/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know German?

Sho Islam
09-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Asalamu alaikum

I recently came across a video on youtube which I believe is in German, where they do a social experiment by presenting verses of the Bible and seeing whether the people thought these verses were from the Quran or Bible.

There is a version of this video that had been translated to Arabic (subtitles) however I think there maybe some problems with the translation and may not be completely accurate.

As the video is in German, if anyone on this forum is German speaking/knows German then if they can translate the 3 verses mentioned in the video to English I would really be grateful.

The link to the youtube video is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMNlKO4OCK8&t=38s

If anyone also knows where exactly these 3 verses are mentioned in the Bible that would be a plus!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
new2010
09-22-2017, 03:51 AM
wa alaikum assalam,

just type the verses into google next time, you will find them.

Vers 1 (3 Moses, 24,16). "Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death."
Vers 2 (Isaiah,60,1) "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste."
Vers 3 (Roman, 7,2) "For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage."

All Englisch Standard Translation.

Sho Islam
09-22-2017, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
wa alaikum assalam,

just type the verses into google next time, you will find them.

Vers 1 (3 Moses, 24,16). "Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death."
Vers 2 (Isaiah,60,1) "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste."
Vers 3 (Roman, 7,2) "For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage."

All Englisch Standard Translation.
JazakAllahu Khairan brother,

Thank you for looking those verses up. I did attempt to look up the verses myself but as I don't know German I wanted someone who knows German to confirm if what I thought was correct.

According to the Arabic translation I thought the second verse (1 minute 10 seconds into the video) was actually closer to the verses in Isaiah 13:15-16 Christian Standard Bible (CSB):
15 Whoever is found will be stabbed, and whoever is caught will die by the sword.
16 Their children will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
their houses will be looted, and their wives raped.

Although I'm starting to think there are actually 4 verses in total in this video, where there is the verse I mentioned above roughly 1 minute into the video and actual second verse presented to the people roughly 2 minutes into the video i.e. the one you mentioned is the one in (Isaiah,60,1).

Is that correct?

new2010
09-22-2017, 03:19 PM
You're welcome.

No akhi, there are only three verses in that video.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sho Islam
09-23-2017, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
You're welcome.

No akhi, there are only three verses in that video.
No problem, just wanted to be sure.

Thank you again brother

wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.