/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mythicism

Mitharadir
09-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Whats the opinion of islam for Mythicism?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grandad
09-22-2017, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mitharadir
Whats the opinion of islam for Mythicism?
As-Salāmu ‘alaykum.

I assume you are referring to the claim that Yeshua (radi Allahu ‘anhu) did not exist as a real person, but is the product of myth-making on the part of the New Testament writers.

The Islamic view is simple: He was a real person; not divine; not crucified; not buried, only to rise again on the third day; a prophet of Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla); and Messiah.

M.I.A.
09-22-2017, 01:42 PM
For mythicism to hold any credibility you would have to disregard what the jews and muslims believe..

In islam jesus AS is a key figure in history and declared as a prophet of god..

Specifically mentioned in scripture.

Although both the jewish and islamic faith hold opinion and scripture on the faith of christianity.

format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
As-Salāmu ‘alaykum.

I assume you are referring to the claim that Yeshua (radi Allahu ‘anhu) did not exist as a real person, but is the product of myth-making on the part of the New Testament writers.

The Islamic view is simple: He was a real person; not divine; not crucified; not buried, only to rise again on the third day; a prophet of Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla); and Messiah.
Your absolutely right and i was with you until the rising on the third day..

Please clarify.

Not crucified, not buried..

only to rise again on the third day

Sorry i am wholely ignorant sometimes.

Grandad
09-22-2017, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
For mythicism to hold any credibility you would have to disregard what the jews and muslims believe..

In islam jesus AS is a key figure in history and declared as a prophet of god..

Specifically mentioned in scripture.

Although both the jewish and islamic faith hold opinion and scripture on the faith of christianity.

Your absolutely right and i was with you until the rising on the third day..

Please clarify.

Not crucified, not buried..

only to rise again on the third day

Sorry i am wholely ignorant sometimes.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant that Islam does not teach the crucifixion, burial, and subsequent resurrection of Yeshua (radi Allahu ‘anhu) after three days in the tomb (as claimed in the Gospels).

I hope this clarifies matters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
09-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Its really quite alright, its just better to ask i suppose.

Thanks.

Grandad
09-23-2017, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Its really quite alright, its just better to ask i suppose.

Thanks.
Asking is good. You're very welcome.

Mitharadir
09-23-2017, 03:02 PM
Thanks.

Grandad
09-24-2017, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mitharadir
Thanks.
You're very welcome.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!