your knees should not be worn.

*charisma*
09-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Even baggy pants?
Depends on your definition of "baggy." Normal pants are considered baggy these days just because they aren't skinny jeans or leggings. So regular pants/sweats are not allowed either. Perhaps something like palazzo pants (pic) with a long, loose fitted shirt would be a lot more appropriate. Scholars believe that muslimahs wearing pants is an imitation of men and in some cases even an imitation of kufaar, so best to be avoided in general. Read more here: https://islamqa.info/en/115098 and https://islamqa.info/en/60131

happymuslim
09-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Depends on your definition of "baggy." Normal pants are considered baggy these days just because they aren't skinny jeans or leggings. So regular pants/sweats are not allowed either. Perhaps something like palazzo pants (pic) with a long, loose fitted shirt would be a lot more appropriate. Scholars believe that muslimahs wearing pants is an imitation of men and in some cases even an imitation of kufaar, so best to be avoided in general. Read more here: https://islamqa.info/en/115098 and https://islamqa.info/en/60131
But men wear boy dresses (ie.thobes) so i thought girls can wear girl pants since they make em these days idk

*charisma*
09-14-2017, 02:15 AM
But men wear boy dresses (ie.thobes) so i thought girls can wear girl pants since they make em these days idk
A thobe is not female attire, so I don't understand your comparison there. Thobes are for men, abayahs are for women. Men don't wear abayahs and women don't wear thobes. Secondly women have to be cautious because our entire bodies are considered awrah, unlike men. Even when we are fully in hijaab, modesty is to be practiced. Thirdly one has to have their iman and intentions in check and assess themselves before they leave the house. For example, some sisters get lazy and leave the house wearing the bare minimum with a headscarf and think that just because they are covering their bodies that it's ok or hijaab. Others may be too extravagant or put their adornments on display because they want to impress or westernize themselves more like when they buy specific brands (imitating kuffaar) of shoes, types of clothing, or accessories.

happymuslim
09-14-2017, 02:37 AM
A thobe is not female attire, so I don't understand your comparison there. Thobes are for men, abayahs are for women. Men don't wear abayahs and women don't wear thobes. Secondly women have to be cautious because our entire bodies are considered awrah, unlike men. Even when we are fully in hijaab, modesty is to be practiced. Thirdly one has to have their iman and intentions in check and assess themselves before they leave the house. For example, some sisters get lazy and leave the house wearing the bare minimum with a headscarf and think that just because they are covering their bodies that it's ok or hijaab. Others may be too extravagant or put their adornments on display because they want to impress or westernize themselves more like when they buy specific brands (imitating kuffaar) of shoes, types of clothing, or accessories.
I meant like, theres girl pants and boy pants but anyways jazakallah for clarifying

shafat10
09-25-2017, 01:14 PM
I think I will just clarify one thing here...

For example Jeans, it is worn by male and female both these days. So if in a society, Jeans is worn by both males and females and it is a norm, then Jeans can be worn by women and men alike. But if there is a society where Jeans are worn only by men strictly, then in that society, women wearing Jeans will be considered imitating men, therefore Haram for women. But in a land where both wear it, then men and women alike can wear. That won't be imitating. Hope this helps.

PS - Am not talking about Jeans or any dress strictly or whether it is Haram or Halal for female to wear only Jeans; I was just giving an example and just said the ruling. Hope this helps.

I meant like, theres girl pants and boy pants but anyways jazakallah for clarifying

cinnamonrolls1
02-16-2018, 07:27 AM
I wear jeans- bootcuts tho loool

Sent from my [device_name] using IslamicBoard mobile app

Supernova
02-16-2018, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nemo_islam98
As Salaam Alakium

I am a hijabi and I want to know that if it is permissible for me to wear leggings with a long dress that passed my knee?

Asalaamualaykum

When we use the word "cover" in English for Hijab - it is very misleading and one of the worst words one can use. (It amazes me that even Scholars use this word)

The correct English substitute is "concealment" or "conceal"

The word 'Cover' misleads people to think as long as the skin is covered its fine because the word cover means to throw something over the subject at question BUT not necessarily hide the shape of the object.

The word 'conceal' indicates more to cover by also hiding the very shape of the subject at question. In other words 'conceal' means to hid in such a way that someone would not even know the object or shape of the object being hidden.

From the above you will understand that "cover" is not the best word to substitute for Hijab. The word 'conceal' is more appropriate.

Zzz_
02-16-2018, 04:31 PM
No matter how loose and baggy your pants are, have you ever seen yourself in action? when you climb stairs, bend over to pick things up, or any movement of lower body that causes them to hug the legs show very well the shape of not just the legs but the buttocks as well. Which is why if one is going to wear jeans, first they need to be super baggy, like this: http://www.oasisamor.org/baggy-jeans...sing-campaign/

and secondly, a top layer should come down to thighs level to cover that area properly, like this: http://share.pho.to/AsAMO

Mahir Adnan
02-16-2018, 07:24 PM
it's haran for a girl to wear boy's dress

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.