/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Situation with wife. So before I married her...

Stoic
09-27-2017, 12:42 AM
and knew her... she use to live with her sister and brother in law. It was for about a decade before she lived on her own. Anyways when they use to live together I found out she use to always be hijab scarfless in front of brother in law and I asked her to cover now but she says its normal he's like a brother she been doing it for so long.
So since the brother in law use to always see her scarfless...is it still a point to cover in front of him now??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
09-27-2017, 01:24 AM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
So since the brother in law use to always see her scarfless...is it still a point to cover in front of him now??
Yes absolutely! Consider not covering up a sin. So shouldnt she stop sinning when she knows its wrong? It doesnt matter if he already saw her. We dont choose to cover just to hide ourselves from men, rather its to please Allah subhanahu wa tala. Advise her to understand why she wears the scarf in the first place. You should be more adamant about helping her wear it properly. Even if he is like her brother, he isnt her brother. The prophet pbuh actually warned us specifically about the brother in law being in the presence of sister in laws. I will post hadith later inshallah.

Stoic
09-27-2017, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu alaikum

Yes absolutely! Consider not covering up a sin. So shouldnt she stop sinning when she knows its wrong? It doesnt matter if he already saw her. We dont choose to cover just to hide ourselves from men, rather its to please Allah subhanahu wa tala. Advise her to understand why she wears the scarf in the first place. You should be more adamant about helping her wear it properly. Even if he is like her brother, he isnt her brother. The prophet pbuh actually warned us specifically about the brother in law being in the presence of sister in laws. I will post hadith later inshallah.
Please do. Jzk

rozyred
09-27-2017, 04:15 AM
Salam. Even I had gone through the same situation, but once I started to follow my religious rules, I wear in front of them too so that is completely all right.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
10-01-2017, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
and knew her... she use to live with her sister and brother in law. It was for about a decade before she lived on her own. Anyways when they use to live together I found out she use to always be hijab scarfless in front of brother in law and I asked her to cover now but she says its normal he's like a brother she been doing it for so long.
Asalaamualaykum:

Take Charisma's Advice on this situation.

I think it would be worth adding to this that to avoid a family discomfort, You should advice the brother-in-law of you wife, that his wife (Your wife's sister, Also perform hijab in front of you).
If your wife's sister is not wearing Hijab, then you will killing two birds with one stone.
If your wife's sister is already performing hijab in front of you - then your wife simply needs to take a lesson from her sister.

Mustafa16
10-01-2017, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum:

Take Charisma's Advice on this situation.

I think it would be worth adding to this that to avoid a family discomfort, You should advice the brother-in-law of you wife, that his wife (Your wife's sister, Also perform hijab in front of you).
If your wife's sister is not wearing Hijab, then you will killing two birds with one stone.
If your wife's sister is already performing hijab in front of you - then your wife simply needs to take a lesson from her sister.
I agree with samirbrazendale....i believe there was a hadeeth where the Prophet (SAW) advised on in laws, and when a sahaba questioned this, he said, "the in-laws are death" right here: https://islamqa.info/en/1940

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.