/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I've lost motivation

Bobbyflay23
09-16-2017, 04:36 AM
Last time I posted I was talking about how I re got addicted to masterbation and now I'm at the point where I feel as if I wish I could be a average Muslim who doesn't do major sins but like I pretty much gave up on trying I have like no motivation like I understand Islam is the way I should be going but idk I feel like I've pretty much given up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
09-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Please dont give up, the shaitan hits when a person gives up and gets demotivated.

You are trying so keep on trying until you achieve success.

And nobody is free from sins we need to continue the struggle. You will eventually win.

M.I.A.
09-16-2017, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Last time I posted I was talking about how I re got addicted to masterbation and now I'm at the point where I feel as if I wish I could be a average Muslim who doesn't do major sins but like I pretty much gave up on trying I have like no motivation like I understand Islam is the way I should be going but idk I feel like I've pretty much given up
I would hope it is the lesser sin..

Although its only want is to plant false desires in you.

Depravity of thought is the last thing you want on the wifi.

I hope allah swt has mercy upon you.. and you give up before any serious consequences manifest in your life.

Personal shame will stop you from putting it forward in the world..You cant give that up.

Look down often really.. lol its learned behaviour.

If it starts turning up in your life, its persuit will only make it worse..

And its shunning will only make you see the world a little more clearly.

Allah swt have mercy upon us.

Protect us from the evil of our on selves and the evil of the shaitan and his followers.

OP : help im addicted to crack!

M.I.A. : interventions and support groups will help you more than you know.

..everything is only for a time god willing.
So you either kill all the cigarette sellers..

Or increase taxes and make it socially unacceptable.

Eien
09-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Hey, I just want to say that I know well how you feel. I am addicted to sweets.. I *think* they help me get through my day. In actuality, they don't. I realize both these things simultaneously, but yet I still over-eat. The reason is because they are a part of the coping mechanism that I use to get through every day life. A brief moment of pleasure, or contentment. It's routine. But, addiction is a mental illness. And thankfully, it's one that we know the cure for. It's pretty simple - just sincere effort towards making your life better. And trust Allah for that which you have no control over.

As I'm writing this, I actually have had several cravings for sweets. But, I am at a point now, today, when I know I can resist those cravings and not be bombarded by at every waking moment. Some days may be harder than this.. But, there's a saying that goes 'strike the iron while it's hot'. If my cravings are light now, I shouldn't give in. Instead, I'll make a small victory. That's what I want to do. I think there's probably a thread on here for this purpose, but if you want people to help you with this by providing accountability - just reach out for it.

If you're lacking in motivation, try to clearly consider how an addiction is affecting your current and future life. For example, my over-eating leads to decreased brain function, higher incidence of depression and lack of energy (which is necessary for motivation heh..).Over-eating sugar in general (particularly the kind found in our foods) damages the cells across my whole body in a variety of ways. And some of the damage (though minute) is practically irreversible. So.. why do I want to end this addiction? To avoid all the negative consequences above, so that I can live a better, easier life.

That said, I will also say this.. Sometimes, we make problems of things that aren't problems. Thus, I encourage you to do an honest analysis of anything you consider as being an issue. How is it affecting your life? How is it affecting others? How is affecting your relationships? And of course, seek the guidance of Allah in every moment. Take care!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
سيف الله
10-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Salaam

This might help

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.