/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleep paralysis

Salma Somad
09-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Salam aleikum brothers and sisters,
Last night or early morning I woke up to a sleep paralysis, my body was continuously shaking while this was taking action, I couldn't move anything except for my eyes so I was shocked at the fact that my body was shaking because I was not moving. My body was shaking as if someone was grabbing me and shaking me. This only lasted 2 minutes.

After this incident I decided to do some research on it. And I read that this is called jinn al jathoom. Could someone give me more information on this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
happymuslim
09-16-2017, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salma Somad
Salam aleikum brothers and sisters,
Last night or early morning I woke up to a sleep paralysis, my body was continuously shaking while this was taking action, I couldn't move anything except for my eyes so I was shocked at the fact that my body was shaking because I was not moving. My body was shaking as if someone was grabbing me and shaking me. This only lasted 2 minutes.

After this incident I decided to do some research on it. And I read that this is called jinn al jathoom. Could someone give me more information on this?
I've had similar sleep paralysis, don't let it bother you, when you wake up, just read ayat al kursi, and seek refuge in Allah from shaytaan.

Zzz_
09-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Jathoom refers to kaboos, which is not a myth or fable, rather it is something real that does happen; it may be caused by physical factors or it may be caused by the jinn.

https://islamqa.info/en/75612

It's best to recite ayatul kursi and the 3 kuls at night before bed.

rozyred
09-19-2017, 03:37 AM
Yes. Try to recite Ayat ul Kursi and 4 Quls (Ikhlas, Falaq, Nas and Kafirun) before sleeping.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.