/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Husband doesn't like my cooking and it drives me mad

anonymous
09-14-2017, 07:39 PM
Salam

I know it sounds like a really random issue but it's really annoying me. Basically my husband is quite picky person and always finds something to find fault in. I often spend hours in the kitchen preparing food only to hear my husband about the food not being nice.

I recently made a dish and happen to over hear him complaining about the food to himself. I just lost it so launched into an attack and said some really nasty things to him. I even became physical with him as I don't understand what he expects. why are men so ungrateful. It takes hours to prep food and rather than appreciating the effort he says it's not good enough.

Surely that's wrong and I don't know how to deal with it. I don't regret my actions as his always finding something to complain about. It's easy for others to say I should not react like I did but at times I really can't stand him and I don't shy away from letting him know even if his family are around.

How do other women deal in such situations that's if their unlucky enough to be living with a moron.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
09-14-2017, 08:00 PM
You have to talk about this issue with your husband and tell to him how it feels when he disrespects your kitchen skills day after day. Peacefully then.

Or then prepare so awful food once and wait the reaction. :D Tell him he will get such foods as it seems he doesn´t like yours the better foods.

M.I.A.
09-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Mrs anon..

Its like you dont ask if your husband wants anything in particular for you to both eat.

Although i do admit it is wrong to say something is not nice..

Notes on mistakes of mr.anon:

Never bring problem to table.. only solution.

Never talk to self out loud.. it will gets the troubles.

..i feel you are still a young couple.

Wise weathered men, learn diplomacy..

And local takeaway numbers.

Im kidding, i honestly can't fault the women in our house..

If you dont like it.

You are obviously not hungry enough. Jk.

Serious answer, get input on what you both like.. compromise.

No.2.

Get him to help you in kitchen.. let him add ingredients and input...

Watch his face as you eat together. Delicious.

Also ordering takeaways now and again will give you some rest time.. no complaints.. no guilt trips..

Probably.

Learn to try new dishes. Ready mixed masalas and recipes can aid in learning and discovery.

Violence is not the answer!

Attachment 6264

Mustafa16
09-14-2017, 11:00 PM
Why don't you just ask him what he would like to eat?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
danishajaz
09-15-2017, 03:46 AM
Yeah, it would be good if you talk to him when you are not cooking maybe when going to bed. Tell him you do your best and if there is something not ok it's not something you deliberately do

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.